• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lava Traps] Doing something wrong.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I must be missing something?

I take lava lobster traps to Stygian Abyss, stealth all down the lava. I throw out some traps (revealed and hidden same result), wait a minute or so, and fish are NEVER biting.

Am I doing something wrong? I make sure my fisher has eaten until capacity, I have the fisherman's bait suit on. Help, please?

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use bait. Use bait suit. Cross your fingers. Pray. They are a rare catch.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn, I'll have to try with bait. Thanks a bunch! :)

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive gotten lots of baits for Void Crab which im told is caught someplace in Ter Mur. But I have not seen/gotten the Void Lobster bait which is what you would be fishing for in the Stygian Abyss lava with Lava Lobster traps, are you sure there is such a bait or were you confusing the 2 baits?

In response to first posters question you do put the lava trap out and since there is no other crabs/lobsters in the Lava except for the elusive Void Lobster you do normally get the message The Fish are Not Biting. BE WARNED the only notice you get that the trap has caught something is you will get the Bob message from the trap, that's what it does when it catches the Void Lobster. Though expect to loose m0re traps and see No Fish Messages than the elusive Bob message he's a rare one he is