• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lack of discussion rather major Faction additions

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If bards were enhanced so they had more PVP capabilities, then more players would bring them on to the battlefield. I don't understand why Discordance can't be made to work on players. Why couldn't they make target peacemake a debuff for damage. Perhaps even make it so provocation on a creature/summon can turn it on another player.

The problem is besides Discordance there is zero reason to bring a bard into battle. So there is no alternative path to countering a Greater Dragon than just taking it out. They could even make target Peacemaking a double-prong attack. Besides just the pacfism ability which gets broken easily, their could be a 25-50% damage debuff for 30 seconds on the target pet. That way it isn't useless to do.
With the possibilities created by mage weapons, it would be rather easy to make a discord/music mage. If I had an empty slot, I'd make one.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really simple. Give the populace incentives that ARE NOT ITEM BASED.
Simple, eh? Give me some ideas. Any ideas. I guarantee I can shoot holes in them.

My point being, they can never predict what certain changes will do, or what effect they will have. Whether it's item-based, skill-based, or just plain pixel crack. However, they SHOULD learn from their mistakes. Albeit, we've already witnessed what item-based additions mean. They didn't learn, after champ spawns were added (pre-AoS), and continue to add them.

Complexity theory at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.

S

Saleena

Simple logic for Super Dragons, take out the tamers duh! Discord Dan of Great Lakes, does a wonderful job at discording the dragons, that takes them right out of the fight and what a pain in the arse it is when your pet is discorded. Plus with all the uber fast people in game, most can outrun the dragons on foot.

I get so tired of people yapping about tamers in factions and stealth archers. It would be awful boring with just mages in factions, hum casting on a dead run, hitting your target off screen and I am not just talking about explosions either, oh yea my favorite evil omen para with efields for the win!
Yes Discording would take them out of the fight, but the majorty of tamers now have ninja so once their dragon gets discorded they can pop into wolf form run away from the fight log out then back in which then brings there dragon to them in a safe location. I just hate the fact of what the developers did with the super dragons, I really think it is hurting pvp. I never thought the day would come when you would have to play a discorder peacer to fight in fel:coco:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple logic for Super Dragons, take out the tamers duh! Discord Dan of Great Lakes, does a wonderful job at discording the dragons, that takes them right out of the fight and what a pain in the arse it is when your pet is discorded. Plus with all the uber fast people in game, most can outrun the dragons on foot.

I get so tired of people yapping about tamers in factions and stealth archers. It would be awful boring with just mages in factions, hum casting on a dead run, hitting your target off screen and I am not just talking about explosions either, oh yea my favorite evil omen para with efields for the win!
Thats utter bull****.. How hard is it to use a smoke bomb after u say all attack? or animal form away?

omen para is over powered.. ill give you that,, i would love to see that nerfed. People with resist should not be paralized for more than a sec like when you run into a para field. And unfortunately youare wrong about out runing dragons on foot. I'm sure people can just run straight away and they would be fine, but unfortunately the dragon moves and casts, bleeds, hits for 40 - 50 dmg and then fireballs for 60 - 70 dmg. On the move.. Now you try and be a mage and heal through that while running, oh yeah, and while there is archers moving shotting you, and dexers disarm spamming you. There is zero defense for this,, super drags are over powered beyond anything else in the game x 10.

And everyone is hit with the omen para, that is why people carry trapped boxes and that is why not many ppl get omen paraed anymore. E-fields are just funny, if you get pared its your own fault, whether its because u get omen paraed or if you don't have resist. To be honest if you don't have resist your gimp and deserve to get paraed and ganked.

As for bards, sure bards help but they do not take the drags out of the fight because tamers can just log in and out and save the drag. Same thing with discord.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragons could use some tweaking but they are not the powerhouses that people are making them out to be. The people complaining are just weak. We've had to fight a group with 6-8 players all using Greater Dragons and haven't had issues.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greater Dragons could use some tweaking but they are not the powerhouses that people are making them out to be. The people complaining are just weak. We've had to fight a group with 6-8 players all using Greater Dragons and haven't had issues.
Reading from previous posts - your in HOT right? Based on my experiences over the last few days on ATL your guild is the one that uses the super drags. At least every encounter I've had with that guild there has been at least one, usually more.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are one of the largest guilds so naturally we are going to have more tamers available than others. Lately COW has been fielding a lot of tamers so we have just been making a point to bring a lot as well. But we've been in situations with no Greater Dragons, fought them and won. If your first reaction to seeing a Greater Dragon is "that thing is overpowered, I'm leaving" then of course you are going to lose.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If 5 archers all hit the same person it is the same as 5 greater dragons.
If 5 Archers hit the same target it is the same as 2 greater dragons.. Insta- death.... 5 greater dragons is just more over kill...

Now,, I'm not trying to go off on a tangent here,, but archery weapons ARE over powered as well , being able to shoot as fast as a dagger is just silly. Being able to do that while moving is assinine. Archers are way over powered for sure, but if you are trying to say an archer can hit you for 90- 120 dmg in a second you are even more ******** than I thought. If a greater dragon melee hits you and fire balls you at same time its EASILY 90 dmg.. An archer can not drop 90 dmg in a second. An archer can drop 90 dmg in 3 or 4 seconds if you don't move and let them hit you 2 concs in a row but they most certainly can not INSTA KILL like a greater dragon, let alone 5... so plz.. don't give me this garbage.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure they will eventually nerf the Super Dragons. They might hit harder then any other pet in game, but they are dumb as heck and very slow. Don't say you can't outrun them on foot with archers on you, because I know better.

Archers aren't 1/2 as powerful as they were at one time. That is another nerf that the whiney mages managed to accomplish. I really wish one time they would nerf the mages, now that would be funny. :D

W

wee papa smurf

I am sure they will eventually nerf the Super Dragons. They might hit harder then any other pet in game, but they are dumb as heck and very slow. Don't say you can't outrun them on foot with archers on you, because I know better.

Archers aren't 1/2 as powerful as they were at one time. That is another nerf that the whiney mages managed to accomplish. I really wish one time they would nerf the mages, now that would be funny. :D

I remember the way archers used to be with there honor and lighting strikes!! But even though they were nerfed there still overpowered a bit, if running shot was taken out of the equasion then it would be a bit fairer! Some mages are really hard to hit so a good mage should be able to take out an archer 1v1

:thumbsup:

S

Saleena

If 5 Archers hit the same target it is the same as 2 greater dragons.. Insta- death.... 5 greater dragons is just more over kill...

Now,, I'm not trying to go off on a tangent here,, but archery weapons ARE over powered as well , being able to shoot as fast as a dagger is just silly. Being able to do that while moving is assinine. Archers are way over powered for sure, but if you are trying to say an archer can hit you for 90- 120 dmg in a second you are even more ******** than I thought. If a greater dragon melee hits you and fire balls you at same time its EASILY 90 dmg.. An archer can not drop 90 dmg in a second. An archer can drop 90 dmg in 3 or 4 seconds if you don't move and let them hit you 2 concs in a row but they most certainly can not INSTA KILL like a greater dragon, let alone 5... so plz.. don't give me this garbage.
You forgot Bleed and Curse!!:lick:

S

Saleena

I Don't think mages need to be nerfed, even though they somewhat did get nerfed with being able to disarm a spell book..There is just a difference between someone who can play a mage very well and someone who cant play a mage at all..there is so much you can do with a mage template now its just a matter of being smart about your template & your gear and when a good mage gets all his sh*t together they should be powerful!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mages are constantly nerfed.

Examples: lowered casting speed caps, can't be 4/6 chiv, can't toggle a special with a spell up, can't do special moves without tactics, book AND sheilds disarmable.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's simply incredible how fast tamers jump to say 'we got it bad' when you try and point out that super dragons are over powered. They have more hp than any 7 -8 ppl combined, they isnta kill, you can log in and out to save it, you can call it, and you can bola, animal form away and use smoke bombs. Seriously, someone give me a half decent argument.

Archers were not nerfed, they were fixed. They shot way to fast and hit way to hard and now they hit harder and a little slower but it is still too fast and too hard. The only advantage an archer should have is distance. It's silly as **** to see bows shooting that fast, or even on the run and hitting you every single time. There are just way to many dope bows out there to say archery isn't over powered.

As for mages, for once I agree with Tank here. They have been nerfed every time another skill has. The bottom line is a good mage is more skilled/talented than a player good at any other skill. Whether its dueling good, field fighitng good, healing good, or fielding good.. it just takes more skill. Most of the people who complain about mages (if not all) say that because they aren't good on one. You cannot say that for dexers or archers and you definitely can't say that for tamers. You couldn't say it when dragons and mares were the best pets and you definitely can't say it now that there are even more ridiculously harder pets out there....especially super dragons.

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in this thread:

people defend their grossly overpowered templates either in hopes of keeping them from getting nerfed or just being completely ignorant bad players

im actually working discord right now after being raided by more greater dragons than we had people.

theres a thin line between "adapting" and being a part of the problem

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your wrong Seleena, no one class should outpower another class.
I don't have the ablility to play a mage very well, so I chose to play my ninja stealth tamer and the dragon even outs the playing field against one. As far as a spellbook getting disarmed, that should of happened a long time ago. If you disarm a dexxer, they are pretty much screwed until they can rearm.

Sure I bola, all kill and stealth away. But you know what, I am playing this game the way I chose. Do I die, yes alot! Do I care what you or anyone else in this game thinks about me or my template, no I do not. Like Dubar said, adapt to the game, there are many options out there to counter the Super Dragons.

There is nothing like 6 super dragons going on a raid, GO TAMERS!

S

Saleena

Your wrong Seleena, no one class should outpower another class.
I don't have the ablility to play a mage very well, so I chose to play my ninja stealth tamer and the dragon even outs the playing field against one. As far as a spellbook getting disarmed, that should of happened a long time ago. If you disarm a dexxer, they are pretty much screwed until they can rearm.

Sure I bola, all kill and stealth away. But you know what, I am playing this game the way I chose. Do I die, yes alot! Do I care what you or anyone else in this game thinks about me or my template, no I do not. Like Dubar said, adapt to the game, there are many options out there to counter the Super Dragons.

There is nothing like 6 super dragons going on a raid, GO TAMERS!
Whoa! Easy there Killer Just Voicing my opinion like everyone else is. Like I said before I just dont think mages are overpowered espically compared to what they used to be able to do with the mage templates. And I'm sorry for the way you took what I had said the wrong way. I guess I will put it this way for you.. If you fight a mage that isn't very good you wouldn't say a thing about the mage template being nerfed. But if you take a very well seasoned mage that has all his/her sh*t together, and are good at what they do thats when people cry about the mage template being nerfed. The thing is in factions there are more good mages vs. bad mages. With that being said it is hard some people to play a mage, I personally do not play a mage myself because i find it way to complicated. Last time i tried to pvp with a mage I eneded up trying to heal the other person and cast on myself.:thumbup: So all and all I have alot of respect for the mages that play that are good at what they do.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Now,, I'm not trying to go off on a tangent here,, but archery weapons ARE over powered as well
Why stop? You already started about the Greater Dragons in a topic about Faction changes. Now that the discussion doesn't go your way you want to act like you didn't bring the split about in the first place. I went back to make sure and in fact you are the one who brought the whole "tamers are ruining PVP, wah wah" in here.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why stop? You already started about the Greater Dragons in a topic about Faction changes. Now that the discussion doesn't go your way you want to act like you didn't bring the split about in the first place. I went back to make sure and in fact you are the one who brought the whole "tamers are ruining PVP, wah wah" in here.

Your guild depends solely on greater dragons. Every time I fight your guild at your castle they don't leave the houses until you have at least 2x the numbers and 1 greater dragon.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Let's not get personal here...

S

Saleena

Ok Seeing there is so much conversation about the new super dragons and tamer templates.. Lets just take a vote to see what everyone thinks!

1. Are super Dragons over powered?

2. Are the new super dragons ruining pvp and or factions?

I vote yes and yes!!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
On Siege. Yes to both

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your guild depends solely on greater dragons. Every time I fight your guild at your castle they don't leave the houses until you have at least 2x the numbers and 1 greater dragon.
That is funny because last night at some points 0 tamers with us. At others we had 1. We were also hopelessly outnumbered by 3 guilds. I am not going to be bother uploading the video because it only caught a little of the fighting. There will be some more soon.

I don't even know why this is coming up in a topic that has nothing to do with the Atlantic Shard, the HOT Guild or even Greater Dragons.

Cardell said:
wah wah wah wah wah wah wah
This topic is supposed to be about Factions, not a guild dominating the PVP on the largest UO server. It is quite clear that you are both upset about said guild calling the shots. It must be infuriating, but lets try to talk about Factions a little more.

W

wee papa smurf

Ok Seeing there is so much conversation about the new super dragons and tamer templates.. Lets just take a vote to see what everyone thinks!

1. Are super Dragons over powered?

2. Are the new super dragons ruining pvp and or factions?

I vote yes and yes!!

Yeah, Yeah

:thumbup1:

S

Saleena

With all that being Said I believe that would be majorty rule. Unless someone wants to defend their uber mad tamer skills..

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all that being Said I believe that would be majorty rule. Unless someone wants to defend their uber mad tamer skills..

LOL to funny, majority rules with 3 people posting on the boards.

Of course, I will defend my mad tamer skills, it took me longer to make my Tamer and train up the dragon, then it did for the any mage to train skill and buy up their suits. If anyone who made a Tamer and did not use a character advance tokens or Ittps, should know this.

I will continue to play my Mad Tamer and use my Super Dragon, especially now just to aggravate the daylights out of ya :stir:. If they chose to nerf the Super Dragon, so be it! My Tamer has survived all the major nerfs, starting with Publish 16.

S

Saleena

Of course, I will defend my mad tamer skills, it took me longer to make my Tamer and train up the dragon, then it did for the any mage to train skill and buy up their suits. If anyone who made a Tamer and did not use a character advance tokens or Ittps, should know this.

I will continue to play my Mad Tamer and use my Super Dragon, especially now just to aggravate the daylights out of ya :stir:. If they chose to nerf the Super Dragon, so be it! My Tamer has survived all the major nerfs, starting with Publish 16.

Count Again....:dunce:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opps my bad, I forgot to count you Seleena :), how could I ever forget about you!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes! Being a Floridian I'd be remiss if I didn't demand a recount!

I vote yes on both.

As a side note... I don't know about those mage "nerfs". First, how can you call the fc a nerf, when they gave it to them in the first place? Make them more powerful, then tone it back a bit. That is not a nerf. The spell book disarm...my memory is hazy, but I could have sworn I remembered disarming spell books a couple years back. Not sure on this, though. Mages are the most versatile character, with the ability to NEVER miss a hit.

"Oh my god! That warrior is about to swing his sword at me!" *takes one step over* "HAH!" *Takes another step over* "Can't hit me?"

You guys want to balance PvP? 225 stat cap, 100 cap on each stat. Item stat bonuses and pots would fall in that cap. Go back to pure templates, and it'll balance.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a side note... I don't know about those mage "nerfs". First, how can you call the fc a nerf, when they gave it to them in the first place? Make them more powerful, then tone it back a bit. That is not a nerf.
Isn't that exactly what a nerf is?

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk just wants tamers nerfed cuz my mare steals all his kills :p

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My impression on the general definition of nerf is, "downgrade." I see what happened to mages as a "light" version of their upgraded version.

They come out with ICQ 5. They make their "lite" version. That isn't a downgrade.

If your definition of "nerf" falls along the lines that you speak of, then just about every template has been "nerfed" far more then magery. I don't see it that way, however.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes! Being a Floridian I'd be remiss if I didn't demand a recount!

I vote yes on both.

As a side note... I don't know about those mage "nerfs". First, how can you call the fc a nerf, when they gave it to them in the first place? Make them more powerful, then tone it back a bit. That is not a nerf. The spell book disarm...my memory is hazy, but I could have sworn I remembered disarming spell books a couple years back. Not sure on this, though. Mages are the most versatile character, with the ability to NEVER miss a hit.

"Oh my god! That warrior is about to swing his sword at me!" *takes one step over* "HAH!" *Takes another step over* "Can't hit me?"

You guys want to balance PvP? 225 stat cap, 100 cap on each stat. Item stat bonuses and pots would fall in that cap. Go back to pure templates, and it'll balance.
They didn't give the FC to mages. They gave it to all casters. It was the start of AoS. The realized it was over powered and nerfed.

Thats nerf.

As for hitting every time, duel Abdu or Cal or Eckz, see how many of your spells get off. A dexer can swing non stop, they may not hit all the time but they keep swinging. A mage has mana and has to cast and stand still while dexers with jacked weapons bleed, disarm, switch weap, conc, conc.

I'm gonna have to say you just did it wrong then. I made my tamer and all of my pets in all of 2 weeks...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My impression on the general definition of nerf is, "downgrade." I see what happened to mages as a "light" version of their upgraded version.

They come out with ICQ 5. They make their "lite" version. That isn't a downgrade.

If your definition of "nerf" falls along the lines that you speak of, then just about every template has been "nerfed" far more then magery. I don't see it that way, however.
lol

Something is really strong. They make it weaker. That's being downgraded, thus being a nerf.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have to fall asleep or lag out to let a warrior kill you, even if you have 0 dci and 0 parry. A warrior cant touch me 3/4 of the time, even if I get on foot and walk. If I use my shield and mirror image, too, they'd be hard-pressed to get me below 100 hp.

S

Saleena

You have to fall asleep or lag out to let a warrior kill you, even if you have 0 dci and 0 parry. A warrior cant touch me 3/4 of the time, even if I get on foot and walk. If I use my shield and mirror image, too, they'd be hard-pressed to get me below 100 hp.

Although you are hard to hit I will give you that..I would be intrested in seeing you stay alive fighting on foot with one of the beter dexxers out there. As for the 0 dci an 0 parry I think Warriors are a little more powerful then what you are thinking they are. By the way how is your fishy!rolleyes:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude. You're just plain off on this. Maybe you just aren't fighting the right people. Kahlan Rahl, Butcher, Deception, Rufus, Saint of Killers, Four Six Dexxer, Chazmo, ReBaRb, Lex.... OMG I can go on and on of the dexers that it feels like they don't EVER miss me. And I have 49 Defense 119 Magery with mage weap one. With 0 Parry and 0 Defense NO ONE can stand next to a dexer. Yes you can mirror image and that is just another defense against dexers that most people don't have.

Oh yeah, and most dexers now a day bleed and disarm first, so if they aren't hitting you the bleed is, and if you are disarmed they are definitely hitting you.

You're just way off on this.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to say you just did it wrong then. I made my tamer and all of my pets in all of 2 weeks...
Thank you Anthius, you made my point for me :). My tamer is 7 years old, and back in the day the gains were not as easy as they are now. Like I said, Advance Character tokens and items anyone can be a tamer.

Shame on you Joo for stealing Lynks kills with your mare! LOL

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Anthius, you made my point for me :). My tamer is 7 years old, and back in the day the gains were not as easy as they are now. Like I said, Advance Character tokens and items anyone can be a tamer.

Shame on you Joo for stealing Lynks kills with your mare! LOL
I'm still not sure what point you are making.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're just way off on this.
It's real simple logic, really. You see (well, apparently you don't so let me spell it out), a melee has to be within 1 tile of you to hit you. This means if you start moving away from them while 2 tiles away, they can't hit you. See, all mounts and animal forms move at the same speed. It's easier on speedhackers, because you only have to walk in a rectangle pattern with the occasional criss-cross or figure-eight to avoid them, as their speeding makes it harder for them to react in direction-changing situations.

Admittedly I fell to a melee today. Added him to my little list. Why? I fell asleep. Literally. My client crashed as I was standing still snooping his pack. Until then, I just walked (not ran) in circles around a tombstone. I think he landed 1 hit until I crashed. Not sure if I had my shield up or not.

Edit:
... NO ONE can stand next to a dexer.
Ahhh, I see. My whole point was that if you simply move, you don't have to stand next to them. They're the only template that has to stand next to their enemy to kill with. Go to cast a spell, get fizzled, low on health? Run. Unless you lag, you live.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still not sure what point you are making.

Dang, 2nd time I screwed up posting on this, first I missed Seleena vote and now i was off on my reply to you. Disregard my post LOL!

But it is great that you managed to get all your taming skills and pets within 2 weeks!

Nonel, still waiting to see what happens next since Fuel, George and Gracie blew up your house!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's real simple logic, really. You see (well, apparently you don't so let me spell it out), a melee has to be within 1 tile of you to hit you. This means if you start moving away from them while 2 tiles away, they can't hit you. See, all mounts and animal forms move at the same speed. It's easier on speedhackers, because you only have to walk in a rectangle pattern with the occasional criss-cross or figure-eight to avoid them, as their speeding makes it harder for them to react in direction-changing situations.

Admittedly I fell to a melee today. Added him to my little list. Why? I fell asleep. Literally. My client crashed as I was standing still snooping his pack. Until then, I just walked (not ran) in circles around a tombstone. I think he landed 1 hit until I crashed. Not sure if I had my shield up or not.

Edit:

Ahhh, I see. My whole point was that if you simply move, you don't have to stand next to them. They're the only template that has to stand next to their enemy to kill with. Go to cast a spell, get fizzled, low on health? Run. Unless you lag, you live.
Dexers don't have it bad. They have weapons that never miss (hci and ldc), and they hit hard, and usually have hit spell so you fizzle. And yes I can run if I get low, but I do have to stop and heal. When I do stop to heal,, they usually do hit me. Most of the time I stay alive against dexers is because I carry a ton of pots. Most of the dexers these days either carry a weapon to para and then dismount there enemies, in which case they disarm and chase their target down on foot. Spamming disarm, bleed, mortal, conc what ever.. Dexers are just fine. There advantage is swing speed, damage, all there specials, and there weakness is distance. That's how it always has been.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here I thought we were arguing.

Right. Than archers have all that, plus velocity, balance, moving shot, AND the range of a mage. It is hilarious, isn't it?

I say again. 225 total stat cap, 100 max for each stat. Obviously there'd be some kinks with that to work out, but the general idea (imho) works. No more dexxer mages that lose their main disadvantage (easy to hit). No more warriors and archers with super mana-banks, allowing them to do 6 specials back-to-back while casting bush and chiv spells, and 4s weapons swinging/shooting at the minimum swing speed. In essence, going back to "pure" templates. Maybe go 255 cap, with 100 max in each, but that's the most!

Gracie! I've been chugging the coffee and pre-writing. I've ran into many snags with the story, since so much changed for the month or so I didn't play. For example, I need to get with Smurf and figure out the future of his character, or whether he wants me to leave his character out all-together now that hes not MPR or TB.

I write the parts of these stories in sort of an episode-format. You'll notice they don't pick up where the previous part left off, so there won't be too much storyline elaborating on the whole "house blowing up" thing.

I've already written a fair bit of the next part, but it may still be a while before it posted. I want this one to be "epic".

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks at Nonel and taps toes*

Welcome back by the way ... now please get busy on that writing! Please :) ....

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here I thought we were arguing.

Gracie! I've been chugging the coffee and pre-writing. I've ran into many snags with the story, since so much changed for the month or so I didn't play. For example, I need to get with Smurf and figure out the future of his character, or whether he wants me to leave his character out all-together now that hes not MPR or TB.

I write the parts of these stories in sort of an episode-format. You'll notice they don't pick up where the previous part left off, so there won't be too much storyline elaborating on the whole "house blowing up" thing.

I've already written a fair bit of the next part, but it may still be a while before it posted. I want this one to be "epic".
But, but we blew up your house! LOL! For those that don't know, Nonel is writing a series of stories involving factions on Great Lakes, they are listed on the community news on Stratics! But we are soooo glad the mad bomber is back!