• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Known Issues - updated 11nov14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
  1. Creating Posts/Threads function not refreshing - FIXED 15oct14
  2. Posts/Threads upon input multiplying - FIXED 15oct14
  3. Search not functioning - FIXED - 15oct14
  4. Tapatalk not working - FIXED 14oct14
  5. Facebook Integration - FIXED 14oct14
  6. UO.Stratics menu links going to old domain - FIXED 15oct14
  7. Forum/WP email post issues (password reset email) - FIXED 21oct14
  8. News feed from UO.Stratics to Forums not working - affecting access to UO.Stratics
    There is an issue with the plugin that allows for this functionality as it related to our new environment. I've got the developer assisting with troubleshooting. Meantime, I've totally disabled that plugin for now so no more WordPress login hijacks for guest viewing. This also means that any posts made in UO.Stratics will NOT be fed automatically into the forums.
  9. Sporadic image loss on pages - NO REPORTS - CLOSING
    please provide links to these pages for debugging
  10. UO.Stratics Content from data system not rendering properly - ACCESSIBLE FIXED 12nov14
    Only the Zoomable Maps are not working right. However, may be better to use the new Interactive Maps
  11. Domian name resolution : www. not pointed to stratics.com - FIXED 24oct14
  12. Forum Search buggy - FIXED 02nov14
  13. Gaps in forum search results (indicies/elasticsearch)
  14. Android Tapatalk users cannot access forums. - QUICK FIX 09nov14
    Please double check the url for the forum. If you can change the url settings, make sure it is pointing to http://community.stratics.com. You may have to uninstall Tapatalk from your Android device, then reinstall and hook back up to the forum. I understand this may not be an option for those you connect to several forums, but that has been the "quick fix" by several confirmed users. Meantime, please report the issue to the Tapatalk developer as this is an issue with their software (Android version not recognizing URL change).

UO.Stratics older content is being migrated to the New Stratics site. Once everything is there and situated, it will be made available to the community. Thanks for your understanding!

Last updated 12nov14 @ 00:54 HST

If you find a glitch, error, bad link or stray hamster, please post below & it'll get fixed as soon as possible!

Thanks everyone!!!
Stratics Staff

Last edited:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I couldnt find my password, I tried to get a new one send to me. It never reached me. Luckily I found the old one after searching but still no email for a new one. (Not shure, if its a gmx-problem or yours. And yes, I do check my spam folders on gmx regularly in such cases.)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
gotcha. yes, thee are email issues with the forums - adding it to the list.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
tapatalk is not working again for some people. says cannot connect to the server although i am getting the updates. was working before

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks @Speranza

We've never had SSL for secure http, but that is something we are considering and have been talking about in our planning sessions. I do have it on my radar for I'm very much the same way.

And yeah, I'll be tweaking the DNS for dubdubdub and other things.

@Flair
I think that's more on the tapatalk side of things... its been acting strange for about 6 hours, but I just summed it up to AT&T and the wanna-be-hurricane in the vicinity of my tiny, island home.

I'll monitor... Thanks!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When I try to connect to the main Stratics UO webpage I'm redirected to a WordPress login (for which none of my WP logins work, nor does my old Stratics login, and when I ask to retrieve my pw I receive no email).

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thank you Llewen... this is a known issue I've been working on.
has to do with the wordpress and xenforo bridge.

hopefully will get that done real soon.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've hosted my own portal in the past. I have some idea what you are going through. Have fun pulling your hair out. Too bad the skinhead look isn't as "in" as it used to be... ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hi trying to find info on trader quests, go to stratics search box and it sends me to some word press log in thing, use my username/pw for the stratics forum but that doesn't work, try my username and password in a few combos nothing works, ask for a new password with the email it should use, don't get anything sent. So how exactly am I supposed to search for the info I need? Is there a separate log in for word press, if so where do you register?

any help appreciated.
This the Single Sign On issues?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes, that is single sign on issue.... combined with an issue with email.
working on it now so long as the passing hurricane doesn't flood out the internet anymore. :-/

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I see a light at the end of the tunnel! Relief is coming!

10. UO.Stratics Content from data system not rendering properly
  1. This is an issue that is fundamental to how that portion of our content was created. The tech behind it is very old and outdated. This includes some guides, data tables, and archives. The conversion project for that portion of our site has been given a higher priority. Please bear with us as we get it changed. ~thanks~
ok, good to know you are working on this... i do a lot of crafting and use several of the pages a lot for information... will try and be patient while you work on it (SotA R11 is this Thurs so that will keep me busy for a few days anywho :)).
thx for the updates

arg
p.s. when i go to the 'your content' page all i'm seeing are the posts i made today, none of my other content is showing up.....

Last edited:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, good to know you are working on this... i do a lot of crafting and use several of the pages a lot for information... will try and be patient while you work on it (SotA R11 is this Thurs so that will keep me busy for a few days anywho :)).
thx for the updates

arg
p.s. when i go to the 'your content' page all i'm seeing are the posts i made today, none of my other content is showing up.....
send me a pm with the specific link and I'll see what's going on!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
email issues are fixed!
if anyone needs to reset passwords - go for it!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
update to issue list - see OP

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please consider having this thread as the one taken at the top of every page where it says: "Post-migration technical issues". Right now it takes us to the last thread that is now locked.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  1. UO.Stratics Content from data system not rendering properly
    This is an issue that is fundamental to how that portion of our content was created. The tech behind it is very old and outdated. This includes some guides, data tables, and archives. The conversion project for that portion of our site has been given a higher priority. .....
I suspect that the "Hunter's Guide" falls under this section. Many of us used that reference a LOT and hope it can be fixed soon...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, Startle, you're right.

Am working on it as quickly as I can. :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried to search my old posts via your content and the search box in upper right of page both resulted in this error message:

Stratics: A Career Path in Gaming - Error

The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
On it. thanks Spellbound!

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Benefactor
i cannot see pictures on some threads...
For instance, I cannot see these photos on this thread...
http://community.stratics.com/threads/legendary-brittle-armor-auction-located-on-atl.324605/
But I can see this photo on this thread...
http://community.stratics.com/threads/killer-legendary-mage-orc-helm.324729/

Also - I cannot see the picture I've posted in my signature either. Should be a photo of me on my Blaze Cu with multiple shots next to a tree that I was able to change the colors of in game... - http://puu.sh/cDXpY/cc871389d5.png
But I can see @Kirthag 's signiture

I had no issues with this prior to the migration.

Also - As far as logging in goes... I am logged into Stratics and it is set to do so when i come to the page everytime (so i dont have to keep logging in) The main page - I am never logged in...
http://puu.sh/cDX0E/960d3b51fc.jpg - Looks like that photo (normal, not signed in front page of the web page).
But i navigate to trade or rares forums and the next page i am shown as logged in and have messages - but only after i've clicked on either the trade forums or rares forums tabs. Before the move, the front page had my name, messages available to me, profile access, etc.... I never have to re-login or anything, but I was suspicious of it and wanted to make you aware of it just in case that is a problem...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, thanks Scott.

First, I'll PM you regarding image issues. I see all the images fine so I'll PM you on that.

Insofar as the "logging in" - the main site that you picture there is WordPress (our content management system).
The forums are a completely different system (Xenforo) and require a separate login.

The plugin that we were using which allowed single-sign on had major issues after we migrated. I passed those issues on to the plugin developer who is working on it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heeelllppp, the old UO Archive (Old UO Herald) does not work anymore!
(also linked from Main page -> UO Info -> UO Herald Archive)

http://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/news/archives.php

For me this is an important link, historical stuff in there, I hope the data is not lost! =)

The info isn't lost,

1. UO.Stratics Content from data system not rendering properly - SEE NOTES BELOW
    This is an issue that is fundamental to how that portion of our content was created. The tech behind it is very old and outdated. This includes some guides, data tables, and archives. The conversion project for that portion of our site has been given a higher priority. Please bear with us as we get it changed. Please see this post for more information specific to this issue: Trouble bringing up Stratics pages, get a page about some WordPress thing instead ?
    ~thanks~
It's there and will be back but for now it's not accessible.

T

Tazar

@Kirthag On Items 3 and 12 above - FYI: The search function is not fixed. If it were properly working, then huge blocks of posts would not be missing when searched. Check my own list of posts from my profile and you will see that there are no posts found between December 2013 and May 2014. right...

Try a search for @Nexus as well - track back to page 4 of 7 and you'll see a gap from August 8th, 2013 to September 19th, 2014 with no posts at all... Somehow I don't think Nexus was AWOL for over a year there... For that matter... Nexus has a total post count of 2,720 yet only 133 of these are found when a search is done?

I have a post count of 5,767 yet a search of posts by me shows only 50 posts? That is less than 1% being found... and you think it is fixed?

I know Stratics crashed bad back in 2008 and some posts were not recoverable... It's starting to look like a whole lot more is missing from this migration and the results post migration are worse than the great crash of 2008.

Also - tap-a-talk is still not fully functional.

Any ETA on when these will be really fixed?

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's wrong with Tapatalk, Tazar? I seem to have full functionality with Tapatalk Pro on both Android and iOS platforms.

T

Tazar

Then it may be a difference between Tapatalk and the pro-version. I do fine with iOS, but for a friend with Android the "notifications" system does not work at all (And yes - notifications are turned on, etc.) "Forums can not be found - contact your administrator" is one error that comes up.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be his version of android os as well. Notifications.system were recently updated in version 4.4.3/4. I have the free and hd version of tapatalk on an older devices (lucid) and notifications seem to be working on it as well.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks Tazar. I'm checking the indicies in elasticsearch.
And I've not had any issues with tapatalk on either the iPad or the Android. Can you ask your friend with the Android to PM me with the issue?

Thanks.

T

Tazar

And I've not had any issues with tapatalk on either the iPad or the Android. Can you ask your friend with the Android to PM me with the issue?

Thanks.
I think Flair already has... numerous times...

Thank you for checking further into the search function. I had a friend asking me this weekend for info on the New Doom Quest with about what to do with the documents. Sadly, she was unable to fine any info with a search for the relevant terms. I know many will be glad to have this major feature back up. :)

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Thanks.
It happened when you guys removed me from staff... hasn't worked since and quite frankly without it for this long not sure it even matters if I get it back. @Tazar was just trying to help because I became frustrated not being able to use the forums outside of my desktop. I'll just start using uo.guide.com like your staff member @Giggles recommended in this thread http://community.stratics.com/threads/any-eta-on-fixing-missing-stratics-uo-content.324910/ since this site no longer has usable pages. I realize I am just one person and don't matter much in the grand scheme of this, but I mentioned it incase I wasn't the only one.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'll send you a PM Flair.

A bug report has been sent to elasticsearch regarding the gaps in results.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I realize I am just one person and don't matter much in the grand scheme of this, but I mentioned it incase I wasn't the only one.
You matter to me :smooch:

jackdeth10

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hunter guide works great, but paragon creature calculator isn't working. wont let you select anything but acid elemental

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hunter guide works great, but paragon creature calculator isn't working. wont let you select anything but acid elemental
ok, will look into that over the weekend! thanks!

T

Tazar

ok, will look into that over the weekend! thanks!
Is this an older backup of the Hunter's Guide? I've noticed several things missing including the Crimson Dragon and Platinum Dragon that I know were there before. Just curious...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks Tazar.
It is not a backup, it is the actual files that were migrated to us in the root folder of the site.

I'll look for those specifically, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.