• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Knight Rest Writing Finals May 17th 8:30 pm est

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Knights Rest Tavern and the Village of Aegis is holding a writers competition. Now before you moan hear me out.

The contest is to have you write a story killing off your character in the most embarrassing was you can think of them going. A Sack of flower to the head, run over by a herd of rabid mongbats and so on.

All stories must be original compositions and suitable for most readers.

The contest starts today and runs through May 14th 2016. Please put your stories into an in game book with your name engraved and drop them in the mailbox at the Knights Rest. You may also post them here if you wish. All submissions will be added to the Aegis library and available to be copied to other libraries.

Finalists will be chosen from the submissions and will be invited to tell their story in the Knights Rest on Tuesday May 17th at around 8:30 pm by the eastern skies. You need not tell your story in person to win; it just makes things a bit more enjoyable. Winners will be chosen from the finalists by Baron Arkon candidate for Governor of Yew.

Prizes are as follows

First prize-20 million gold pieces

Second prize-15 million gold pieces

Third prize-10 million gold pieces

Good luck to all who choose to enter

The Knights Rest is located in the Village of Aegis. First clearing south of the Yew Trammel Gate.

Izznet H'unar

Journeyman
Death by any other means is Still Death

As a gargoyle and training to be a great warrior for the Queen, I have learned a trick to aid in mental acuity. If one drinks heavily before going out to train the mental requirements are far greater and therefore will hone sharper the skills being trained. Thus is my tale, and I stick by it. Never mind the detail of this as my ghost speaking.

Let this stand as a warning, not all liquor bottles are the same. Some bottles do, in fact, contain a lovely potent brew of something akin to strong spirits. Others, however, get a bit more explosive in nature. These two should Never be confused!

My task is simple, throw sharp things at the heads of bad things. What could possibly go wrong? In one hand I carry a boomerang with the leading edge sharp enough to sever head from body. In the other hand, a pretty bottle of a golden liquor. Never mind the fact I could barely see the ettins much less the bottle.

It would seem that when this bottle of golden nectar was shaken it gets a bit unstable. I am a gargoyle, I fly. Flight is, by nature, shaky.

Hovering in a clear patch of a forest waiting for the monster to reveal its ugly heads I began to hear a bit of a hissing cough. Not paying too much mind, but noticing there was still some liquor in the bottle, I was compelled to take a long guzzle. This was a grand mistake.

I was about to throw the boomerang when a tingling rumble in my gut distracted me from my aim. I was retuning my focus when a huge burp alerted the ettin of my presence. “How rude” I thought to myself. The ettin burped at me!

No it was not the ettin at all, as I came to realize far too late. The burp was merely the warning of things to come. Cocking my arm to hurl my blade gave the final shake needed for the boiling concoction deep within me. Even the ettin seemed mildly concerned as the hissing tick continued.

In one moment of utter ridiculousness the ettin hit me square in the chest, knocking me to the ground. Landing on my feet I had barely enough time to stand and face my attacker when the final “tick” gave way to a BOOM.

The world grew dark and gray. As my spirit left my body, I could see the mayhem that was caused by the explosion. A great chasm from my chest was torn by singed edges of the fire bomb I had ingested. The ettin, too, was laid wasted in a debris field of body parts and smoldering innerds.

The moral of the story: drink as much as you want, but stay away from the pretty gold bottles. They have far more kick than what is necessary.