• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King's Audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Excellent.. so it's my comprehension skills that are the issue when instead of just addressing the problem, you go around it. And the issue is dragging everything OOC when it never needed to be.

And you're right, it was for depositions by only those who *could not* be there.. I'm just trying to understand why not all RBG units were allowed questioning. Because no, Katherine shouldn't have been there.. but someone who could ask questions from their side.. should have. And truth be told.. You don't have to answer that here. I'm capable of handling that In Character, in game.

As for the hate aspect.. Apparently only in your eyes. It's a shame adults can't disagree without it being seen that way.. because that's what this is to everyone else. A disagreement.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
& trinsic rbg was not a factor because it was not an action done in trinsic soil. & as mylar points out, apparently it wasn't an action in skara brae soil, either.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
& trinsic rbg was not a factor because it was not an action done in trinsic soil. & as mylar points out, apparently it wasn't an action in skara brae soil, either.

Actually, I think you misread what I wrote? To reiterate: "... just showing that the area in question does indeed fall within the general borders of Spiritwood."

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You know you almost make this too easy. I don't even have to prove a point. You prove it for me. I see now, why Pandora kept telling you to not talk in General chat as well. Secondly Kodoz isn't MY anything. I don't know the player honestly. They aren't on ICQ with me, the character itself tolerates mine at best for IC reasons. And, unlike others.. I don't need to go running to my gm or someone else's every single time something irritates me.

However I will take a page from Faeryl... The word is to.. not 2. And the word is You, not "u".

And again, All of this is off topic. So you reply as much as you like. Things were handled badly on your part. For that situation.. and the fallout is a result from it being handled badly continuously after. The kicker here is, it's fixable. If you wanted to. I don't see that happening. Care to prove that one wrong? Because I'd welcome you trying. At least then it would mean you actually enjoyed rp. (Of any kind)

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Actually, I think you misread what I wrote? To reiterate: "... just showing that the area in question does indeed fall within the general borders of Spiritwood."
but spiritwood isn't skara brae, just as say broken mountains isn't umbra. & i said that the area is so far south of skara brae that u cant even call it skara brae really. besides we dont know what is & what isnt under ur patrol. are u saying that that map u linked is ur area of patrol? if so then that makes sense 2 me, but we certainly didnt know it the day in question.

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but spiritwood isn't skara brae, just as say broken mountains isn't umbra. & i said that the area is so far south of skara brae that u cant even call it skara brae really. besides we dont know what is & what isnt under ur patrol. are u saying that that map u linked it ur area of patrol? if so then that makes sense 2 me, but we certainly didnt know it.
While we are a part of the RBG of Skara Brae, we are also the Rangers of Spiritwood. Hence, we dwell in, and patrol, both the city and surrounding forest. So yes, what the map shows, as well as the city proper and the farms by the dock, would be a large part of where we patrol. Although we may occasionally extend beyond that, depending on what is transpiring IC.

As I said, I can understand a player/character not knowing the borders of Spiritwood, and that post, as well as this one, is merely to clarify.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, many of the questions posted earlier in this thread were answered when Thom posted the meeting logs.

To everyone: Let's please take a moment to think before we post anything angrily or rash and to keep this discussion informative, educational and productive to the community.

As long as we keep away from personal attacks and as long as we don't allow this thread to fall off-topic any further we can let it ride. Remember, this is about the King's Audience in mid August, not about getting deep into the intricacies of how each individual group is run.

Thank you.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Spiritwood at one time, as well as the city of Skara Brae was under the protection of the Rangers of The Heart. I see the return of any Rangers to Spiritwood as being a continuation of the guard and protection promised long ago by Rangers.

Kodoz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stop making up lies Armand. You peaced before I ever said a single OOC word. The chat discussion that followed was heated because I am very passionate, and you continued to imply I was a pking lunatic. I do not deny that I said things in frustration in chat ooc....but all of that occurred after we were peaced to remove my ability to interact in a meaningful way. You were already ignoring me when I could attack; the second I could not you ignored me fully.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Spiritwood at one time, as well as the city of Skara Brae was under the protection of the Rangers of The Heart. I see the return of any Rangers to Spiritwood as being a continuation of the guard and protection promised long ago by Rangers.
Exactly.

Plus this:

http://uo2.stratics.com/lore-and-history/historical-background-of-the-shattered-worlds/skara-brae

Plus also, like, every Ultima game everywhere. Rangers -- Skara Brae -- Spiritwood, it's is kind of a thing.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need to set at least one thing straight in this monster. PGoH did not go to the King. PGoH did not take the original interaction past that day. You can continue to blame us for this but that does not change the fact that Corinna, as she has claimed and as shown in the chat log, was the one that took this to the the governor of Skara to be addressed with the King. Once again we are being blamed for something we had no idea was going to occur until it did. We did not look for any interaction with CoD after the obvious work around of peacing us to get out of interaction. It has been proven in the past that any IC reaction to the actions of CoD is considered a personal attack. If you can not accept the IC consequences of your RP then maybe you should stay in your city and RP only with yourselves. And as Zuckuss said, the topic here was the King's audience and not what Katherine said to you after you avoided the interaction by peacing the guild. The argument in chat has nothing at all to do with this topic, nor does most of the stuff that happened with Katherine after that initial interaction.

Katherine IC did what needed to be done. She went and informed the people that patrol the area of what had transpired, everything after that is purely driven by RP interactions not some grudge against your guild. It also marks the end of PGoH involvement other then giving a statement to the King at the audience. All of this could have been handled in game through IC interaction and it's a shame that it had to be brought onto the boards and turned into some OOC drama fest.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop making up lies Armand. You peaced before I ever said a single OOC word. The chat discussion that followed was heated because I am very passionate, and you continued to imply I was a pking lunatic. I do not deny that I said things in frustration in chat ooc....but all of that occurred after we were peaced to remove my ability to interact in a meaningful way. You were already ignoring me when I could attack; the second I could not you ignored me fully.
Kodoz, stop expecting people to believe you just because you keep offering the same, internally-consistent version of events!!!

But in all seriousness, the reason I took your side that night wasn't because I hate CoD or favor PGOH. It's because I agreed that it's harmful for RP communities when guilds drop war status to avoid interaction or consequences or because you don't know the player behind a character. Given their status as veteran members of the RP community, I think most of CoD's arguments that night were rather disingenuous. They know very well the how and why behind RP guild war declarations. That being said, they're welcome to change their minds and withdraw from the system, but they should have given some warning and picked a better time than mid-interaction. It was hardly an emergency situation, and the worst that might have happened was that Armand and Merida (or maybe even Katherine) would have lost some insurance gold.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we're quite obviously already there.
Lol, I'm to busy using my energy for productive things to actually Hate anyone on this game, and I'm sure quite a few others are too. If you're busy hating people you're probably wasting you're energy because they most likely don't give you a second thought. But you know if you want to conduct the hate train that's your deal.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, I'm to busy using my energy for productive things to actually Hate anyone on this game, and I'm sure quite a few others are too. If you're busy hating people you're probably wasting you're energy because they most likely don't give you a second thought. But you know if you want to conduct the hate train that's your deal.
But you like me, right Rotep?

Kodoz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armand, it became OOC the second you utilized game mechanics to be able to completely ignore anything my character could do to influence the situation. You and yours pushed it to an OOC situation. I did regrettably continue it, but I do not believe in hiding words or talking behind backs, so I directly told you all everything I thought about the situation. Admittedly, certain comments went over the line and I could have chosen my words better at places, but the sentiments behind them I continue to stand behind.

Regardless, I would like to thank Katrina Hawkins for her wonderful coverage of this, and for having the patience as many of you did to actually sit through Katherine going on and on at the meeting, and I'm glad that many saw this was intended to be a way to further the RP, as well as the fact that it was continuing along IC with the most reasonable course for the character. The King's audience was quite interesting and I'm glad and feel privileged that I was allowed to be part of it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get nothing but that feeling from all of u, like all of u (even those of u that no longer really play much)... that we're somehow inferior because we're different. now i understand why certain old guilds chose to keep to themselves, never leaving the confines of their own cities, because that's certainly looking far more attractive for us now a days. we're really considering taking that very same route & u'll be done w/ us.

btw, its adam. my name is adam.
Adam I do not think anyone that plays now, or does not play as much as they used to sees you folks as inferior. Like many though I have at one time or another been confused by some of CoD's actions. If Aedon dislikes any of you it is not because he sees the players as less than his player, but because many of you are toothy vampires, and they are outlawed in Aegis.

And you still need a haircut.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyone in this thread, needs to re-read the entire thing... end to end. If, after doing so, you all do not think that this was a complete gang bang of hostility, your eyes are all wide shut. The RP community of Catskills has long long ago been divided... way before the Atlantic people made their way over here... way before I made my return in 2010 even. And it remains so today, as it will tomorrow, and the next day. There is the people that think RP should be one way, then there is the people that RP should be another. That's never going to change.

There has NEVER EVER been full acceptance of everyone that wishes to join it in any type of special way and NEVER EVER been an united community in Catskills (not even in days of glory, pre Trammel, save a few groups). There has always been certain people that were the focus of some more than others... and vice versa. There has always been discordance and hostility. And this thread shows exactly that! It continues to be that way 16 years later. It's a shame really because acceptance and equality is something that is so central to my life, in the real world.

CoD has officially dropped all highlights because its UNNECESSARY. RP can be done without it. And no one really can KILL anyone else's character without their consent anyways, so why allow that element into a world where death doesn't really equal death? All it does is provide someone a chance to kill others that cannot defend themselves, and that's not RP if death doesn't really mean death. If I declare WAR on someone, I mean JUST THAT --- its war. It has a timer, or a kill count, and its short lived. And if anyone remembers the IRC chats we had to come together on the ROE's, they can tell you that I am the first one to DISLIKE the highlights just to highlights. Its a game mechanic for a reason, it has a purpose. That's how I am going to use it.

As far as me being Governor of Britain, I am sure someone will come up with a clever way to oust me come December, until then I'll continue to do my thing. But let me make think abundantly clean I DO NOT WISH TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY OTHER PLOTS OR STORYLINES WITH YOU, I will not RP with you; consider me a non-RP'er when you see me. I won't go into your areas, you don't come in mine. Just leave me and mine alone!

I'll RP with the people that enjoy my RP with them!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think everyone in this thread, needs to re-read the entire thing... end to end. If, after doing so, you all do not think that this was a complete gang bang of hostility, your eyes are all wide shut. The RP community of Catskills has long long ago been divided... way before the Atlantic people made their way over here... way before I made my return in 2010 even. And it remains so today, as it will tomorrow, and the next day. There is the people that think RP should be one way, then there is the people that RP should be another. That's never going to change.

There has NEVER EVER been full acceptance of everyone that wishes to join it in any type of special way and NEVER EVER been an united community in Catskills (not even in days of glory, pre Trammel, save a few groups). There has always been certain people that were the focus of some more than others... and vice versa. There has always been discordance and hostility. And this thread shows exactly that! It continues to be that way 16 years later. It's a shame really because acceptance and equality is something that is so central to my life, in the real world.

CoD has officially dropped all highlights because its UNNECESSARY. RP can be done without it. And no one really can KILL anyone else's character without their consent anyways, so why allow that element into a world where death doesn't really equal death? All it does is provide someone a chance to kill others that cannot defend themselves, and that's not RP if death doesn't really mean death. If I declare WAR on someone, I mean JUST THAT --- its war. It has a timer, or a kill count, and its short lived. And if anyone remembers the IRC chats we had to come together on the ROE's, they can tell you that I am the first one to DISLIKE the highlights just to highlights. Its a game mechanic for a reason, it has a purpose. That's how I am going to use it.

As far as me being Governor of Britain, I am sure someone will come up with a clever way to oust me come December, until then I'll continue to do my thing. But let me make think abundantly clean I DO NOT WISH TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY OTHER PLOTS OR STORYLINES WITH YOU, I will not RP with you; consider me a non-RP'er when you see me. I won't go into your areas, you don't come in mine. Just leave me and mine alone!

You are of course free to feel the way you do about this discussion and/or in game issue, however I think you may be ignoring the facts in order to support your view as yourself as a victim of harassment. And honestly, while I agree that there have been issues in the community in the past I don't think they were as bad as you say. I also don't think that someone who had been out of the community, as you were, can actually comment on what was or wasn't going on then.

We know you feel highlights are unnecessary, you've been preaching that since you came back. However, that does not change the fact that the rest of us use them as a means to facilitate RP. Highlights are not simply about war. They allow a multitude of other interactions. Bar fights, disagreements between characters, and training missions for starters. It also doesn't change the fact that you didn't come to this decision about peacing guilds until after you used it as a way to get your guildmates out of a legitimate IC interaction. We've had highlights with a bunch of guilds for years now and never really had an issue with someone using it as a way to kill the defenseless. The very fact that we came up with RoE's suggests that you agreed to the use of highlights as a mechanic to further RP.

You continue to do your thing, but don't expect people to ignore the fact you are there or involved in the governors thing. As serious RPers my guild and I RP with everyone, whether they do or not, so seeing you as a non rper will not stop us from interacting. It's up to you to remove yourself from that situation if you truly do not want to RP with us.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pandy, that is a tad over the top, but your choices are yours to make.

The RP community on Catskills has always had its ups and downs, always had it's elitists( like me) and always had to deal with issues which might crop up involving high-lights and roe. To say that high-lighting a guild is not needed in order to RP is right in some ways, but leads to dull rp. If there is no fear of consequences, there is no reason for a person to hold back anything. Being high-lighted encourages us to stop and think of what we are about to say or do to another person we are role playing with.

Saying "attempts to knock Aedon over the head with the hilt end of a sword" will do little to encourage him to shut his yapping mouth, but drawing a blade and making it clear that you mean business just might. I really doubt it, but it might. Even within the nightly tavern scene the possibility of conflict makes the evening a bit more exciting. Plus let's face it, pirates are not going to come in, have a seat and sip tea politely. Sooner or later you are going to have to toss them out, and this will take the point of a blade or a heavy rum bottle.

When we do not face that chance of violence in response to our actions too many characters begin to come off as all powerful. Do we really want to see UO filled with characters who have personal wards which keep any and all attacks on them at bay? I still recall the time when far too many buildings and cells in Aegis had wards of protection which kept out spies, and allowed the holding of prisoners indefinably with little chance for rescue by their comrades. I would hate to see those things, those mechanics become the norm in RP.

Highlights are a matter of trust between guilds and players. They encourage better interactions between players, and they enable us to confront and maybe stop that person trying to push past us to take or possibly harm another.

Oh by the way, Aedon wears a butter cookie fastened around his neck on a leather strap. He firmly believes it wards off all forms of undead creatures. And also tastes good when dunked in milk.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I don't know if you were involved with the community that grew out of Ken Master's UOTC boards, which started with the Shadow Clan, the Picts, the Glamervelt, and the Dark Rychen, but this isn't a very accurate representation of the Catskills RP community that I experienced between 1998 and 2004, particularly during the pre-Trammel era. Sure, there were always disagreements and grudges, but we usually were always able to them aside for the greater good. There were certain guilds that I didn't get along with, but we were still able to maintain war status civilly by keeping the OOC out of game and adhering to the ROE. In your version of events, we would never have had 100+ guilds maintaining war status or enjoyed the grand battles of that era. So kindly stop skewing history to make your point.

Likewise, this is hardly a "gang bang of hostility." Sure, there have been some criticisms leveled against you, but let's not forget that:
You're the one who started this whole argument by trying to rebut an in-character argument via an out of character board post and insulting others by questioning their character motivations and integrity as role-players.

If CoD doesn't want to highlight unless it's an actual war, that's your prerogative, Bobby Brown. Just be confident in your opinion and stop trying to bolster this position with nonsensical arguments about developer intent or the motivation in creating ROE like you did the night of the Katherine-Armand-Merida incident.

Cool. So when's the next RBG event? I had a really good time at the Corgul one, particularly the Trinsic investigation part.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I wanted to keep this alive because I thought it had potential for a resolution. Looks like it had the opposite effect.

nothingheremovealong.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.