ladder outside keep & questions

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Maggie

I ve been decorating my keep and getting ideas from this forum. This is a great place. Thanks for all the Pics and ideas.

I saw a pic with a ladder on the steps of a keep. I m pretty sure that a while back I saw directions but I cant find them now that I m ready to decorate. The further back I go the more posts I see about placement in keeps castles or near doors is messed up. I think I remember something along the lines of place goza raise it place ladder on top. Is that right? If so why cant I play goza on my steps? is it cause im too green or cause there is some problem placing? reading back I see there was a problem placing near doors. Is that still an issue? Do I have to be in the old client? Thanks for help.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Stand where you want the ladder to be. Double click a square goza mat and target yourself (or your health bar). This makes the goza drop to your feet. Now raise it three times and place a north castle style ladder on top, chop the goza mat. You have to step on the stairs before you can use the ladder, but it should work. :)

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 19, 2008
I have a question.. Can you actually use the ladder to get to the second floor?

M

Maggie

Thank You Sarsmi!

Oh my. It looks a little goofy maybe but I love going straight to the roof.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 19, 2008
Thanks! Omg a pink soul forge!!! That is so freaking cute!

L

Luke Carjacker

I was able to follow these instructions to get a ladder placed in the front of my castle, but I'm not able to use the ladder to enter the second floor. I can get on the ladder & walk up, but when I get to the top I just fall back down. Do I need to do anything else? The steps I took were used square goza, targeted myself, raised it 3 times using interior decorator, placed north facing Castle ladder on mat. Then I tried entering both with & without the mat in place, but I just fall off the top.

Thanks for any assistance.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
Luke, there is an issue I just read about with heritage ladders - see if you can grab yours without redeeding it (that might be the problem).

The thread about it and fix is here.

Actually, it seems if you redeed the ladder, place a South or East facing ladder of either type and redeed that, it will fix the ladder for the next use (you can tell if the ladder is broken or not by whether the deed has a "Blessed" tag on it or not.. "Blessed" is what it should be and will make a working ladder). South and East facings seem to not be causing the problem, only north and west, and only after they've been placed and redeeded.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2008
Michigan
Has anyone tried this lately? I get a message saying can not place a multi-tile add on that location. When trying to place a goza mat at the door by clicking on my self.

Y

Yen Sid

Has anyone tried this lately? I get a message saying can not place a multi-tile add on that location. When trying to place a goza mat at the door by clicking on my self.
I have not tried it lately and by the sounds of it I shouldn't remove mine to try lol. Which goza are you using? I believe you have to use the single tile one, not the 2 tile one.

J

[JD]

Has to be out of special wood and then you can dye the deed with natural dyes.
what special wood?

btw to answer other question i placed one at my keep a week ago. single tile goza. place goza on steps, raise 3 times with decorator tool, place castle ladder.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 25, 2001
Austin baby!
what special wood?

btw to answer other question i placed one at my keep a week ago. single tile goza. place goza on steps, raise 3 times with decorator tool, place castle ladder.
Any special wood: oak, ash, etc. If you make something out of special wood then use the deed it can no longer be dyed. So what I usually do is make the item out of plain wood, place it and see if I can use it, then make it out of oak and dye it.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 24, 2008
Michigan
I have not tried it lately and by the sounds of it I shouldn't remove mine to try lol. Which goza are you using? I believe you have to use the single tile one, not the 2 tile one.
Will check to see which one I was using, and verify.

O

Omega9

I did did this recently at my Keep just outside Vesper Fel. (Pac).

It took quite a few tries but I got the ladder where I wanted in the end.

The method I used was to place a square Goza mat on the step where you want the ladder. You do get "cannot place next to door or stairway" messages if you target yourself. I found though, if you stand on the right edge of your outer steps, then take one step to your left and target the goza on a spot not quite on the far right edge of the step nor on the ground, the mat will appear on the far right of the steps. It does take a few tries.

Once the goza is placed use your Decorator Tool to raise it up once, then try to place the ladder on top of the mat. Again, it may take a few tries so have patience.

Once the ladder is placed axe the mat. Viola!

Hope this helps.

btw is was in 2D client.