• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kog'Maw

Which Kog'Maw build is the best?

• AP Kog'Maw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On-hit Kog'Maw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

AuraVoid

Kog'Maw is the best ad carry in my opinion and is extremely efficient and shredding down tanks and can also be played as a ap carry with a long range aoe skillshot and high damage aoe slow.

Adiados

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I dunno about it, a fed twitch can easily melt health away and the new champ Varus has some pretty good damage output as well.

A

AuraVoid

While twitch does have an advantage with his stealth he becomes considerably weaker if his opponent has oracles or a vision ward nearby and while Varus does do % of max hp unlike Kog'maw he needs to hit them with an ability for the stacks to work and with him being squishy he could die before he can activate his stacks.

Adiados

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yep, all true but Kog's downside is that he's squishy as well but his ult has such long range and good utility that it makes up for it.

A

AuraVoid

Actually, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of damage you can get a Frozen Mallet giving him around 2.5k hp with slowing auto-attacks allowing him to hit an enemy for the slow then run in case of danger. This is extremely helpful if you have your void ooze on CD.

H

Hideidaran

I prefer AD Kog'Maw.
Kog'Maw's long range through his E + the AD he has, makes him so powerful and can really carry hard, if he is getting fed much.
At the same time, AP Kog'Maw has some really good range, better than AD's damage with the range ability's.

A

AuraVoid

You make a very good point Hideidaran! I also like AD kog but his w has a flaw, it only last for 8 seconds when the CD is 16 seconds meaning you have to wait 8 seconds before you can increase your range again. Then again, a fed AD kog kills his oppenent in under 8 seconds so it could go either way.

Kog'Maw's long range through his E
I think you mean W :D

H

Hideidaran

You make a very good point Hideidaran! I also like AD kog but his w has a flaw, it only last for 8 seconds when the CD is 16 seconds meaning you have to wait 8 seconds before you can increase your range again. Then again, a fed AD kog kills his oppenent in under 8 seconds so it could go either way.

I think you mean W :D
Arh, fail by me, thanks for noticing that out!

Adiados

Sage
Stratics Veteran
All this talk about Kog is getting me wanting to try him out seriously for once. I have a special spot for ranged AD carries (Varus is a new favorite)

H

Hideidaran

All this talk about Kog is getting me wanting to try him out seriously for once. I have a special spot for ranged AD carries (Varus is a new favorite)
I can tell you, Kog'Maw is worth the IP/RP! Either you play very defensive cause of your low HP or just totally aggressive, if you have someone like Soraka on your lane, you can easily be aggressive, while if you play with Tank or in that kind of non-support champion, you should keep defensive, since you can easily die on a gank from a jungler or just getting attacked, but you also have your passive, but it's not that useful again if the enemy has a lot of HP. ^^

A

AuraVoid

I personally love to lane with a Leona when i'm Kog'Maw because she can dash in there and stun them so i can just wail on them. Also- she is tanky enough to take damage from two enemy champions keeping me safe. Soraka is nice to because of the infuse and heal but i prefer Leona because with her i just don't get hit. :3

S

Schwagbert

Nunu Kogmaw is ridiculously overpowered. That said, I prefer a straight AD Kog.

Boots + 3 --> 1 or 2 Doran's -> Zeal + Vamp Scepter --> BF or Pickax (if you're getting fed BF, if you're not Pickax) + Vamp Scepter (If you didn't get vamp with zeal get it now, if this means you can't get bf OR pickax, still get vamp scepter) --> IE or Phage (once again, depending on how fed you are) -> Bloodthirster or Executioner's Calling (Exec Calling is very good, cheap sustain..... BT is for if you're fed)

Usually games end by then, but, if it isn't over, you have the option of Last Whisper and/or finishing Frozen Mallet (or, -I've never tried this- turning Phage into Triforce).

Merc or Zerkers, of course.

I've won a couple of 2v5 ranked games because Kog is so op.