• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leave VP battle?

C

Cookie28

Hi Everyone.
I was waiting to board the VP elevator when I received an invitation to a boarding group. I accepted and they started the game with just the two of us. I didn't see any way to leave the game. Needless to say I lost everything - I had level seven on all of my gags. The person was a 120+ Mr. Hollywood level 24. They knew there was no way that we could win.
Is there any way to leave once you are on the elevator? I would NEVER do this during a regular game.
Thank you for your help.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

That is the problem. You have no control unless you are the boarding group leader. I don't think I'll ever use it unless I know there are enough of my friends that are part of the group and definitely enough to fight the battle.

This happened to me as well today while testing it. Unfortunately the other toon (a friend) didn't understand when I said DO NOT PRESS GO. There the two of us were in VP and I had no gags and my lures missed 5 times in a row, needless to say, I went sad.

Actually, I was pretty much ROFL and not all that upset over it. I really wanted to test it as the group leader but she invited me and I accepted the boarding pass.

Of course it took me over 5 minutes to RSVP to all the other tons of invites I was bombarded with before I could do anything...

This boarding thing is a mess and really needs to be tweaked before I can see it being an advantage.

I think you need to only do it with friends and need to whisper to any group leaders asking if they have a full group before accepting an invite.

It's more of a hassle than it's worth.

C

Cookie28

Thanks for the reply. I assumed when I joined that they would wait for a full group before starting since they had fought the battle many times before.

I am at 117 and just couldn't make it through the first battle. It was extremely annoying to lose all of my level sevens. They went sad before I did.

I agree that it probably is just more of a hassle than a help.

I had read about someone trying to leave by bringing up the task manager but they said they still went sad. I guess I should have tried it anyway.

Thanks again. :)

P

Pinky Pepperpow

I just read the new guidelines they posted after maintenance and it makes a lot more sense and they've added new features to it.

A lot of what happened yesterday to so many toons getting stuck in a run with just a few toons would not of happened. Now you can exit out of a boarding group too. The group leader doesn't have ALL the control.

I'm up for testing this today...after I get some sleep!

S

Squeaker

When we go SOS shopping - which means we only stay for the whole vp for a good card, we use task manager. We have it open in the corner of our screen. If we see that the toon to be saved is not worth our time or effort, we hit end process and restart toontown to try for a better card. We do not lose our gags or go sad. So yes, you can get out of vp safely.

CEO is quite another story. Have to wait until after the first round. I thought it had been fixed but I jumped the gun a bit last week and hit end process about a minute early. Lost all my gags - stupid!

S

soupandquackers

First off welcome to stratics. Second, if you are running windows you can "x" it out at the top or just alt+f4 out.

C

Cookie28

Thank you all for the replies and the welcome. :)

If that ever happens again I will definately try the exits described.

A

Animal_Control

Hi Everyone.
Is there any way to leave once you are on the elevator?
Yes, there is. There is a panic button directly behind the toons. Sometimes it works, sometimes it notifies Animal Control. hehe. Either way, you will get out.:lol:

S

Sarcatstic

First off welcome to stratics. Second, if you are running windows you can "x" it out at the top or just alt+f4 out.
I've shopped for sos cards for a few years now and just using the X to close windows will not always work now.

Task manager is very easy to use. just hit the ctrl alt delete keys at the same time- pick processes at the top of windows task manager-pick toontown exe- and go to the end process button at the bottom of task manager screen- it will then ask you if you are sure and just click on the yes button-i do this with two at the same time when in vps.

you can practice this anywhere in tt but just say no when it gives you the warning screen.

M

MissLilyFuzzyfoot

When I disconnect I usually just turn off the internet.

We have wireless, so I disconnect my computer from the network first and if that doesn't work, I just unplug everything.

This way there is no sadness, no loss of gags, and life returns to normal.

NOTE: Sometimes I've had to wait upwards of 5 minutes for this to work. I went sad when I didn't wait for the "You have been disconnected" message ...

Thaz just what me an' the roomies do when things get rough.

M

Minette the Mini Cat

I have windows and most of the time alt F4 works best.... other times it just hates my computer :flame: and my poor toons.