• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Knights of the White Christ

D

Dalton4902

Hello LS.

Allow me to take this first part to introduce myself. My name is Christopher Dalton and I have been playing this great game on and off for 8 years now. I have always wanted to start a roleplaying guild in this game and have decided to finally follow through with that.

This is a thread for a new guild I am forming called "Knights of the White Christ". This will be a roleplaying guild and it will be themed on Christianity. I plan on participating in as many RP events and other events as possible, all in the name of Christ. :)

Knights of the White Christ will be constant protectors of Britannia and will be ever patrolling all cities of the realm to guard against the ever frequent invasions.

Please, if anyone would be interested in joining this guild, or just give me any help at all getting it off the ground with information and advice, feel free to PM me here or email me at [email protected] .

I look forward to hearing from you all, and I hope the guild will be a success and a great addition to the realm.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to LS.

Ironically, I RP Galen as a Christian (though exactly how he'd have heard about Christianity in Britannia is a question I deliberately never answer).

However, given his (lack of) social skills and given that he and Joylah never got formally married (though they refer to one another as husband and wife, they are technically speaking "living in sin," a fact with which I'd imagine Galen's priest is not pleased), I think I can say the odds of his wanting to join a guild on that basis is about zero. *chuckles*

Good luck, welcome to LS.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to LS.

Ironically, I RP Galen as a Christian (though exactly how he'd have heard about Christianity in Britannia is a question I deliberately never answer).

However, given his (lack of) social skills and given that he and Joylah never got formally married (though they refer to one another as husband and wife, they are technically speaking "living in sin," a fact with which I'd imagine Galen's priest is not pleased), I think I can say the odds of his wanting to join a guild on that basis is about zero. *chuckles*

Good luck, welcome to LS.

-Galen's player

ps: Not to mention that Galen's already in a guild.

O

Old Man of UO

If you didn't already know, the White Knights are a so-called "Christian" branch of the KKK out of Texas "FIGHTING FOR WHITE RIGHTS."

That said, I think you might re-think your guild name whether or not it is intentional. If the name link is intentional, UO might not be the game for you. Not accusing at all, just trying to inform.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you didn't already know, the White Knights are a so-called "Christian" branch of the KKK out of Texas "FIGHTING FOR WHITE RIGHTS."

That said, I think you might re-think your guild name whether or not it is intentional. If the name link is intentional, UO might not be the game for you. Not accusing at all, just trying to inform.
Hey may have meant the Knights of the White Cross, I'm thinking, which is a name that was associated somehow with the Templars and the Crusades.

"Knights of the White Christ" is a name I've never heard before.

-Galen's player

O

Old Man of UO

Hey may have meant the Knights of the White Cross, I'm thinking, which is a name that was associated somehow with the Templars and the Crusades.

"Knights of the White Christ" is a name I've never heard before.

-Galen's player
Ya... I realize that but also know that this KKK group and others pattern themselves after the Knights Templars. I am Christian and don't have any problem with Christianity, or any other religious affiliation or even none at all in UO. But I do have issues with hate groups.

Sorry... not trying to start a religious debate, just saying such associations should be thought about.

I wish them good luck.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could always say he was an Earthling or a Hybrid (whos Earthling parent was Christian). If he were Britannian, he'd be expected to die when your account hits 80 months in age, or so.

S

Stupid Miner

Hmmm name sounds kinda funky...

Could also name it:
-Knights of the White Cross
-Crusaders of the Anointed One
-Warriors of Cruciformed Hearts
-Paladins of the Word
-In Hoc Signo Vinces (if you know Latin or your history[should be under Constantine{Emperor} in wikipedia somewhere])

D

Dalton4902

I assure you that the name I came up with for the guild has nothing to do with any racial group whatsoever. Also, the "White Knights" may very well be a racial group, therefore anyone with that name in a guild or title etc. could be affiliated with them out of innocent ignorance, "White Knights" is not in the title at all. It is just Knights of the "White Christ". Nothing about White Knights is in the name and "White Christ" stands for a Christ that is holy and pure, not his skin color, and not referring to the Knights at all. As everyone knows anyway, Christ was not white, he was Jewish. :) Though I appreciate your concern, and Miner's input on other names, I believe I will keep it what it is.

Fresley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
White knights in a medieval fantasy game? I dont know about you but the first thing I think of when I see that is hate group.

Seriously, I think you will be fine with your chosen guild name. Good luck.

D

Dalton4902

Actually, if you read right before that was stated, I was specifically saying how skin color has nothing to do with the guild or name.

O

Old Man of UO

You may suffer some harassment because of the name, but really it is what you do with your guild that matters.

Good luck with your guild and peace be with you.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*comes skipping along, reaches in her basket scattering flowers and babies breathe around the forums*

Oh, hello! What's this? A new guild? One in which through someone's imagination of valor and christlike behavior he could generate some interest in a roleplaying atmosphere? Hmmm, while it does not personally appeal to me it certainly has merit in any realm. A nice thought but wait...what's this? The road ahead of me forks off, one to the left where it seems like a bad turn would be made if I followed the conversation that way. Or dare I forge ahead carefully with the original discussion? I think I will wait and see which path travelers here take before deciding on my own course of action.

*ponders*

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*comes skipping along, reaches in her basket scattering flowers and babies breathe around the forums*

Oh, hello! What's this? A new guild? One in which through someone's imagination of valor and christlike behavior he could generate some interest in a roleplaying atmosphere? Hmmm, while it does not personally appeal to me it certainly has merit in any realm. A nice thought but wait...what's this? The road ahead of me forks off, one to the left where it seems like a bad turn would be made if I followed the conversation that way. Or dare I forge ahead carefully with the original discussion? I think I will wait and see which path travelers here take before deciding on my own course of action.

*ponders*
:bdh:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, if you read right before that was stated, I was specifically saying how skin color has nothing to do with the guild or name.
I read it. I think you misunderstood. You said someone isn't white, they're Jewish. I've known plenty of white Jews.

Like I said, I was taking a cheap shot and trying to be funny. *shrugs*