• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Weapons Lava Infused and Assassin Honed Archery weps

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Buying these bows ''Assassin Honed'' or ''Lava Infused''

-Bow
-Heavy x bow
-Crossbow
-Composite

icq me to
621034498 or reply here if you have any , thanks :)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying these bows ''Assassin Honed'' or ''Lava Infused''

-Bow
-Heavy x bow
-Crossbow
-Composite

icq me to
621034498 or reply here if you have any , thanks :)
Ok question for you Quick since no one else I've asked seems to know. I'm assuming you've played with Searing weapons since your looking to buy more. Does the SEARING Mod take up one of the 5 imbuing slots if you imbue such a weapon? Also... on UO Guide it says..

Searing Weapon is an item property found on weapons fished up using a Lava Proof Hook. Weapons with this property are brittle and have 200 durability. It provides a 20% chance for melee weapons and 10% chance for ranged weapons to deal an additional fire damage to a target while inflicting 4 points of direct damage to the wielder. This property also induces -20 hit point regeneration penalty to the target in PvP and -60 hit point regeneration in PvM that lasts for 4 seconds. Each attack with a weapon with this property consumes 1 mana.
I see a 20% for a Melee weapon to deal AN additional.... An as in ONE (1) more fire dmg? I see the -20 hpr for 4 seconds is effectively -8 hitpoints of dmg but I was curious about the intial fire dmg tick Quantity... Thx in Advance & good luck finding more!

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see a 20% for a Melee weapon to deal AN additional.... An as in ONE (1) more fire dmg? I see the -20 hpr for 4 seconds is effectively -8 hitpoints of dmg but I was curious about the intial fire dmg tick Quantity... Thx in Advance & good luck finding more!
Its confused how UOguide says it ...
actually, when it procs ( it looked more like a 3-5% chance to proc on bow for me tho and not a 10%, would need to do more hits to cover a larger Rng because I've only shot like 250 bolts with crossbow, but I must say it did proc twice in a row at a time , so its all Rng I guess),
it adds (1) damage vs 70% fire resist player (much like another number like velocity above your normal damage number), and I tested around 50-60% fire resist it does (2) fire damage. And the other part when it procs is like you said -20 hp regen in pvp I dont know anything about pvm all my tests were pvp. It can be imbued and reforged (ive reforged one once not sure now if you can still). I dont know tho if it can be enhanced. I cant copy the bow on test because copy character is currently down :(
Conclusion in pvp ,''searing'' mod on bows is like having ''10% hit searing'' that does (1-2 dmg) + 8 damage over 4 seconds. Searing has like a weight of 50 because these weapons are only 500 weight comparing to 550 on exceptional bows so If you compare 50% hit lightning(140 weight) to ''Searing''(50 weight) , both does almost the same damage but the lightning proc 50% of the time and searing supposed to be 10%. On the other side searing dont count as a mod. If my further tests show that searing is like 5% proc it need to be boosted , its a bit too low.
searing should be like 15% proc in pvp and 30% in pvm

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I didn't receive any direct damage from the searing attack , as the attacker, like uoguide seems to pretend. But I wont complain about that one :p (Actually no number shown on screen but I didnt check my status bar hp numbers, maybe it drop by 4 there and doesnt show on screen) More testings to come !

Last edited:

I Love Girls

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and Ill buy the other heavy x bow and composite, Ill also buy the regular bow icq 203031413 btw Im paying well :D