• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement King's Elite Town Guard

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
http://stratics.com/community/threads/kings-elite-town-guard.314007/:

This month begins the recruitment and beginning of the King's Elite Town Guard. Any citizen wishing to become a recruit and join the ranks please apply by either dropping a book into the mailbox by the wedding chapel or emailing me at [email protected].

I will need to know the name of the Character that is being recruited. If it is a character
that is not your "main" , please also give me the name of your "main" character.
Please refer to the post here : http://stratics.com/community/threads/kings-elite-town-guard.312503/ for any information regarding the King's Elite Town Guard.

Looking forward to getting this up and running!!

**Safe Journeys!**

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just going to come out and say it, I hope the Town Guard of Britain maintains its own unique identity.

I got nothing against the Kings Elites, but I see no reason the TGOB need up and dissolve just because something new has come along. As Leithia pointed out the other night, the Town Guard was a thing long before it was an EM thing, and it would be cool to see the veteran guards maintain their uniforms, their stations and outposts, even within the larger unified army, a veteran force that answers to the Governor of Britain and maintains their own plots and loyalties. Ric Flair and Leithia have both done a good job of keeping the spirit of the Guard alive long after Seppo and Brackus departed, and I would hate to see that all vanish up in smoke.

But anyways, that's my unsolicited opinion of the night. Carry on.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Town Guard are not going any where or dissolving.... we may lose a few troops to those new fangled whipper snapper King Elites but, some of us old grizzly warriors will stand to defend the towns and not that King.

Ric Flair

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Town Guard are not going any where or dissolving.... we may lose a few troops to those new fangled whipper snapper King Elites but, some of us old grizzly warriors will stand to defend the towns and not that King.

Ric Flair
I kinda like the idea of the old grizzled town guards being jealous of, and despising the new fangled whippersnapper king's elite. Throw in a "traitor" or 2 and should make for some fun

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ric Flair
Are these the same guards who dissolved almost immediately upon the departure of their Corporal, leaving their realm's glorious capital completely unguarded for nigh on three years? I find this sudden commitment to duty suspect, to say the least.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya'll know I've been involved since pretty much the beginning of this so my opinion isn't unbiased.

Reflecting upon everything posted here I have to agree that the Town Guards should somehow be recognized as a separate unit.
I also think that there should be an option for a Town Guard to join one of the other cities should they desire to do so.
I'm sure our respected ELDER EM Crysania would engage in discussing the pros and cons of this viewpoint.

And yes Lindae, unfortunately the town guards lost their drive, became seriously lazy and fat. Some went off to other lands, some went fishing, some found solace at a local pub. Hopefully, one way or another, they find a leader that inspires them to get off their lazy fat butts, lose some weight so they can actually fit into those wonderful uniforms and start working on their training.

Now, thinking about training, this may be a way to incorporate the veteran Town Guards into the new program. Since they have spent countless hours drilling, practicing formations, tactical training, doing general guard duties etc they would provide excellent training to the new guards. I'm sure they would relish the opportunity to 'work' the recruits and get them prepared for the Standard Recruitment Test.

If no Town Guard objects, on behalf of the Town Guards, Lethia will post a letter to EM Crysania requesting a meeting to discuss such.

Thoughts? Ideas?