• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

What's happening in Europa?
There a very much lag. The char stop and then continue to walk.
What's happening?????

G

<blockquote><hr>

What's happening in Europa?
There a very much lag. The char stop and then continue to walk.
What's happening?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that normal? It's when it doesn't lag that you want to worry!

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had excessive lag tonight too
It was the same for me .. a few steps and stop ... a few steps and stop

Edited to add this:
My ping has been 3 times the norm. Usually it's around 40 and now every time I check it's close to 120.

It seems to even affect me when moving things from my bank box to my backpack and the other way around. I was picking up gold from the ground tonight and sometimes it would just drop back to the ground. Anyway I've just noticed these things when the terrible lag started.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My turn I guess. I've got it tonight - move a few steps and freeze solid for few secs. Far to long to do anything exciting as that would inevitably mean a few sessions of OoOOo ooO.

G

me too
I did a trace. I've got up to 25% packet loss on the penultimate EA server and my ping on the last two is around 85 instead of the 20 - 35 it normally is.

My ping to Siege is only 112!

G

This has been going on for 3 days for me now.
My usual ping to europa is around the 12-15 range, at the moment its 85+.
I was thinking it was my internet connection, but i went on chessy earlier and i dont have any problems with freezes or the like.
Perhaps the hamsters are tired and in need of a much needed break?

G

Lovely, im now getting 50% packet loss.
Doubt i'll be doing any serious hunting tonight.

I

imported_Stomp

I have had this for a couple of weeks now - 6pm to 11pm I get bad lag. Tonight is worse than usual though, like wading through treacle

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too.

I had the great idea to do some hunting. Needless to say, it was nearly impossible..

G

I thought stealthing around the labyrinth for those shiny minotaur arties may have been a good idea....seems i was wrong, taking 3 steps and freezing, then unfreezing and being on top of a scout isn't good for the old heart if you get my meaning.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My turn again tonight, only problem is it's a damn sight worse. Was fine this morning but this evening its take 3 steps and stand motionless for maybe 20 secs so once again it's TV time.

F

frodofeet

Yeah getting worse for me now too... oh well time to find out what's on the telly

G

Ah this reminds me of the days of 28k
This is so bad, but i must carry on,im not ready to face real life yet!

I

imported_Daelomin

Been like this since new year...

Continuesly getting off synch with server (wrong position) and lagspikes...
The connection to Europa is prolly as its worst ever... Seems to be the same for every people I talked to.

F

frodofeet

Lagging again for me now. Was fine earlier on today, seems to have got worse in the last hour or two. Generally I've been okay since new year, the lag only started for me about a few days ago.

G

Just out of curiosity, has EA been made aware of this?
I know i haven't made a bug report or the like (lazy i know) just wondering if anyone else has?

G

hmm not so bad for me, last couple of days I've been pinging 27-32ms. though normally its around the low 20's.

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

hmm not so bad for me, last couple of days I've been pinging 27-32ms. though normally its around the low 20's.

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue isn't ping as far as I can see. I have a 20 meg con, high end PC and a health latency. The issue is packet loss methinks. And it's proving to be a killer - literally. I died today as I lost a few packets of data mid fight. :-/

G

did you look under your runebooks/spellbook? sometimes the packets hide there after you die *nods surly to himself*