• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Knight's Armor Set [Replica] - Good armor?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I'm looking to get/buy a new set of armor for my classic warrior and was wondering is a complete set of "Knight's Armor Set [Replica]" is good enough to get?

Should I spend my money on it? I don't have a lot, so I really need to think this through.

Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can make far better with imbuing/reforging/new loot these days.

What template are you using and what weapons?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'm using the classic warrior template from @CorwinXX total skills are 735, where the extra 15 skill comes from jewelry. Weapons I'm currently using a Soul Seeker and a shield ,for the +10 SSI, but that's for now. Later I'll probably use an axe for the parry+bushido bonus.

Swordsmanship 120
Tactics 100
Bushido 120
Parrying 60
Anatomy 120
Healing 120
Chivalry 95

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well for radiant scimitar (Soul Seeker) you only need 150 stamina with 0 SSI to be at max swing speed. I take it that's mainly used for your area damage? What about an AI weapon like broadsword/longsword/bladed staff etc?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No LMC, no stam inc, no mana inc. That armour is worthless.
You can imbue much better without even using special materials.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Well i was using it mainly because it has 60 SSI. I was also using WW to train swords and mob control. What does AI mean? :oops:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One of the bread and butter of the warrior arsenal: Armour ignore special attack. The other is double strike.
If you are running a shield for 10 ssi, I recommend the scimitar as your double strike weapon and broadsword or longsword as your AI weapon.
The broadsword is faster at 3.25 swing rate, but the longsword has bigger damage.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
One of the bread and butter of the warrior arsenal: Armour ignore special attack. The other is double strike.
If you are running a shield for 10 ssi, I recommend the scimitar as your double strike weapon and broadsword or longsword as your AI weapon.
The broadsword is faster at 3.25 swing rate, but the longsword has bigger damage.
Well i'm using the shield and pretty much everything else because i'm still trying to figure out how i should play with my template, understand what i need to get for armor and weapons...basically I'm trying to emacipate out of noobness ;)

I need to know what armor type I should aim for, also what properties. Same for weapons, etc. Then I can at least know what to look for and get frustrated with the prices :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, you have 60 parry and 120 bushido, so you will never parry anything if you wear a shield. Which opens a great opportunity to reforge or find that awesome brittle shield with 10 ssi loaded with extra mods such as dex, stamina increase, int, mana increase, DI, etc because that shield will last you forever.
I run that with my macer and her reforged brittle shield is at 79/80 durability, and started at 80. I had this shield for months, if not over an year now and do several dreadhorn runs and kill lots of balrons with her every weekend.

You will want the blackthorn plate variation of the mace & shield glasses for your head piece to not have to imbue hit lower attack on your weapon.
For the leg piece, I tend to favour clockwork leggings for the 5 dex, 25 DCI, stam regen and the fact that it is imbuable (albeit at 450 weight, and you have to imbue stam regen to 1 to have enough space for other mod) and can be enhanced. Other people might suggest you other alternatives, such as tinker legs (much more expensive).
You will want to secure a despicable quiver for the 5 HCI, 5 dex, 5 archery that counts towards the 300 points for special attack mana cost reduction and 10 free resist.
Getting a corgul sash is a good idea as well. It is cheap for 5 DCI and 1 stam inc.
If you have a crimmy, great, otherwise go with the cheaper tangle for 5 DCI and 10 int, which helps with mana.
Since your template only runs 100 tactics, get the clean up turn in soldier's medal talisman for another extra 5 HCI and +10 tactics.

As of the rest, I tend to like bronzed Valkyrie's armour for the chest piece, but it is meddable leather, so there are other, better pieces out there. Most of the remaining pieces will be either legendary artifacts from the current loot system or imbued stuff.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're on Atlantic, send me an ICQ message and I will get you settled up with a decent suit free of charge .

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Iirc, he is in Europa.
Anyone starting at Legends will be given decent warrior gear with repond/elemental/undead/general purpose weapons when I am around.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Europa: Try in Bank in Britain every day at 19:00 people gather there. I can also provide some not bad armor for free (PM me)

Last edited: