• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LBODS and SBODS

H

Hariss

It has been several years since I played. Is it true that all tailor sbods are used in lbods but not all blacksmith sbods are used in lbods? I am pretty sure the shields are not used.

As I recall some smiths used to throw away some of these sbods that were not really worth their trouble. Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yep, this is true.

The shields are not in larges
The Female Plate is not in a large
The Bascinet, Norse Helmet, Close Helmet, and Helmet are not in a large.

Do note, though, that the following smalls are probably worth the effort to fill, from a risk vs. reward viewpoint.

Dull copper Exceptional Quality smalls
10 Ex & 15 Ex have a 20% chance of Powder of Fortifying (used to be called Powder of Temperment; the new version works on nearly all items that have resists, not just smith items)
20 Ex has a 90% chance of PoF.

Shadow Iron Exceptional 10 & 15 smalls
Both have a 90% PoF chance

Bronze Normal 20 smalls
20% chance of PoF

Gold Normal Smalls
10 & 15 count have 20% chance of PoF
20 count has a 90% chance of PoF

Gold Exceptional 15 & 20 smalls
Exceptional 15 has a 10% chance of a colored anvil deed (which, even after all these years, still sell for a couple hundred thousand). And, until the spring cleaning ends, if you end up with the 105 PS, it at least is worth cleaning points.
Exceptional 20 gives a copper hammer (which, with the runic changes in February, now can make decent weapons)

Agapite Normal 10 & 15 smalls
Both give 90% chance of PoF

Agapite Exceptional smalls
10-count gives a copper hammer
15-count gives a 10% chance at a colored anvil, and a 30% chance of a copper hammer instead. If you get the 110 PS, turn it in for spring cleaning points.
20-count gives a bronze hammer

Verite & Valorite Exceptional smalls
10 & 15 count Verite give Bronze hammer
20 count Verite & 10/15 count Valorite give +10 Ancient Smith Hammers
20 count valorite gives a 115 PS (turn in for points, or use if you haven't got better than a 110 PS yet).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was thinking of that too, as I typed it. I did have the info in one of the guides at one point, over on player's corner, but edited it into the point system of the FAQ.

I just Added it into the Smith FAQ as a subsection of section 3.2, in an expanded form.