• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leaderboard calculs, any logic behind it ?

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
leaderboard.jpg

Does anyone understand any logic behind this leaderboard, I mean , the guy is leading with 10 kills and 19 deaths which is a poor ratio, and yet my score isnt even 1/100 of his , but I got a ratio of 3 win /1 loose : 94 kills/34 death and 49 assists ! Am i missing something or is it just broke ? @Bleak @Kyronix

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if its showing past results from when the system was pretty exploitable then it wont ever really be accurrate. they should probably start leaderboard points from now and not count past points.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That doesn't even make any sense in there are 71 more total kills vs total deaths. I understand some people might have left VvV already but that seems crazy off side.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's probably based off of his characters current score..so when he sat in towns AFK and collected free silver..his score was probably pretty high..they need to reset it all to make it worth while but unfortunately there are people who have a ton of silver who would get pissed..so sadly it'll always look like this and be unbalanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but unfortunately there are people who have a ton of silver who would get pissed..so sadly it'll always look like this and be unbalanced
Not unlike people who had 10+ chars spread on random shards back in the faction days that got mothballed for ages, the team had no problem screwing them over so nothing should stop this round.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not unlike people who had 10+ chars spread on random shards back in the faction days that got mothballed for ages, the team had no problem screwing them over so nothing should stop this round.
Yeah but it also took what? 7-8 years? Factions were also completely dead at that point and they tried revamping it..I'm sure most people who are at 9,000 silver and are so close to getting the deed if that had to be reset back as well..would likely just not opt back in..I personally don't care, I couldn't even tell you how much silver I had. What I can say though is I've lost all interest in it period..it takes far too long to farm silver to but armor..i am one of the people who wants to log in and fight for an hour and log off..not grind cities for 4 hours to afford 1 piece..it doesn't seem worth the hassle to me. The whole point behind it in general was to make cross shard PvPing accessible..and it's not. There's no way I'm grinding one characters silver nevermind 7-8 of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I would say that factions was dead before the change but I would agree it was dead after. The rest of what you said it dead on.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That isn't what's going on here... They reduced scores BUT it only updates if you participate so as long as that person doesn't do a VvV town there score will not be reduced. BUT they made winning a town still 10k instead of reducing it by the right amount so you can double your reduced score in one town.

This is not right.... All scores had to be reduced and all towns reduced by the same about. I have the high score on origin and worked hard to get it, and the changes are encouraging me not to play or I will have to do it all over again.

Please fix the scores and fix the town scores so they are all reduced by the same factor. Thank you

Lore's Player

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 25784

Does anyone understand any logic behind this leaderboard, I mean , the guy is leading with 10 kills and 19 deaths which is a poor ratio, and yet my score isnt even 1/100 of his , but I got a ratio of 3 win /1 loose : 94 kills/34 death and 49 assists ! Am i missing something or is it just broke ? @Bleak @Kyronix
Your character's score is a direct result of your match performance. Currently, it takes 10,000 points to win a match (or 20 minutes). At the end of the match the winning guild's players will receive a 1:1 award of score points based on match points, while everyone else gets a 0.5:1. Previously it was a 2:1 ratio, but that has since been reduced with the release of Pub 88.

@Lore Denin (GL) - What you are seeing on Origin is the result of expired data in the leaderboard cache. This will be updated when Origin goes through its next maintenance.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your character's score is a direct result of your match performance. Currently, it takes 10,000 points to win a match (or 20 minutes). At the end of the match the winning guild's players will receive a 1:1 award of score points based on match points, while everyone else gets a 0.5:1. Previously it was a 2:1 ratio, but that has since been reduced with the release of Pub 88.

@Lore Denin (GL) - What you are seeing on Origin is the result of expired data in the leaderboard cache. This will be updated when Origin goes through its next maintenance.
I dont understand anything or any logic behind all this, im sorry, I might not mess with this VvV battles anymore ...

Jeez, dont you see that the guy is LEADING WITH 2 millions points and hes got 10 kills ???? Oh yea he did alot of epic battles im sure... while I got 150 kills (kills+ assists) and yet im not even 23k scores.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont understand anything or any logic behind all this, im sorry, I might not mess with this VvV battles anymore ...
Whatever points you accumulate towards the 10k needed to win (from kills, altars, or sigils) during a match are added to your score, either the full amount if you win - or half if you don't win.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whatever points you accumulate (from kills, altars, or sigils) during a match are added to your score, either the full amount if you win - or half if you don't win.
Just wipe all scores please, reset scores only now that its balanced. The guy shouldnt be leading a leaderboard with a ratio of 1 kill 2 deaths, im sorry .

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wipe all scores please, reset scores only now that its balanced. The guy shouldnt be leading a leaderboard with a ratio of 1 kill 2 deaths, im sorry .
You can sort by different categories. If you click the arrow next to "Kills" your name would be on top.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quick that leader's score will be drastically reduced at server, I am a over 10 mil points and they will blink away to basically nothing. The new scoring system pretty much makes it a wipe because the old scores are extremely reduced. Here was a message I got from a guildmate this morning.

"They say it was reduced by a factor of 100. But mine went from 2.5m to 35k. Don't log in and do VvV until they fix mistake or you will lose all your points"

35k points means that all the time and hours people put in over the last few months will be less then winning a total of 4 towns. 35k vs 40k.

You are getting your wish, its basically a point wipe.

Lore's Player

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where's the rest of all the pvpers on GL. There has to be more than only 6. And where are all the sigil stealers listed? I know I've stolen more than anybody on that list!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So... you can only see and compares scores of people within your own alliance? That seems to be all I can see.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where's the rest of all the pvpers on GL. There has to be more than only 6. And where are all the sigil stealers listed? I know I've stolen more than anybody on that list!
You need to enter in a vvv battle city and your name will show on the list

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didn't show the 400+ Sigils I had stolen prior to the publish, though it did have the kills/deaths.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its all good his 2 millions reduced to 23k scores, I guess it was a bug or not updated score. Or maybe a dev came and fixed it :)

Rolo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It seems the leaderboards dont update until people log characters in post publish. I wouldnt take too much stock into "kills" leaders anyways as most of the leaders are tamers with "speed" as the only real defensive skills on thier characters and other dubious methods used.

Last edited:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can sort by different categories. If you click the arrow next to "Kills" your name would be on top.
I have a question, because some of my stats seem to be changing over time. So, is there a thirty day (or some other time frame) fall off for the data?

To me that would make a lot of sense and serve as a strong stimulus to "stay active".

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You'll reply to this thread but not one related to an actual skill issue ? Of course I"m talking about my Necro/Bard with an actual game breaking issue that has been confirmed by at least one other person.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'll reply to this thread but not one related to an actual skill issue ? Of course I"m talking about my Necro/Bard with an actual game breaking issue that has been confirmed by at least one other person.
Sorry for missing your other thread. The "mention" feature doesn't always ping on my notifications. I've submitted an unconfirmed bug report into the system, QA will then verify and we can get it fixed.