• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kryss: 20 Splinter, 60 lightning, 20 hci, SC -1

Tier 5 Dog

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@BBear @Metal Head

Ok, so I'm guessing you are Luna/Stratics PvPers. Meaning you buy/trade and are actually not that great at PvP.

Let me explain how these templates work. Yes it is desirable to get a Mage Weap for a DP Mystic/DP any mage temp and preferably have have a weapon such as a skinning knife (with Infecting Strike as the primary ability) meaning you can use 70 weapon skill instead of 90.

Even with a mage weap you still need 70 weapon skill (0 tactics) to be able to use infecting strike, plus the fact you are using 20 skill points on your suit to accommodate the fact you have a mage weapon. 120 magery - 20 from the weap.

Thus for weapons that have their primary ability as infecting strike you are dedicating 70 raw weapon skill and 20+ skill to be able to use the special (total of 90 which isn't too bad) and in this case you would dedicate 90 + 20 to be able to use the special (as infecting strike is the secondary ability on the kryss.)

If you are able to do Maths you can clearly see 90+20 = 110, so you might as well not use a mage weap and just go for 120 Fencing as is the case with this weapon.

In conclusion saying that this kryss would have more value if it was a mage weapon is fairly naive, unless you were intent on using the kryss as basic mage weapon on a template without DP. Even so the value I stated accommodates for the potential it has.

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you serious get a grip you absolute troll ''Luna/Stratics pvpers'' lawl. I pvp all the bloody time this is NOT worth 500m-1b and I'll bet it dont get that price.

Tier 5 Dog

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I made a valid counter argument to your post. If you disagree please state the basis on which you disagree.

Also, I'm interested to see what shards you play/who you are.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@BBear @Metal Head

Ok, so I'm guessing you are Luna/Stratics PvPers. Meaning you buy/trade and are actually not that great at PvP.

Let me explain how these templates work. Yes it is desirable to get a Mage Weap for a DP Mystic/DP any mage temp and preferably have have a weapon such as a skinning knife (with Infecting Strike as the primary ability) meaning you can use 70 weapon skill instead of 90.

Even with a mage weap you still need 70 weapon skill (0 tactics) to be able to use infecting strike, plus the fact you are using 20 skill points on your suit to accommodate the fact you have a mage weapon. 120 magery - 20 from the weap.

Thus for weapons that have their primary ability as infecting strike you are dedicating 70 raw weapon skill and 20+ skill to be able to use the special (total of 90 which isn't too bad) and in this case you would dedicate 90 + 20 to be able to use the special (as infecting strike is the secondary ability on the kryss.)

If you are able to do Maths you can clearly see 90+20 = 110, so you might as well not use a mage weap and just go for 120 Fencing as is the case with this weapon.

In conclusion saying that this kryss would have more value if it was a mage weapon is fairly naive, unless you were intent on using the kryss as basic mage weapon on a template without DP. Even so the value I stated accommodates for the potential it has.
It's actually better to use a -15mage assassin spike and save the skill points ;) but I guess it really comes down to preference..I prefer saving the 50 skill points to fit in alchy..but yes the Kryss does have "potential" but imo the 90 skill is a deal breaker for me never mind 120 "personally". The only difference with going 120 is you can theoretically drop Magery to 95 eval to 110 use the MoT and save a bit there..but it all comes down to how you decide it works out best..the HCI give this weapons a bigger range of options...but I myself wouldn't buy it for 50m..again jus preference. With that said Id put it up for auction, as they say there's an ass for every seat.

/end 2¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh here we go I play Europa/Atlantic, mainly Atlanic and I am not stating my pvpers on here. You're prob a high 5 troll by the way you tried trolling me.. Who are your pvpers on atl? Again this is not worth that price lol. Lets see if it makes 500-1b shall we lol?

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol I seen my guilde stomp you at farms on atl the other day, even turned your sash on throughout it...

reywind

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to start a discussion about templates or whatever else, you probably shouldn't start it by insulting the people you're trying to talk to. You just immediately set yourself up for not being taken seriously, and it makes you look arrogant.

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the lesson. I could have done without the Luna comment but very good guess. I run a hybrid template with a clean 25 splintering butcher knife with 15 DCI, SC-1 and a couple of other useless mods and I paid 100 mill for it. So either I got a great deal or these weapons are very far apart. Now if my butcher knife is worth that much then I am going to think about selling it.

Is this weapon still for sale?

BBear

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the record... I wasn't insulted. Average at PVP nowadays simply means you don't use third party programs. I am ok with being average. It makes my victories that much sweeter. Now i just need to figure out how to get some more of them.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone with a brain!

It is fairly rare to find -15 and splintering though.
not that rare if your ok with brittle :) yes, i realize this is not used as an actual attack weapon, but still.

30 viking.png

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i have a pick axe like that viking sword. they not that uncommon as long as you are ok with brittle. and brittle ona mage wep = last forever

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
no way this item gets 500mil-1B?? Maybe couple hundred mil... sounds about right, but i didn't realize these type of wpns are going for sooo much, gona need to keep my eyes open for them

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its pretty rare, no idea on gold value as theres so much available now, but to get 4 mods to line up like that, plus the overcaps doesnt happen all that often.

The Griefer King

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
to bad he sold it already. i just had someone icq me about it asking is 200m would be a reasonable offer on it

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have paid 500M for this. It is better without mage weapon. Only four mods instead of 5 means its not worth a billion though. Mine has 5 mods.