• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lady Darlene

P

PingThing

It is with a heavy heart I tell you all that Legend's Angel has spread her wings.
She passed in her sleep this morning. Please recall all the love and laughter she shared with us. Reach out to the ones you love and hold them today.

May our newest Angel watch over us all.

Peace
Ping

G

gandolfofaol

The world has lost a truely good person. My condolences to her RL family and friends as well as her in game friends.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was a Special Lady and I will miss her friendship. My condolences to her family and the rest of her Legends family. Loved and respected it was an Honor to know her and be called Friend by her. Until we meet again Dear Lady.

*bows head and remembers*

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*bows head* :( :( :( :(

May I suggest that someone put a post in the memorial forum for her? I think that would be very nice.

N

NewThunder

Dar was an amazing person. All those hours spent with her waiting for houses to fall. She made playing this game so much fun. Even these past weeks when I get home from work the first thing I do is check my ICQ's to see if she is on. Even though she had not been feeling well all summer she always asked me how I was feeling with my Back/leg issues, always encouraging me that things would get better. I have often stated this game is not about the pixels it is about the people, this is a great loss to the legends community.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*bows head and has a moment of silence*

Peace to you, Dar...May your cloud be the fluffiest!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My condolences to her real life family and her game family as well. I will miss her greatly, she always made me laugh. She was truely a special person and Legends will not be the same without her. I am deeply saddened by the news, but I am glad she is not suffering anymore. She was a Lady in every sense of the word, and now she can paint the heavens pink instead of Luna bank.

Lady Phoenix, Darlene you will be missed, but your name and legacy will live on, and people will always speak fondly of you and the goodness you spread while you were here. We should all strive to be as graceful and as wonderful as you.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*throws up the peace sign and bows head*

She will be missed. She was an awesome lady. May your cloud be the fluffiest and the pinkest.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rest well, Ghostie

edit......took a bit to find this, wanted to be sure I had the words exactly right

Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all.
If you can only remember me with tears, then don't remember me at all

D

DebconLady

That's My Girl!!!

There is truly an Angel In Heaven!!

May God Bless You! We Love You!

S

Sorcon Gartius

Truly a sad day for us all, my heaven embrace her for eternity as we did for all the years we had her.

Farewell Lady Phoenix...

:sad4:

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I am so sadden by this news, and to receive it a day later makes me feel even worse. Unforchantly I never got a chance to call her or talk to her since she's been in the hospital cause life continues to throw curve balls Dai's and mine ways. I will be there for the memorial net tossing and will be bringing 25 of my own nets (8 of them being Fabled) for the event. It hurts deep down inside knowning that when I log on ICQ/AIM that she won't be there. We would stay up at all hours of the night talking about this and that, she was always there for me when I needed help or guidance. I will miss her more then she will ever know, and had as much love for her as I do for my own mother, which is why I wrote for her this poem.......

Darlene
By: Michael T. Gray (AKA Tovladian Soltyr)

I sit here with tears in my eyes and my hands all ah shake.
Will this pain pass, can my wound heal, what will it take?
She was my second mother, receiving an equal amount of love.
My face baring sadness as her soul drifts above.

In a world of pixels she was our Lady Phoenix.
Of our foundation she was the bricks.
She always seem to have a way to make you feel good.
No matter how down your spirits, lift them she could.

She was organization in our little realm of chaos.
It was always so fun going to her games of Net Toss.
She was the kind of person you couldn't help but to love her.
She had a level of kindness that was a whole nother caliber.

My heart weighs heavy as I write.
If she were here, she would probably say “Don't worry, it will be alright.”
She will be remembered and further more missed.
To carry on with our fun she would insist.

However Every time that I throw a net.
You can collect all your money and you can bet.
For now she shall not be around and stay unseen.
She will always be my second mother, my loving Darlene.

Rest in peace our Lady Phoenix, may your soul stay strong and watch over us like I know it will.

B

BardMal

I "knew" her as "Sue"; as much as anyone can know someone- by their actions and their treatment of others.

She was close with my friend Plucky, our friend Aya, and Ally, my mate.

I never knew her to complain about things in game.

I knew she went way out of her way in time and effort to do "little things" that mean so much to me, and many others.

I think, perhaps the highest achievement a person can attain, is that others are blessed by that person's existence.

Lady Pheonix didn't just bless those in her presence, her blessings trickled through and have been bestowed upon others who may forever be unaware of their source.

I know of no higher achievement one can attain, than to be the source of an anonymous blessing to others. This is our Lady Phoenix, may her spirit live on in each of us.

May she be greeted at the gates by a throng of friends; may her cheeks be damp with the kisses of love; may the memory of her presence wash away the sorrow of her departure.

Much love and respect to her family and friends;
Malice en Loki
Bard of Legends

A

Arsenik

I cant believe it happened. I know I havent played on Legends for quite some time, but Pho and I always managed to stay in contact over ICQ.

I remember giving her a hard time about alot of the junk of the time that was filled in her castle, and actually sitting there with her and sending her 60 snowmen, etc to auction. Which allowed her to get the storage to make her castle into the museum it is now.

Was always a blast to have her at the T*T auctions, she would show up every auction and sit in the same place, and always be 10-15 minutes earlier. If she happened to be late or something there wasnt a person in the crowd that didnt notice it.

Pho was always there if you needed her. She never asked for anything in return but to be kind to others. My Lady Ai'Neenuvar still has the ancient sammy helm she gave the char when I redid the char to make sure it would be ready come the return of T*T.

Pho you will be so missed by Terra, Alylea and Myself, we all play on Great Lakes, but you still made that much of an impact you will never be forgotten.

Until we meet again Pho, you will greatly be missed.

Lord Arsenik Drakken,
T*T Staff Member
Legends Player
Friend

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With A heavy heart I say "til we meet again". ::Raise a Glass in honor::

i knew many of her alias only recently learn she was Sue. She was probably the Brightest star on legends. She could make ya smile when you were down.

i have lots of good memories. i Believe we all do. To know her was to love her.

Luc of Legends

D

Darri Lien

I havnt been ingame much, but Ive kept in touch and kept up on things. Darlene has been in my prayers for some time now, and I just found out tonight when I got home from work, of her passing. My deepest sympathies to her family, and to all the friends on Legends. We meet so many aquaintances in our lifetime, and make a handful of true friends, and even fewer people that truly and honestly touch our lives. Darlene touched mine, and so many others. Its so rare to find those that are so genuinely kind and generous, as much as she was. Its with a sad heart and much love I say good bye Darlene. I know she is in better place and Im sure all too happy to be the Angel there that she's always been here, to us.

You will always be remembered Darlene.

Quiet Angel
(A dedication to Darlene)

Show her your Honesty
She will smile and give you her Trust
Show her your Sorrow
She will smile and give you her Laugh
Show her your Pain
She will smile and give you her Joy
Show her your Hate
She will smile and give you her Love
Show her your Grief
She will smile and give you her Spirit
Show her your Emptiness
She will smile and give you her Life
Show her Death
She will smile and be your Angel

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow :( :sad4: May she rest with the Lord and always be remembered on Legends and in UO as one of the great ones.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not even know where to begin with my thoughts on this.

I think I will with where this all began with me.

I started this game at a time in my life when I was in a relationship at a point I was confused on it and I was heavily addicted to painkillers.

UO was an escape for me and at first I played it for the reasons everyone does and that is the sense of accomplishment and the cool things and you could achieve in it.

I had a hiatus and started to play allot more after I got off the painkillers and after my relationship ended and I was starting to care for my 85 year old grandfather whom was in failing health and had dementia.

At that time I had a few Friends in game but only one person up to that point I would have considered a rl Friend in Taboo Treats.

Since I was totally housebound caring for my grandfather I played allot and during that time I created my IDOC guild FAL.

During this time I made some mistakes like any gm did but I came to quickly realize the best way for me to make my guild successful at our play style was to recruit and play with only players that were longtime Legends veterans or those that had a ton of in game wealth prior to joining my guild so the risk of them betraying or stealing from my guild or its members was minimal.

Doing that though did something else. I would consider myself one of the luckiest gamers ever to play any role playing game because of that one decision. I happened to get what I consider the most loving loyal trustworthy passionate and compassionate players that were either directly in my guild or were close allies to it bye there associations of cross guilded players.

I have not been the easiest player to deal with and I have progressively gotten worse as I have scene the game I originally started playing for its content deteriorate and I diverted my position to playing the game soley for the wonderful loyal honorable people that honored me enough to take the time to call me a rl Friend and chose to spend there gametime calling me a leader. I know this has made me hard to deal with for anyone not in my inner circle and especially hard for those in opposing guilds and for that I apologize.

As many of you might have noticed I have not been scene really since I and others organized that Picture for Darlene a few months ago. I have been in shock really and wanted everyone to know I am doing ok and everything in my rl besides losing Dar is well and if anything between work and my new gf and my job I haven't been around at all.

Darlene to me is irreplaceable as a Friend and as a member of FAL and I will never forget her and hope that just maybe her kindness and willingness to see the good in everyone and love them regardless of there faults will be a way I can honor her. I knew awhile ago she was in failing health and thought that mourning her then would help soften the news when I heard she passed but it didn't.

She is the best example of what I got from this game as far as someone I would call a rl Friend and whom I loved for it and whom gave to me and my guild a part of herself and did so without any thoughts of reciprocation. Everyone that is or has been a member of my guild for any lengths knows me and knows I know there hearts well eneough to know they truly do consider me someone they could call in rl and really count on me as a true close Friend because of the fact everyone of them has extended me the same.

So I hope that clears up why I got heated allot is for the fact I was playing soley for the passion of pleasing and helping rl Friends and sorry again if any of you were victims of my wraith.

But I know I can say Darlene I love you and I miss you and I will try to be a better person just bye knowing you for the time I got to know you in you're mortal coil.

To all of my Friends on Legends and to anyone I have extended the invitation to become a member of Fal at any point that for me to do that means either I or someone I love has scene something in you that makes you a very special Friend and know I cannot thank all of you enough for how everyone on Legends had opened there hearts to help Darlene in her last days and to help grant her last wish that would have never been accomplished without all of you.

To my guild members presently and to those that are no longer playing I have almost all of you're email Addie's and aims and I will be in touch and know all of you have been some of my rl best Friends over that last four years and I cannot thank you enough for that and you're friendships and know no matter if I play again or not that you all might be subjected to rl visits from me because as my life progresses out of the online gaming world I hope our friendships dont degenerate with that fact.

So to Jade (kerri) New Thunder (five) Mal and Ally (of Jump gate) Nystul and his brother, Tori and Bam,Viper and his family Max, Marty (La),Fried Eggs, Taboo Treats, Leaf,Lord Bud Smoker, Fuzzy Bunny, Sandman (soul takers rl brother) and yes even Omnicron all of you for you're passion and friendships and know I will never forget any of you and know I will stay in touch with all of you and thank all of you for making Fal one of the best guilds to ever play on Legends. For anyone in FAL whom I forgot give me a aim and I will reprise my list since my mind has been wreaked and if I forgot you I am terribly sorry.

I Love You Darlene and sweet Angel you will always be missed and remembered.
:sad4:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A tear and a quiet goodbye. There are not many people I like or get along with and even fewer that like me and get along with me. Darlene seemed to be able to get along with about anyone including even the hermit of wind... Maybe someday in another world we can finish the conversation that I came back too late to finish :( A year away from the world is not that long, until you look at not the things you missed but the people behind the pixels.
Sound slike alot of rambling but those who know me know of what I speak and with luck Dar will know she will be missed by yet one more person that she touched on Legends.