• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady Dawn Crowned Queen

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long Live the Queen
Start Date: September 8, 2009
End Date: To Be Determined
Additional Information
Let it be known upon every isle of the Great and Illustrious Kingdom of Britannia that our own shining jewel, that radiant Star of Hope, our own Lady Dawn has been crowned Queen of the Realm by the common consent of Her people.

In turn, let the works of Casca – the usurper, the murderer, the fraud and betrayer – be forgotten and driven into the dust beneath our heels even as we turn our eyes towards our new Queen.

The False King is dead. Long Live the Queen!

Sherry the Mouse

-Sherry the Mouse
new fiction out on uoherald

S

Seasseragh

"In turn, let the works of Casca – the usurper, the murderer, the fraud and betrayer – be forgotten..."

Isn´t there a saying that those that forget history are bound to repeat it...?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I am very rarely in game but when did this happen?
It hasn't, yet - but
during today's downtime, I visited Chessy and their event announcement system was telling of an upcoming meeting between Dawn and Casca on Thursday forthem, so I'd guess something similar is coming for us!

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed feelings on Dawn becoming queen. I realise that Lord British cannot be used in UO as Richard Garriot owns the name. But he has been a fundimental part of Ultima and to finally accept him as gone for good in UO is to say goodbye. I cannot think of anyone better to rule than Dawn if a new ruler had to be choosen, although would have prefered a new council appointed which is what Lord British had set up for us than to replace our king. My loyalties will always remain with Lord British and would expect Dawn to offer to step down if he ever returns (which I know will never happen) but it would be nice for her to offer.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have accepted that Lord British aint coming back and as I have long thought that Sosaria needs a ruler, for me, Dawn is a perfectly acceptable choice.

This is a Kingdom and desperately needs a leader - I would have followed Casca if he had been a true King although I always had some reservations about him.

I have no such reservations about Dawn, she is one of the 8 Companions and has her rightful place in the history of this realm. Lord British has no bloodline descendants so who better than a Companion to fill the void.

The realm was in peril from malign influences from both the Shadowlords and the Crimson Dragons and once more cometh the hour, cometh the man, or woman in this case.

She has already exhibited some of the necessary qualities of a ruler, to fight the Crimsons and the Shadowlords, Dawn called and the people answered; no shrinking violet this, Dawn led and the people followed. Not a General plotting strategy behind the lines but out in front, LEADING.

A Council is all very well but can be divided and is unlikely to be leading the army if occasion demands.

Whether she will be a great leader is something for the future but i am satisfied she is a GOOD one and possesses the virtues.

For myself I now bend the knee and acknowledge Dawn as my liege lord to be served and followed even unto death.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh hm... I see I have been away in far away lands too long. So what happened to Lord British?

And I take it Lady.. sorry Queen Dawn is of good character since she was choosen by the people?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh hm... I see I have been away in far away lands too long. So what happened to Lord British?
Lord British left for the Ethereal Void in 2003, bringing a collection of Shards of the Gem of Immortality with him for safekeeping.

An IC way to justify the fact that the character needed to be retired since Richard Garriot had left EA for another company ;)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit it would lbe nice to see this part of the fiction as an event rather than just a story. Even if its just to see that throne sitting Casca removed as we have been after him for such a long time.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord British left for the Ethereal Void in 2003, bringing a collection of Shards of the Gem of Immortality with him for safekeeping.
QUOTE]

Thanks. I have some reading to do I see. I hope I can find recent lore and history on UO Herald. :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must admit it would lbe nice to see this part of the fiction as an event rather than just a story. Even if its just to see that throne sitting Casca removed as we have been after him for such a long time.
Yes, an in game event would be really nice. :)

I still have pictures from some event... large dinner at the castle... where Lord British were present. :)

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTEI still have pictures from some event... large dinner at the castle... where Lord British were present. :)
][/QUOTE]

I still have a roast pig from that last dinner, I suddenly realised it was faceing south rather than the normal east and was screaming at guild mates dont eat them all get me one. Now the fact it was from that last dinner is more important to me than which way it faces.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTEI still have pictures from some event... large dinner at the castle... where Lord British were present. :)
]
I still have a roast pig from that last dinner, I suddenly realised it was faceing south rather than the normal east and was screaming at guild mates dont eat them all get me one. Now the fact it was from that last dinner is more important to me than which way it faces.[/QUOTE]

Ohh.. this is why I have a roast pig in my bank! I was wondering hehee...
I have certainly picked it up from the dinner at Castle British.
Mine is south facing too. Or rather it has it's nose pointing north. :D