• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@Kyronix SOT/SOA/PS Books - Request

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The question below got buried in the new pub release post, but is valid request for a lot of players especially with the trader quests. Can we make the new books function within a characters pack or bank box just like BOD/rune books?

Or... allow us housing on multiple shards like the original UO days? Just a little 7x7 would be nice. :rolleyes:

"...Sinder Shayde said: Question, regarding the new power scroll books / alacrity and Transcendence books.....any chance we could add scrolls to them if in our bank box as well as locked down in a house? I do have chars who play many shards and not all of them have houses, so I find myself at times living out of my bank box....being able to add scrolls I earn would be great..."

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Backpacks, No. Banks, Yes. Allowing them to be used in backpacks would be unfair to fel players on risk v's reward during champ spawns and t-maps when attacked and being looted. Bank use would be awesome though.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldnt mind banks at all, but def not backpacks...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree and a resounding NO to having them work in backpacks... again I side with that being bad for Fel and champ spawns.... but working at the Bank would be just fine.

Though to all those who are talking about not being able to do things on another shard.. just get another account like everyone else and pay the monthly fee..... course you could do what some do and play the roulette with paying once every 3 months... but I wish there were some huge penalty for that. I pay for 9 accounts every month... that should earn me more than a wee vet reward or two every year IMO since I don't play the pay only 4X a year for a service I use 12 months of the year.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pay for 9 accounts every month... that should earn me more than a wee vet reward or two every year IMO
You mean like "earning" you the ability to play all of the characters on those accounts any day of the month?

IMO there is nothing wrong with those who pay every third month to keep an extra house. That is the way the rules are, and those people are playing/paying by the rules. Taking this option away would do nothing but cause people to never pay for those accounts that are only being used to hold extra houses. This would be a big reduction in revenue to UO. They may only pay every third month, but they only get FULL use of their accounts every third month. If you pay every month, you get FULL use of your account. Simple as that.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always found, that it is an unfriendly treatment, that so many gifts, rewards and store items can only be used if locked down in (own) house.
The current top in this context is the misbehavior of the Kings Collection items, which allows a coowner to place the things like paintings but requires the house owner to collect from them (and this account needs the Kings Collection entitlement too ... which is still not even available in German Origin store).
Or all the deeded items ... Why can a mining cart not work in bankbox or backpack? Why can woodworkers bench bonus not be available to crafters without a home? Why can the gadgetry table only deliver the golem to the house owner, not even to the reward owner, if he coowns the house?
Why has the ligthhouse to use the moving crate, instead of the ship owners bank or pack? And why it cannot be used without an own or coowned house on the shard again?
Only a few out of many such issues ...

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can the gadgetry table only deliver the golem to the house owner, not even to the reward owner, if he coowns the house?
You have to set security level to it. You can set security to anyone - then anyone can get a golem from it. By default it is set to house owner only, but the placer can change the security level.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good point on backpacks.... Scratch the backpack idea unless it is implemented like soulstone useage (minus any camp site abuse). I'm still ok with the extra house idea too... :lick:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to set security level to it. You can set security to anyone - then anyone can get a golem from it. By default it is set to house owner only, but the placer can change the security level.
The placer does not get any security dialog - I just demolished one as a coowner with an axe and placed it again.
Edit: But you are right, after moving to another house and trying there the house owner could set the security level.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My .02.

SOT/Alacrity/PS Books
* Work to add/remove while in bank box
* Allow you to price items and work on vendors like bod books

Bod Books
* Work in bank boxes
* Allow mass pricing for any selected filter
* Allow Alpha sort
* Work like SOT/Alacrity/PS books with 300 bods per lockdown

Now wouldn't we all enjoy this??? Now THAT would be some finally useful books.

Requiring a house to use these new books is stupid. I don't have a house on the 10 shards I play. They need to work in a bank box period.