• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leather Wolf Skin

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would appreciate suggestions for obtaining this stuff. If I am reading correctly the stuff only spawns on the bodies of the wolves my crafted wolf summons. This leads to a bunch of questions.

1. do the summoned wolves take up taming slots?

2. How long does it take for the crafted wolf to summon help?

3. Any suggestions on what to attack with my wolf pack?

4. will every summoned leather wolf corpse have the wolf skin?

5. if I manage to keep my crafted wolf alive through an encounter will the summoned wolves dissapear and if so will more be summoned for the next encounter?

Not knowing the strength of these things I went right off to try the sphynx. The wolf died before it could summon anything and there was no wolf skin to be found.

I just hate wasting the ingredients on this quest. I am about to try putting two crafted wolves onto each other and see what I can get. If I don't get anything from this I am just going to see what help I can get here.

THanks

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I created two Leather Wolves and had them fight each other. One did cry for help but nothing appeared. I learned that there is a cool down timer for healing them with tinkers tools. THey both came close to death a few times before I gave up my latest attempt at getting the leather wolf skin.

I look forward to any advice.

Cheers

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also can be gotten from leather wolves spawning in Ter mur or from level 3 ter mur maps. There was a post a week or two ago which should be findable

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just thought it would be more efficient to get it from craftable wolves. Where do they spawn in Ter Mur? The hunters guide lists 3 locations but the locations do not list Leather Wolves among their wildlife.

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally dug up the locked thread and will contact Popps to see if he came up with a more efficient way. If not, I'll happily do what I must to complete my quests.