• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King's Audience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina Hawkins

UO Catskills News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The recent audiences with the King seemed to primarily focus on the circumstances of a young woman found in the Spiritwood forest by one of the Purple Guardians of Honor. Senator Katherine Belle Elle of the Guardians gave a detailed statement describing how she found and tried to help the woman only for two members […]

Read the whole post here.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umbra and Britain do not share the same leadership in character. Marius de Romanus and the Romanus family has protectorate status over Umbra, but does not rule the city itself. He owns almost all the lands around Umbra past the west bridge (as they are of free reign) which collectively make up West Umbra all the way to the Broken Mountains, including the inner parts of the mountains were we hold property. In addition, some parts to the North and South of Umbra are also under Romanus rule. Pandora de Romanus helps her husband and is the matriarch of the family, but all answer to Marius himself. In the same token Pandora is not the leader of Britain, she's the elected Governor who answers directly to the LEADER which is our King, Blackthorn --- or whomever succeeds this king. And while the King may hold RBG units in Malas, the crown does not extend it's rule into Malas (even though I hope it does someday).

Just because I run my player-ran city, it should not disallow me to be elected as Governor for an NPC city. So if folks are calling my elected office in to question based on that, then everyone that has a leadership position of a player-ran city should not be allowed to be elected as Governor for an NPC city, across the board... not just me.

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Player of Pandora, I'm not really sure what the point of your post is. Corinna (who I play) made the accusation based on her in-character belief. The factual accuracy or inaccuracy of her belief, as well as the King's response or even Pandora the character's counter-argument are best left for in-game. Attempting to take it out of game and to the boards just makes it confusing and seem like it's an out of game/out-of-character issue. Nor will debating this on the boards actually impact the in-character discussion as my character doesn't get Internet service or have access to the stratics.com message boards.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Governor of a city is an elected leadership position. Maybe not on the same level as the King, but still a leader for the city. Also... as far as i'm aware nobody said anything about Vamp's Lair, or questioned anything to do with that player city. Although technically it is also a foreign city, as the Kingdom does not claim anything in Malas. I can send you the log of the audience if you would like to find out what was said.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I am sure, Judas... I am sure.
What are you sure about? Are you trying to insinuate that Corinna's statements weren't based upon her in-character beliefs? Do you think that we're better off debating character perspectives on the boards instead of in-game? You know, not everything that happens on Catskills is about you or part of some secret conspiracy against your role-playing or fodder for your persecution/martyr complex. Some of us are actually just into role-playing our characters ...

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i find the insinuations made "in character" reflect a lot of the out of character tension that now exists here; to think otherwise is sheer ignorance. the accusations against my character & my friend merida were made clearly because i called pandy & asked her 2 log in to peace a guild that i personally just did not wish 2 be highlighted 2 anymore & that just pissed some of u off ooc. we did not threaten anyone, we were the ones threatened. there was no questions asked of us about the situation or about the young lady in question, just threats right off the bat.... is that rp? not to me. i dont pvp on armand (he is not pvp'able) & i dont appreciate someone doing the bare minimums in the roe's just 2 kill me. & thats exactly what happened that day & we have the screen shots 2 prove it.

ive been long tired of the notion that we should highlight guilds that we have not declared open war on just to "highlight". thats never been a secret for any of us back to the OvC days. we never wanted 2 highlight "orange" any guild that we considered neutral or ally; neutrals are blue, allies are green. guild wars are supposed 2 be guild wars, if u are orange u are my enemy.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Governor of a city is an elected leadership position. Maybe not on the same level as the King, but still a leader for the city. Also... as far as i'm aware nobody said anything about Vamp's Lair, or questioned anything to do with that player city. Although technically it is also a foreign city, as the Kingdom does not claim anything in Malas. I can send you the log of the audience if you would like to find out what was said.
the only city we have rule over is those that we own & have property in. the city of umbra is run by the necromancers of umbra, not CoD. we do run most of the territory surrounding umbra, but not the city itself. so then everyone's wrong. corinna is wrong for thinking we have any rule of the city of umbra itself and pandy's wrong for thinking corinna meant the areas surrounding umbra & vamps lair. its a draw. :p

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i find the insinuations made "in character" reflect a lot of the out of character tension that now exists here; to think otherwise is sheer ignorance. the accusations against my character & my friend merida were made clearly because i called pandy & asked her 2 log in to peace a guild that i personally just did not wish 2 be highlighted 2 anymore & that just pissed some of u off ooc. we did not threaten anyone, we were the ones threatened. there was no questions asked of us about the situation or about the young lady in question, just threats right off the bat.... is that rp? not to me. i dont pvp on armand (he is not pvp'able) & i dont appreciate someone doing the bare minimums in the roe's just 2 kill me. & thats exactly what happened that day & we have the screen shots 2 prove it.

ive been long tired of the notion that we should highlight guilds that we have not declared open war on just to "highlight". thats never been a secret for any of us back to the OvC days. we never wanted 2 highlight "orange" any guild that we considered neutral or ally; neutrals are blue, allies are green. guild wars are supposed 2 be guild wars, if u are orange u are my enemy.
Player of Armand, I am going to respond to both of your posts here.

We all went around in circles the night in question about COD's response. Let's agree to disagree because you're wrong and I'm right. :)

With respect to this present discussion, Pandora read a summary of a character interaction that she was apparently not there for and decided to respond on an OOC forum. I called her on that. If you guys actually read the log, you'd probably better understand the context that this issue was raised. That doesn't mean you'd listen, but at least you'd be better informed.

As for whether Corinna is right or wrong, that is not an argument I am going to engage in on an OOC forum. I don't always agree with everything my character's belief, some of my most enjoyable moments as a role-player is when my character takes a position that I know or believe is wrong as a player. That's what helps define them as separate people from myself, and even more importantly, from each other. So whether Corinna is right or wrong in her belief is an issue to be debated with Corinna. That being said, if you are accusing me of having my character take a position solely because of some OOC grudge, then you are questioning my integrity as a role-player and honesty as a human being. And if you are doing that, then I've got some choice words for that aren't suitable for Stratics. But they do involve an orifice and a suggested destination for the latest James Patterson novel.

Similarly, if you think that there's no in-character factual basis for a character to believe there's any connection between Britain and Umbra, then I think you need to pay closer attention to your characters.

All of that being said, I think you guys have fallen into this trap of believing any disagreement or criticism against you is part of some OOC conspiracy . For the most part, I enjoy playing with you guys, which is why I attend the Bloody Brew tavern nights and the RBG events that you organize. Maybe not lately, but for a variety of reasons I haven't had much time for UO this summer. But you also can't expect zero criticisms when you try to be a central part of everything and utilize a fictional background that isn't consistent with everything else. That's not to say you can't do it -- you're completely entitled to do whatever you want with your characters and guild. Likewise, everyone else is equally entitled to pick and choose what they want to accept of you. And you need to understand that someone's disagreement with your fiction or style of role-playing isn't a personal attack. Take CoD's vampires from Earth thing. I have characters that will believe CoD are vampires. However, none of my characters will believe that they're from Earth. This isn't because I secretly hate you, it's because I find the idea of British vampires conveniently traveling back and forth between Earth and Britannia and riding sports cars to be rather silly and inconsistent with Ultima lore I've experienced from the single player games and UO. On a side note, it'd probably make for a pretty wicked Second Life Simulator ...

So of course I'm going to voice my opinion when matters relating to that are raised, instead of just quietly swallowing something I don't believe in. But as long as you stop taking every disagreement as a personal attack/criticism/conspiracy, this will just perpetuate until people are even more tired of reading about it.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On a side note to our esteemed Katrina Hawkins. Please keep up the news reports, they're very much appreciated.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord British himself travelled to and from Earth as the Avatar was summoned to Sosaria... how do you think he got here? How do you think Britain was named what it is named? Please. Its not like we're constantly throwing the Earth thing around in your face about it other than the occassional mention here and there! God... to know that we have stories reflecting "sports cars" means that you go out and try to FIND THESE STORIES, mostly on our website... it is YOU that brings them into UO not us. We've never told another soul about the sports cars and the concerts and the vast amount of companies we own becaue its all based on THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES. Our RP exists outside of UO, always has... always will. UO can shut down tomorrow and CoD will still go on! We love it that way... so I could care less what you think of it! People identify with our characters, they recognize them, they know of them, I mean who the hell doesn't know about Lestat de Lioncourt (btw new movie coming out about Lestat soon! Yay!)?!?! Fault me for making a guild that has such recognizable characters to non-RP'ers and it makes them want to interact with us and try to role play with us.

Again... how does this all reflect Corinna (who's BARELY ever talked to Pandora) having an opinion about why we should or shouldn't have leadership positions in Britain? LOL You guys keep roping in us in to force us to RP with you when we frankly just don't like to. Are we so damn interesting? Must be. Roped the issue with Armand & Merida to the King, now roping the issue of Pandora as Gov. of Britain to the King as well... someone get me a knife to cut through the ropes!

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note...

Anne Rice's son Christopher Rice who is an author himself, penned a screen play for "Tale of the Body Thief" and Universal Studios has bought the opion to make it into the next movie. It is said that it will be a series of movies with Chris as the screen writer that will tell the story of all the vampires in the THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES! Pretty exciting stuff. ;)

Anne is also recieving offers to turn her werewolf series into movies... so THE WOLF GIFT CHRONICLES might see the big screen too! I'm ready for a good werewolf flick. I am currently watching Teen Wolf, love that series.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"The Tale of the Body Thief" was an excellent book and change of story. It was so neat to see Lestat "human" again. I could go on and on about each book but I won't of course. Count me excited. I read all of the Vampire and Witch Chronicles, I did not read the Wolf Gift Chronicles though.

Count me excited about the screen play!

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"The Tale of the Body Thief" was an excellent book and change of story. It was so neat to see Lestat "human" again. I could go on and on about each book but I won't of course. Count me excited. I read all of the Vampire and Witch Chronicles, I did not read the Wolf Gift Chronicles though.

Count me excited about the screen play!
me 2, man. i loved the mayfair witches 2. the amount of character development that anne rice has on each of the characters in her books has always been what draws me to them. the amount of detail. TotBT is by far one of my favs. lestat actually missed his immortal self, i think that entire storyline set us up nicely for MtD.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to say I am surprised by this, but in truth, and sad to say, I am not.
I log in rarely these days to RP, keeping mostly to myself and hunting or running through a dungeon. The few times I do interact with others it is mostly in Skara, EM (king) meeting in Brit, or some event in Trinsic. The amount of angst that seems to be brought out over the smallest things seems to me a slow poisoning of the community.

I have not as of yet read the transcripts of the meeting with the king, but from the report filed above I can say that it looks like an in character thing. Bringing in ooc info or declaring that someone is using information gained in a manner other than in game interaction serves no purpose other than disrupt the role play within the game.

I will tell you from experience that what my character is told, or sees in game is fact to him until proven otherwise through RP. And no amount of posting on a forum or crying foul can change this. This looks to me like something that can be better addressed in game, through good and thoughtful RP than through accusing another on the forums of using ooc to taunt or otherwise punish any one person or group.

Armand, you need a haircut, those lovely long locks of yours have split ends. (This of course is information I obtained ooc from your hairdresser. *winks*)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People identify with our characters, they recognize them, they know of them, I mean who the hell doesn't know about Lestat de Lioncourt (btw new movie coming out about Lestat soon! Yay!)?!?!
*ever so slowly raises her hand*

...never heard of him. Of course, I've never read the Vampire Chronicles either, so...

UO can shut down tomorrow and CoD will still go on! We love it that way... so I could care less what you think of it!
And not to nit-pick... but, uhm... It's couldn't care less. You're actually saying that you do care. Sorry, pet peeve...

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Again... how does this all reflect Corinna (who's BARELY ever talked to Pandora) having an opinion about why we should or shouldn't have leadership positions in Britain? LOL You guys keep roping in us in to force us to RP with you when we frankly just don't like to. Are we so damn interesting? Must be. Roped the issue with Armand & Merida to the King, now roping the issue of Pandora as Gov. of Britain to the King as well... someone get me a knife to cut through the ropes!
Actually Pesky little thing called Governorship.. if you don't want to deal with people you don't like.. Opt out of the position. One of those little items that, as the ruling body over a town.. you're kind of stuck in. It seems you're fine with some aspects of that position and not fine with others. I promise you every other Governor has to deal with aspects they don't like.

And Armand... You don't even highlight enemies.. You don't Rp/Pvp Bro... remember?

Aedon, I agree with you. First on the topic of hearing and seeing things in game as being fact.. Gillian (the character) is very very different from Me the person behind her. Which means that if she is aware Of undead and cult followers running around, she will deal with them in a vastly different manner than I would. None of us are asking to control someone else's play-style.. but it's childish to suggest that anyone have to play a certain way.. or believe a certain thing because Umbra or Britain say we do. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Lastly.. and it's not a criticism .. Those who have not read the transcript should..As I was actually there. The King himself states he has issues.. IC issues... NOT ooc ones... All of this.. .ALL OF IT.. should have been done IC.. bringing it here.. is petty.. and shows the maturity of a five year old.

And yes, Katrina.. you report to your little hearts content. Your coverage was factual and complete.

Last edited:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad thing for me is I really sometimes think that it is the insertion of the EM created plotlines that have so turned me off on RP in UO. I still prefer and enjoy player driven RP.

And yes Katrina it is the job, and the task set for any reporter to report the news as it happens.

(looks at Armand and flips his scissors around.)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lord British himself travelled to and from Earth as the Avatar was summoned to Sosaria... how do you think he got here? How do you think Britain was named what it is named? Please. Its not like we're constantly throwing the Earth thing around in your face about it other than the occassional mention here and there! God... to know that we have stories reflecting "sports cars" means that you go out and try to FIND THESE STORIES, mostly on our website... it is YOU that brings them into UO not us. We've never told another soul about the sports cars and the concerts and the vast amount of companies we own becaue its all based on THE VAMPIRE CHRONICLES. Our RP exists outside of UO, always has... always will. UO can shut down tomorrow and CoD will still go on! We love it that way... so I could care less what you think of it! People identify with our characters, they recognize them, they know of them, I mean who the hell doesn't know about Lestat de Lioncourt (btw new movie coming out about Lestat soon! Yay!)?!?! Fault me for making a guild that has such recognizable characters to non-RP'ers and it makes them want to interact with us and try to role play with us.
Player of Pandora, don't pick fictional arguments you can't win.

Have you actually ever played a single player Ultima game or watched the introductory movie to UO? Yes, Lord British is from Earth. Yes, he summoned the Avatar from Earth. But honestly, that's about as helpful or relevant to my point as telling someone that one plus one equals two.

In the Ultima games, travel between Sosaria and Earth is not as easy as hopping your closet moon gate for a weekend getaway. The first three Ultima games aside (as it's obvious the series was still finding its fictional footing), there are numerous examples of how difficult it was. In Ultima IV, the manner in which the individual who became the Avatar found his way to Britannia to begin with. In Ultima V, the introductory movie states that the Avatar was excited to finally receive a sign from Britannia, and how the resistance to Blackthorn had to gone to great lengths in terms of effort and secrecy to summon the Avatar without alerting the Shadowlords. In Ultima VI, how the introductory story states it's been five seasons since the Avatar's homecoming from Britannia and his obvious longing to return there and how the summoning spell was actually a gargoyle trap. In Ultima VII, the length of time between the Avatar's last visit and the difficulty of the travel, as evidenced by the climactic end game choice that I won't spoil here. So there's zero support for your interpretation in the single player game fiction.

But most significantly, if you actually watch the introductory movie to Ultima Online, it's obvious that the history of the shards splits off from Ultima Prime at the point of Mondain's death and the shattering, so there's actually no Avatar or history of travel between Earth and one of the shard gems.

You also clearly missed my point about it being your right to play it how you want it. I am totally fine with you following whatever fiction you want to follow. Just don't take it personally when others don't want to swallow.

How do you know what Corinna knows or doesn't know? Do you play her? Are you a mind-reader? Enough of that crap.

As for the rest of it, you're right that it is completely ridiculous of us to expect you to log into an online game and play with others outside of your control. Taking up a position of importance in the shard-wide/EM-run RBG system, campaigning for an elected office based on role-played interaction between the EM and other cities, and being the self-appointed community-schedule person are all clearly signs of someone who just wants to be left alone.

If you don't want the spotlight, then get off the stage.

But either way, I still like you :)

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad thing for me is I really sometimes think that it is the insertion of the EM created plotlines that have so turned me off on RP in UO. I still prefer and enjoy player driven RP.
I have nothing but respect for what the EMs do and personally enjoy a lot of it, but I agree completely that it's unfortunate that EM initiated stuff has completely replaced player driven drama/conflict. Then again, this thread is a result of what happens when there's was some player driven drama/conflict. Katherine got called a bully, PGOH got peaced, and I'm being told that my character doesn't have a basis for forming her opinion. Yay!!!

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think perhaps that this topic should just be dropped?

Kodoz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to clarify something here as the player of Katherine Elle. I have zero ill will against any of you OOC; Even if you hadn't peaced, Katherine was acting from her point of view, which was simple; There's a crazy traumatized girl in front of me who was ordered to remain here for an unnamed 'He' to show up and collect her, and suddenly a strange man and a woman recall TO THE SITE, within visible distance. Had you walked upon the scene, it would have been slightly less suspicious, but considering it was in the middle of the woods the chances were as remote as they were of Katherine running into the girl in the first place. Katherine's actions and reaction were entirely based on the IC situation.

I will admit now as I did before that there was no small amount of frustration to me that my excitement at running into spontaneous RP was killed by the fact that Armand and Merida seemed to have no desire to actually roleplay things out with Katherine; Yes, she's a violent character...but it's a violent world. There were dozens of ways you could have furthered the interaction without it ever resulting in violence. I'm also going to tell EVERYONE this right here and now because I am sick of you making this accusation about me 'wanting to just fight'.

If I wanted to attack you, I would've done it after the first warning, which is what 'the bare minimum ROE' is. In point of fact on a character who is well known for having a VERY short fuse, I gave you MULTIPLE warnings....The final one I gave as you peaced us was the -FIFTH- warning. Ask Aedon. Ask Undead. Ask UP. Ask any of the other RP'ers on the entire shard...I was straining my characters persona to the breaking point by not acting after the first warning, much less the fourth, in the effort to continue the interaction.

I was doing everything I could to give you options to further the interaction, and all the while Merida ignored me to talk to the girl while Armand made it worse in Katherine's eyes by claiming jurisdiction as nobles of Britain, then claiming that the girl was their responsibility, and Merida calling her by a different name...and the girl reacting like a brainwashing victim. Now, you may not know this, but certain acts can hit very close to home to someone who has suffered similar trauma, and they don't always act in the most rational manner...and even still Katherine didn't attack you, who has things in her past that are very similar.

Do NOT presume that you have any idea what was going through my head or that I had any motivation in wanting to attack you. I wanted to roleplay the scenario out...you wanted to take your toys and go home.

Last edited:

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think perhaps that this topic should just be dropped?
Why? It's a perfectly reasonable discussion and dropping it would adds fodder to the notion that disagreement equals dislike. Maybe if we all openly discussed our disagreements more then people would stop taking them so personally.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? It's a perfectly reasonable discussion and dropping it would adds fodder to the notion that disagreement equals dislike. Maybe if we all openly discussed our disagreements more then people would stop taking them so personally.
Well said.
As long as the discussion stays on topic and remains civil there is no reason to end it till all that needs to be said, is said. Then folks can move on and RP as usual.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. I'm going to post the log here instead of sending it to the people that requested it because I think that anyone taking part in this conversation should read it before continuing to debate the facts. As most of the people replying in this thread were not at the meeting in question.

[14/08/12][20:13:02] [King Blackthorn]: *looks to empty seats in front of table*
[14/08/12][20:13:08] [King Blackthorn]: Good evening.
[14/08/12][20:13:10] [Alfonso]: *salutes*
[14/08/12][20:13:12] [PIT]: hi
[14/08/12][20:13:13] [James]: Hello
[14/08/12][20:13:18] [Piper]: *stands and inclines her head*
[14/08/12][20:13:24] [PIT]: fine cool night
[14/08/12][20:13:32] [stardust]: hail
[14/08/12][20:13:35] [Clara Oswn Oswld]: Your Magisty
[14/08/12][20:13:36] [King Blackthorn]: Please, if you have requested time to speak, sit in the chairs provided in front
[14/08/12][20:13:42] [King Blackthorn]: of the Council table.
[14/08/12][20:14:02] [King Blackthorn]: *settles into chair and leafs through notes*
[14/08/12][20:14:31] [King Blackthorn]: I have a number of requests before me, it seems.
[14/08/12][20:15:10] [King Blackthorn]: Many of you are here to speak about a recent incident in the woods near Skara Brae.
[14/08/12][20:15:25] [King Blackthorn]: I shall address this first, before moving on to other matters.
[14/08/12][20:15:55] [King Blackthorn]: I will remind everyone that unless you are involved with the matter at hand, to please remain quiet
[14/08/12][20:16:14] [King Blackthorn]: Out of respect for others, and to make sure we can proceed efficiently.
[14/08/12][20:16:19] [King Blackthorn]: *chuckles a bit*
[14/08/12][20:16:23] [King Blackthorn]: Something we don't often do well.
[14/08/12][20:16:58] [Piper]: *nods in agreement*
[14/08/12][20:17:02] [King Blackthorn]: Regarding the accused kidnapping of a young girl, or woman, in the area of Spiritwood
[14/08/12][20:17:23] [King Blackthorn]: This matter was brought to my attention during a recent Council meeting, and I must say...
[14/08/12][20:17:54] [King Blackthorn]: It was done so rather poorly.
[14/08/12][20:18:23] [King Blackthorn]: In the future, I will NOT be so surprised by such.
[14/08/12][20:18:54] [King Blackthorn]: That said, it is indeed an important matter to discuss, as the accusations implicate nobles
[14/08/12][20:18:58] [King Blackthorn]: Governors, and Guards alike.
[14/08/12][20:19:12] [Eodain]: *scoffs*
[14/08/12][20:19:15] [Piper]: *shifts in her seat*
[14/08/12][20:19:37] [King Blackthorn]: As I am to understand it, not long ago one of the Purple Guardians of Honor came upon
[14/08/12][20:19:46] [King Blackthorn]: a young lady in the woods of Skara Brae.
[14/08/12][20:20:04] [King Blackthorn]: She seemed frightened, and the Guardian sought to help her.
[14/08/12][20:20:41] [King Blackthorn]: Two nobles of Britain, who sadly could not be here tonight,
[14/08/12][20:20:45] [King Blackthorn]: *notices movement*
[14/08/12][20:20:51] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][20:21:28] [King Blackthorn]: Two nobles of Britain arrived to take the girl with them, presumably to Umbra
[14/08/12][20:21:32] [King Blackthorn]: where they also hold residence.
[14/08/12][20:21:38] [King Blackthorn]: And claim the girl to live.
[14/08/12][20:22:02] [King Blackthorn]: I have been provided with thorough documentation of the girl's origin as having been born in Britain
[14/08/12][20:22:22] [King Blackthorn]: However, there seems to be considerable confusion regarding the identity of the girl
[14/08/12][20:22:35] [King Blackthorn]: based upon statements she made to the Guardian that was present.
[14/08/12][20:22:58] [King Blackthorn]: *pauses to look at notes*
[14/08/12][20:23:32] [King Blackthorn]: While I have statements from those involved who could NOT be here tonight
[14/08/12][20:23:51] [King Blackthorn]: It is my understanding that the Guardian who discovered the young lady, Katherine Elle, is here?
[14/08/12][20:24:03] [King Blackthorn]: *looks across table*
[14/08/12][20:24:07] [Katherine Elle]: Yes, your regency.
[14/08/12][20:24:07] [King Blackthorn]: Excellent.
[14/08/12][20:24:08] [Piper]: *looks to Katherine*
[14/08/12][20:24:32] [King Blackthorn]: Thank you for coming. Please, approach the Council table and explain what happened, in your words
[14/08/12][20:24:38] [King Blackthorn]: that evening.
[14/08/12][20:24:40] [Katherine Elle]: As requested, your regency.
[14/08/12][20:25:09] [Katherine Elle]: To give a brief background, I am Katherine Belle Elle of the Purple Guardians of Honor
[14/08/12][20:25:18] [Katherine Elle]: Current Senator of Commerce, former Senator of Inquiry
[14/08/12][20:25:28] [Katherine Elle]: On the night in question
[14/08/12][20:25:48] [Katherine Elle]: An incident occurred regarding our acting Praetorian Prefect
[14/08/12][20:25:50] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:25:58] [Katherine Elle]: Being in Olympus and present at the time and familiar with search protocol
[14/08/12][20:26:06] [Katherine Elle]: I set out to find him in as efficient a manner as possible
[14/08/12][20:26:17] [Katrina Hawkins]: *starts writing*
[14/08/12][20:26:27] [Katherine Elle]: I searched throughout olympus, and found a sign of his trail leading to the West.
[14/08/12][20:26:44] [Katherine Elle]: Unfortunately upon reaching the small mountain range his trail went cold, so I was forced to...
[14/08/12][20:26:47] [Katherine Elle]: Spread my search area wider
[14/08/12][20:27:07] [Katherine Elle]: In doing so, this area encompassed where the Ranger's hut is kept in Spiritwood
[14/08/12][20:27:22] [Katherine Elle]: While continuing to search, my path led around the mountain their hut is adjacent to
[14/08/12][20:27:31] [Katherine Elle]: If you are familiar with the location, there is a small bridge over a pond
[14/08/12][20:27:36] [Katherine Elle]: Along with two ancient statues
[14/08/12][20:27:47] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][20:27:53] [Katherine Elle]: Due to the fact that I was unsure of how the Prefect might take my search for him
[14/08/12][20:27:54] [Eodain]: *rubs chin*
[14/08/12][20:28:06] [Katherine Elle]: I was being careful to conceal my presence and sticking to trees
[14/08/12][20:28:13] [Katherine Elle]: However, upon reaching the area near the bridge
[14/08/12][20:28:26] [Katherine Elle]: I noticed an unaccompanied young lady, cowering on the ground
[14/08/12][20:28:52] [King Blackthorn]: *nods and makes a note*
[14/08/12][20:28:52] [Katherine Elle]: After checking the area initially, I revealed myself and offered to take her somewhere safer
[14/08/12][20:29:09] [Katherine Elle]: She refused, quivering, and stating that she could not leave
[14/08/12][20:29:19] [Katherine Elle]: I persisted, and asked her why; her legs appeared fully functional
[14/08/12][20:29:23] [Katherine Elle]: She did not seem injured
[14/08/12][20:29:30] [Katherine Elle]: And there was nothing that seemed to be keeping her there
[14/08/12][20:29:37] [Katherine Elle]: In response she said only that 'He told me to stay'
[14/08/12][20:29:46] [Katherine Elle]: 'He said if I didn't that I would be punished, severely'
[14/08/12][20:30:02] [King Blackthorn]: *raises eyebrow and makes another note*
[14/08/12][20:30:10] [Katherine Elle]: I offered to her that I could protect her, and placed my hand on the kryss that I carry with me
[14/08/12][20:30:45] [Katherine Elle]: She told me that 'You cannot protect me from -him-, he is too strong and too skilled'
[14/08/12][20:31:00] [Katherine Elle]: I told her that if she believed I could not, that I could easily take her to a group that could.
[14/08/12][20:31:14] [Katherine Elle]: She again refused, and her voice was shaking with fear.
[14/08/12][20:31:23] [Katherine Elle]: I believed that I could get her to go with me if I had more time
[14/08/12][20:31:34] [Katherine Elle]: But it was approximately then that suddenly two figures appeared in a burst of magic
[14/08/12][20:31:44] [Katherine Elle]: Telltale signs of a recall spell being cast
[14/08/12][20:31:57] [Katherine Elle]: As these two were unknowns, I kept myself at the ready
[14/08/12][20:32:08] [Katherine Elle]: I am familiar with most of the rangers, and all of the Guardians
[14/08/12][20:32:15] [Katherine Elle]: The only two groups I would have expected to be in the area
[14/08/12][20:32:20] [Katherine Elle]: And knew that these did not belong to either
[14/08/12][20:32:35] [Katherine Elle]: The two were a woman and a man who after a moment identified themselves as Armand and Merida
[14/08/12][20:32:46] [Katherine Elle]: And went on to mention their nobility titles here in the city of Britain
[14/08/12][20:32:51] [Katherine Elle]: As if that would somehow explain their presence.
[14/08/12][20:33:09] [Katherine Elle]: Still unsure of who the traumatized young woman was referring to with this 'He' talk
[14/08/12][20:33:21] [Katherine Elle]: I naturally was left to assume that the appearance of a man to the precise...
[14/08/12][20:33:31] [Katherine Elle]: Location where this woman was told to wait or else had to be related
[14/08/12][20:33:49] [Katherine Elle]: As such, when Armand started to approach the woman, I attempted to interpose myself.
[14/08/12][20:33:59] [Katherine Elle]: I told them that they should not get any closer to them until we could sort things out
[14/08/12][20:34:11] [Katherine Elle]: They summarily ignored me, with Merida remarking 'And who are you that we should care?'
[14/08/12][20:34:18] [Raziel Blackmont]: *its beside Tserim to absorb his greatness*
[14/08/12][20:34:21] [Katrina Hawkins]: *scribbles more notes*
[14/08/12][20:34:43] [Katherine Elle]: Since this was ranger territory and I had no standing to my knowledge to claim jurisdiction
[14/08/12][20:35:07] [Katherine Elle]: I responded only with "I'm who's trying to protect this girl, and that's all you need to know."
[14/08/12][20:35:40] [Katherine Elle]: I was hesitant to engage the two, as their combat abilities were unknown to me
[14/08/12][20:35:43] [Katherine Elle]: And I was outnumbered
[14/08/12][20:35:55] [Katherine Elle]: Had it been a simple fight, I could have likely prevailed, but the added complication...
[14/08/12][20:36:07] [Katherine Elle]: Of attempting to watch over the girl introduced an element I could not control
[14/08/12][20:36:17] [Katherine Elle]: As such, I attempted to intimidate them into backing off, to stall for time until someone else...
[14/08/12][20:36:23] [Katherine Elle]: Involved with the search might stumble upon us
[14/08/12][20:36:24] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:36:40] [Katherine Elle]: I drew my kryss when they stepped closer again, and Armand, the more dangerous looking of the tw
[14/08/12][20:36:56] [Katherine Elle]: two, squared off with me in a 'readied' manner, but not an immediately threatening one
[14/08/12][20:37:13] [Katherine Elle]: Merida summarily ignored all my remarks or attempts to stop her after this point
[14/08/12][20:37:25] [Katherine Elle]: Armand continued to insist that as nobles, this girl was their responsibility
[14/08/12][20:37:41] [Katherine Elle]: While he did, I tried to remaneuver to cover her, but he blocked my path, and though...
[14/08/12][20:37:55] [Katherine Elle]: I could have likely cut him down, Merida was within a single strides distance of the girl
[14/08/12][20:38:04] [Katherine Elle]: And would have been able to kill her in retaliation
[14/08/12][20:38:13] [Katherine Elle]: Again, I was under the assumption that they were the culprits.
[14/08/12][20:38:36] [Katherine Elle]: As Armand spoke, I kept my eye mostly on Merida, watching for any hostile move, and hoping if...
[14/08/12][20:38:44] [Katherine Elle]: It came to it a thrown dagger might buy the time I needed
[14/08/12][20:39:06] [Katherine Elle]: Merida spoke to the girl,a nd started to tell her what her name was, who she was, where she...
[14/08/12][20:39:14] [Katherine Elle]: Was from...The girl denied all these statements.
[14/08/12][20:39:21] [Katherine Elle]: She said 'No, that's not my name! Stop confusing me!'
[14/08/12][20:39:49] [Katherine Elle]: She began to grow more and more uneasy with every statement Merida spoke
[14/08/12][20:40:08] [Katherine Elle]: I believe now that it is likely
[14/08/12][20:40:14] [Katherine Elle]: This girl had spent time in captivity around these two
[14/08/12][20:40:20] [Katherine Elle]: And they had done their best to 'program' her
[14/08/12][20:40:25] [Katherine Elle]: Convincing her she was someone she was not
[14/08/12][20:40:54] [Katherine Elle]: Incensed and angry, I quickly dashed forward, spinning past Armand and dropping into a combat...
[14/08/12][20:40:55] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][20:40:59] [King Blackthorn]: *scribbles another note*
[14/08/12][20:41:10] [Katherine Elle]: stance, intending to defend the girl, and I told them they had one more chance to leave.
[14/08/12][20:41:23] [Katherine Elle]: However, in doing so, I placed myself very near to the girl
[14/08/12][20:41:35] [Katherine Elle]: Upon seeing my poisoned kryss, she shrieked, a piercing tortured wail
[14/08/12][20:42:02] [Katherine Elle]: Screaming something to the effect of "It's just like his! Just like what he used!"
[14/08/12][20:42:20] [Katherine Elle]: She was quickly growing unstable, and I could see that both Armand and Merida were looking..
[14/08/12][20:42:33] [Katherine Elle]: To each other, and seeming to act as if they were readying to coordinate an attack.
[14/08/12][20:42:57] [Katherine Elle]: With the girl in a state of panic, screaming and shaking, I wasn't sure if I could deal with both...
[14/08/12][20:43:10] [Katherine Elle]: of them, especially as any sign of violence might trigger some kind of event in the girl.
[14/08/12][20:43:35] [Katherine Elle]: It was possible even if I managed to dispatch them both, it would harm the girl worse
[14/08/12][20:43:40] [Katherine Elle]: than anything the two might do.
[14/08/12][20:44:16] [King Blackthorn]: At this time...
[14/08/12][20:44:23] [King Blackthorn]: Just for clarification
[14/08/12][20:44:25] [Katherine Elle]: Yes, your regency?
[14/08/12][20:44:34] [King Blackthorn]: It was still only the four of you?
[14/08/12][20:44:38] [Katherine Elle]: That's correct.
[14/08/12][20:44:42] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:44:48] [King Blackthorn]: Thank you. Please continue.
[14/08/12][20:44:53] [Katherine Elle]: By your leave.
[14/08/12][20:45:09] [Katherine Elle]: Stuck in the precarious situation, and realizing at any moment it might turn for the worse...
[14/08/12][20:45:25] [Katherine Elle]: And knowing that I could gather the rangers in but a moment if I was quick enough...
[14/08/12][20:45:34] [Katherine Elle]: I reluctantly stepped aside.
[14/08/12][20:45:50] [Katherine Elle]: I am still not sure if it was the right decision, but at the time it seemed the only action.
[14/08/12][20:46:07] [Katherine Elle]: I watched for another moment before quickly running back to Olympus, sprinting as I could
[14/08/12][20:46:18] [Katherine Elle]: And returning to Galehaven Tavern where I had last seen some of the Rangers
[14/08/12][20:46:30] [Katherine Elle]: Upon arrival I informed them of the situation, and they said they were going to look
[14/08/12][20:46:46] [Katherine Elle]: As such, and with it being their territory and jurisdiction, and knowing that my kryss..
[14/08/12][20:46:56] [Katherine Elle]: Seemed to have caused an unwanted reaction in the girl, I did not accompany them.
[14/08/12][20:47:20] [Katherine Elle]: Ah, as a point of clarification...
[14/08/12][20:47:32] [Katherine Elle]: The girl identified herself as Iona; Merida claimed her name was something else.
[14/08/12][20:47:50] [Katherine Elle]: Due to my split attention and the way Armand was talking over her...
[14/08/12][20:47:55] [Katherine Elle]: I did not hear the full name I am afraid.
[14/08/12][20:48:19] [King Blackthorn]: Ameila, perhaps?
[14/08/12][20:48:47] [Katherine Elle]: It could have been Amy, possibly. As I said, their voices were competing at the moment.
[14/08/12][20:48:52] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:49:10] [Katherine Elle]: Are there any points on which I can offer clarification, Your regency?
[14/08/12][20:49:18] [King Blackthorn]: A few, yes.
[14/08/12][20:49:30] [King Blackthorn]: You have no further knowledge of where the girl was taken to from that forest?
[14/08/12][20:49:56] [Katherine Elle]: While I cannot state for certain what happened after I left to fetch the rangers
[14/08/12][20:50:13] [Katherine Elle]: Both of them declared themselves as nobles of Britain, but they mentioned Umbra on three...
[14/08/12][20:50:23] [Katherine Elle]: occasions during the back and forth.
[14/08/12][20:50:45] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:51:27] [King Blackthorn]: You mentioned that at a certain point, they took up a position that *might* have indicated
[14/08/12][20:51:35] [Dragonfly]: so shal we go look around in umbra then\
[14/08/12][20:51:49] [King Blackthorn]: a hostile action, but that you did not feel they would do so.
[14/08/12][20:51:59] [Katherine Elle]: Yes, your regency. To explain a bit further...
[14/08/12][20:52:16] [Katherine Elle]: Part of my training has been to read peoples actions; the placement of ones feet...
[14/08/12][20:52:25] [Katherine Elle]: The cant of a head, the position of hands
[14/08/12][20:52:37] [Katherine Elle]: Armand 'Squared off' in such a way that his feet were planted in a ready stance
[14/08/12][20:52:50] [Katherine Elle]: The type that would instantly transition into an offensive stance
[14/08/12][20:52:56] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:53:19] [Katherine Elle]: Despite this, I had no proof that they were what I suspected
[14/08/12][20:53:31] [Katherine Elle]: And I thought it best not to summarily stab a nobleman.
[14/08/12][20:53:40] [King Blackthorn]: *stifles a grin*
[14/08/12][20:53:53] [King Blackthorn]: You mentioned their use of magic for transport...
[14/08/12][20:54:00] [King Blackthorn]: Did they seem otherwise armed?
[14/08/12][20:54:15] [Katherine Elle]: No, but as point of fact, your guard requested I disarm myself when I came in
[14/08/12][20:54:32] [Katherine Elle]: He asked me to relinquish my kryss and my dagger at my opposite hip
[14/08/12][20:54:48] [Katherine Elle]: But I have on my person no less than fourteen other lethal weapons, concealed from view...
[14/08/12][20:54:53] [Katherine Elle]: But almost all of which are readily accessible.
[14/08/12][20:55:18] [Katherine Elle]: As such, I am aware that just because a person does not have a blade in hand...
[14/08/12][20:55:21] [Katherine Elle]: Does not mean they are not armed.
[14/08/12][20:55:31] [King Blackthorn]: Of course.
[14/08/12][20:55:36] [King Blackthorn]: And...
[14/08/12][20:55:41] [King Blackthorn]: *raises voice slightly*
[14/08/12][20:55:56] [King Blackthorn]: I may remind everyone that since the incident involving Relvinian's incursion into the Castle
[14/08/12][20:56:18] [King Blackthorn]: I have improved my security in some rather...imaginitive ways.
[14/08/12][20:56:19] [King Blackthorn]: *smiles*
[14/08/12][20:56:31] [Katherine Elle]: I would have expected no less, your Excellency.
[14/08/12][20:56:42] [King Blackthorn]: Neither carried a large blade, though?
[14/08/12][20:56:44] [King Blackthorn]: This is correct?
[14/08/12][20:56:57] [Katherine Elle]: Not in sight, but there are ways to conceal such when one is wearing a cloak
[14/08/12][20:57:10] [King Blackthorn]: Of course.
[14/08/12][20:57:29] [King Blackthorn]: Thank you, Senator Elle. Is there anything else you wish to add at this time?
[14/08/12][20:58:03] [Katherine Elle]: Yes, your excellency, only one other comment
[14/08/12][20:58:08] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:58:29] [Katherine Elle]: I feel it might be worth your time to possibly inform the nobles of Britain and the other cities
[14/08/12][20:58:55] [Katherine Elle]: That nobility does not grant them powers of extradition, arrest, or jurisdiction wherever they...
[14/08/12][20:58:58] [Katherine Elle]: So find themselves.
[14/08/12][20:59:11] [Katherine Elle]: As these two, regardless of whether they are kidnappers as I believe they may be...
[14/08/12][20:59:15] [Katherine Elle]: Or liberators as they may claim...
[14/08/12][20:59:23] [Katherine Elle]: Seemed to understand their titles to mean.
[14/08/12][20:59:35] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][20:59:43] [King Blackthorn]: I shall take your suggestion under advisement.
[14/08/12][20:59:48] [Katherine Elle]: I thank you for lending your ear, Your Excellency.
[14/08/12][21:00:01] [King Blackthorn]: Thank you for your statements.
[14/08/12][21:00:08] [King Blackthorn]: You may have a seat.
[14/08/12][21:00:09] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:00:12] [Katherine Elle]: By your leave.
[14/08/12][21:00:15] [King Blackthorn]: *raises voice a little*
[14/08/12][21:00:26] [King Blackthorn]: I thank you all for your patience as well, especially those of you who
[14/08/12][21:00:50] [King Blackthorn]: who are not part of the current matter.
[14/08/12][21:01:19] [King Blackthorn]: I have thorough statements from Merida and Armand, and now from Katherine Elle of Olympus.
[14/08/12][21:01:42] [King Blackthorn]: Many of their statements confirm each other, while obviously, others conflict.
[14/08/12][21:02:04] [King Blackthorn]: It is my understanding, however, that a few of the Rangers of Spiritwood wish to speak
[14/08/12][21:02:15] [King Blackthorn]: As they have been implicated in this discussion.
[14/08/12][21:02:34] [King Blackthorn]: Rather than have all speak one by one, I ask to hear from one representative voice.
[14/08/12][21:02:41] [Eodain]: *looks across table*
[14/08/12][21:02:55] [King Blackthorn]: *looks to Corinna*
[14/08/12][21:03:00] [King Blackthorn]: Would that be you?
[14/08/12][21:03:06] [King Blackthorn]: Please approach if so.
[14/08/12][21:03:10] [Corinna]: Yes, my king.
[14/08/12][21:03:28] [King Blackthorn]: What is it you would add to this discussion as it stands?
[14/08/12][21:03:59] [Corinna]: With respect to this discussion, just two brief things.
[14/08/12][21:04:23] [Corinna]: 1 I was the one who had asked Governor Ouija to bring this matter before the crown.
[14/08/12][21:04:40] [King Blackthorn]: Ah.
[14/08/12][21:05:10] [Corinna]: I was confused why the Rangers of Spiritwood were never contacted to begin with
[14/08/12][21:05:18] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][21:05:19] [Corinna]: We've always respected the authority and jurisdiction of Umbra.
[14/08/12][21:05:28] [Corinna]: And have been asked to by them on previous occasions.
[14/08/12][21:05:55] [Katrina Hawkins]: *writes a few notes*
[14/08/12][21:06:00] [Corinna]: Yet we likely would never have been told about this if the Purple Guardians hadn't stumbled upon this incident.
[14/08/12][21:06:17] [Corinna]: I've yet to hear any explanation on that matter.
[14/08/12][21:06:32] [Corinna]: My second concern is a legal and jurisdictional one.
[14/08/12][21:06:37] [King Blackthorn]: Hold just a moment please.
[14/08/12][21:07:10] [King Blackthorn]: Aside from Govour Ouija's mention in the Council meeting, were there any attempts
[14/08/12][21:07:19] [King Blackthorn]: To address this with those in question?
[14/08/12][21:07:29] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:07:35] [Corinna]: My reasoning related to the second matter.
[14/08/12][21:07:42] [King Blackthorn]: Very good. Please continue then.
[14/08/12][21:07:53] [Corinna]: Thank you.
[14/08/12][21:08:11] [Corinna]: There seems to be a disturbing trend of there being little distinction between what is Britain and what is Umbra.
[14/08/12][21:08:21] [Corinna]: One is part of our kingdom, and one is not.
[14/08/12][21:08:32] [Corinna]: Yet they both have, for all intents and purposes, the same leadership.
[14/08/12][21:08:39] [Corinna]: Nobles who claim to be of both cities.
[14/08/12][21:08:54] [Corinna]: Some of my rangers have reported certain corrupt practices of Umbra.
[14/08/12][21:09:26] [Corinna]: Which concerns me in dealing with Britain, as it is essentially governed by the same group.
[14/08/12][21:09:46] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:09:50] [Corinna]: What is acceptable in Malas, however, is not acceptable in Britannia.
[14/08/12][21:10:12] [Corinna]: But we've witnessed them cover up killings, so why should I trust them about a kidnapping?
[14/08/12][21:10:34] [King Blackthorn]: Here is what I would have of you, then.
[14/08/12][21:10:35] [Corinna]: I hope that explains my position better.
[14/08/12][21:10:53] [King Blackthorn]: Indeed, your point is clear, and your concern is one not entirely unfounded.
[14/08/12][21:11:06] [King Blackthorn]: By which I mean I admit to sharing a small part of it myself.
[14/08/12][21:12:05] [King Blackthorn]: In the past, the leadership of this Kingdom made a decision that perhaps was...ill advised
[14/08/12][21:12:09] [King Blackthorn]: No matter how good the intention.
[14/08/12][21:12:29] [King Blackthorn]: In order to foster better relations with the people of Malas, citizens were encouraged to establish
[14/08/12][21:12:39] [King Blackthorn]: their own communities in the vicinities of Umbra and Luna.
[14/08/12][21:13:06] [King Blackthorn]: I recognize that I have citizens living there, and who consider these communities their home.
[14/08/12][21:13:15] [King Blackthorn]: It is for this reason that we maintain Town Guard regiments there.
[14/08/12][21:13:59] [King Blackthorn]: And while the familial connections between the nobles of Britain, and some who reside
[14/08/12][21:14:24] [King Blackthorn]: in or around Umbra may at times be problematic, I will not at this time deny
[14/08/12][21:14:31] [King Blackthorn]: that they are citizens of this Kingdom.
[14/08/12][21:14:34] [King Blackthorn]: However...
[14/08/12][21:15:02] [King Blackthorn]: I do share your concern when it comes to issues of leadership being...muddied...by these connections.
[14/08/12][21:15:24] [King Blackthorn]: I have made my stance on this quite clear in the past.
[14/08/12][21:15:46] [King Blackthorn]: Though it is obvious there are some things to still be worked out.
[14/08/12][21:16:22] [Corinna]: If I may, my king, even the investigation seemed conducted by two regiments with one voice.
[14/08/12][21:16:43] [King Blackthorn]: Perhaps.
[14/08/12][21:16:51] [King Blackthorn]: However, it need be noted...
[14/08/12][21:17:05] [King Blackthorn]: That the citizens of Britain elected their Governor in a fair election
[14/08/12][21:17:30] [King Blackthorn]: And the Town Guards of ANY city is open to multiple regiments, partly to keep balance.
[14/08/12][21:17:53] [King Blackthorn]: Long have we lived with strict ideas of Order
[14/08/12][21:18:12] [King Blackthorn]: With these elections, the citizenry now has a greater voice.
[14/08/12][21:18:25] [King Blackthorn]: And if that results in an elected official with ties that are so widely known...
[14/08/12][21:18:42] [King Blackthorn]: As I said, I have some doubts myself, and will continue to monitor it.
[14/08/12][21:19:02] [Corinna]: Of course, my king. I merely meant that at that council meeting, the Captain of the Umbra Guard made representations for Britain.
[14/08/12][21:19:09] [King Blackthorn]: *glances to notes*
[14/08/12][21:19:42] [Corinna]: Yet I believe it was the Britain Guard Captain who conducted the depositions.
[14/08/12][21:19:49] [King Blackthorn]: *shuffles through notes*
[14/08/12][21:20:02] [King Blackthorn]: As to your first point, I cannot remember, but I will have it recorded somewhere.
[14/08/12][21:20:10] [King Blackthorn]: But you would be right to be concerned if so.
[14/08/12][21:20:23] [Corinna]: I am quite certain Captain Kalamar spoke then.
[14/08/12][21:20:27] [King Blackthorn]: As to your second point, yes it was one of the Britain captains who took the statement.
[14/08/12][21:21:13] [King Blackthorn]: I shall review my notes, and will think on the matter.
[14/08/12][21:21:17] [Corinna]: I will not waste the crown's time further with this though. But briefly, I did have another matter to raise at this audience?
[14/08/12][21:21:23] [Corinna]: One unrelated?
[14/08/12][21:21:24] [King Blackthorn]: And address it as needed.
[14/08/12][21:21:38] [King Blackthorn]: Ah yes. I will call you forth once more to discuss that.
[14/08/12][21:21:49] [Corinna]: Thank you, my king.
[14/08/12][21:21:55] [King Blackthorn]: You may have a seat. Thank you.
[14/08/12][21:21:56] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:22:18] [King Blackthorn]: *sighs slightly, and steeples fingers in front of mouth*
[14/08/12][21:22:35] [King Blackthorn]: I wish to thank you all again for your patience
[14/08/12][21:23:03] [King Blackthorn]: And for the words of Katherine Elle of Olympus, as well as Corinna of the Rangers of Spiritwood.
[14/08/12][21:23:50] [King Blackthorn]: It is clear to me that what is required is for me to arrange for a seperate questioning
[14/08/12][21:23:56] [King Blackthorn]: Of the girl.
[14/08/12][21:24:23] [King Blackthorn]: I shall have Detective Thorpe begin that process as soon as he is available.
[14/08/12][21:24:45] [King Blackthorn]: I understand that this incident is also part of a greater concern that some of you have
[14/08/12][21:25:27] [King Blackthorn]: Understand that this will be addressed further, and as often as needed, in less dramatic fashion
[14/08/12][21:25:35] [King Blackthorn]: than we have become used to in this Chamber.
[14/08/12][21:25:37] [King Blackthorn]: *chuckles*
[14/08/12][21:25:45] [Piper]: *grins a bit*
[14/08/12][21:26:02] [King Blackthorn]: *looks about the room*
[14/08/12][21:26:11] [King Blackthorn]: Ah.
[14/08/12][21:26:42] [King Blackthorn]: Governor Thom. I have it here that you wished to speak, though the matter may be a sensitive one
[14/08/12][21:26:49] [King Blackthorn]: And best left to the end.
[14/08/12][21:26:54] [King Blackthorn]: Is this still the case?
[14/08/12][21:27:01] [Thom]: Yes sire

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[14/08/12][21:27:04] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:27:06] [King Blackthorn]: Very well.
[14/08/12][21:27:26] [King Blackthorn]: In that case, we shall be moving on.
[14/08/12][21:27:36] [King Blackthorn]: Gillian Wilkins of the Rangers of Spiritwood.
[14/08/12][21:27:47] [King Blackthorn]: My attendant has informed me that you wish to speak.
[14/08/12][21:27:56] [King Blackthorn]: Please approach.
[14/08/12][21:27:59] [King Blackthorn]: Ah, as you already have.
[14/08/12][21:28:00] [King Blackthorn]: *smiles*
[14/08/12][21:28:10] [Gillian Wilkins]: I try not to waste time, YOur Majesty
[14/08/12][21:28:12] [King Blackthorn]: What was it you wished to ask?
[14/08/12][21:28:26] [Gillian Wilkins]: I'm healer. A decently known one, in our region.
[14/08/12][21:28:59] [Gillian Wilkins]: The first matter is that I do believe the kingdom would benefit from a blood drive.
[14/08/12][21:29:21] [Gillian Wilkins]: I wish to set one up..
[14/08/12][21:29:23] [King Blackthorn]: *raises eyebrow*
[14/08/12][21:29:29] [King Blackthorn]: What would this entail?
[14/08/12][21:29:34] [Gillian Wilkins]: Donating of blood.
[14/08/12][21:29:43] [Gillian Wilkins]: Elves.. can only give to elves..
[14/08/12][21:29:45] [Gillian Wilkins]: and half elves..
[14/08/12][21:29:47] [Piper]: *blinks*
[14/08/12][21:29:49] [King Blackthorn]: To what end?
[14/08/12][21:29:52] [Gillian Wilkins]: While Gargoyles.. generally need their own.
[14/08/12][21:30:01] [Gillian Wilkins]: Community bonding.
[14/08/12][21:30:03] [Gillian Wilkins]: For one.
[14/08/12][21:30:15] [King Blackthorn]: *raises hand and waves slightly*
[14/08/12][21:30:16] [Gillian Wilkins]: With everytihng.. the regiments..
[14/08/12][21:30:18] [King Blackthorn]: No, no.
[14/08/12][21:30:24] [King Blackthorn]: I'm sorry, I mean what will the blood be used for?
[14/08/12][21:30:28] [Gillian Wilkins]: Oh..
[14/08/12][21:30:30] [Gillian Wilkins]: The regiments.
[14/08/12][21:30:37] [Piper]: *looks around with a brow quirked*
[14/08/12][21:30:45] [Gillian Wilkins]: Stock for injuries. Your Majesty.
[14/08/12][21:30:50] [Gillian Wilkins]: Magic only heals so much.
[14/08/12][21:30:55] [Gillian Wilkins]: Even bandages.. collecting them.
[14/08/12][21:30:57] [Gillian Wilkins]: Would help.
[14/08/12][21:31:01] [Gillian Wilkins]: I mean, I can arrange this..
[14/08/12][21:31:09] [Gillian Wilkins]: I just thought you would like to know.
[14/08/12][21:31:28] [King Blackthorn]: Ah. So by a blood drive you simply mean to gather healing supplies?
[14/08/12][21:31:36] [Gillian Wilkins]: Yes sire.
[14/08/12][21:31:59] [Gillian Wilkins]: It was done.. regularly for awhile.
[14/08/12][21:32:04] [King Blackthorn]: *seems slightly relieved*
[14/08/12][21:32:17] [Gillian Wilkins]: For example..
[14/08/12][21:32:22] [Gillian Wilkins]: I assist in Trinsic at times.
[14/08/12][21:32:32] [Gillian Wilkins]: And they require supplies..
[14/08/12][21:32:36] [Gillian Wilkins]: As does Skara.
[14/08/12][21:32:42] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:32:45] [Gillian Wilkins]: We have a case currently.. of an ill healer there..
[14/08/12][21:32:56] [Gillian Wilkins]: So with you rpermission?
[14/08/12][21:32:59] [Gillian Wilkins]: *permission.
[14/08/12][21:33:02] [Gillian Wilkins]: I'll arrange this?
[14/08/12][21:33:17] [King Blackthorn]: This sounds like a noble effort.
[14/08/12][21:33:32] [King Blackthorn]: Please, provide my attendant with further information of what you have in mind.
[14/08/12][21:33:39] [Gillian Wilkins]: Yes Sire.
[14/08/12][21:33:40] [Gillian Wilkins]: Secondly
[14/08/12][21:33:43] [Gillian Wilkins]: Tokuno...
[14/08/12][21:33:56] [Gillian Wilkins]: When I first arrived in skara.. we set out to see about them..
[14/08/12][21:34:02] [Gillian Wilkins]: And nothing, that I know of...
[14/08/12][21:34:05] [Gillian Wilkins]: has happened since..
[14/08/12][21:34:15] [King Blackthorn]: Ah yes.
[14/08/12][21:34:20] [Gillian Wilkins]: apart from an overly procreation actiove criminal.
[14/08/12][21:34:23] [Gillian Wilkins]: *active
[14/08/12][21:34:26] [Gillian Wilkins]: So..
[14/08/12][21:34:34] [Gillian Wilkins]: Could we continue this effort?
[14/08/12][21:34:35] [King Blackthorn]: I have indeed sent healers there, but more could be done, this is true.
[14/08/12][21:34:48] [Gillian Wilkins]: I would be willing to volunteer?
[14/08/12][21:34:58] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:35:23] [King Blackthorn]: It may interest you to know, that in one of their proposals for the new branch of Guards
[14/08/12][21:35:45] [King Blackthorn]: Captain Kanlocke and Lieutenant Jeffrey discussed having a special unit of healers.
[14/08/12][21:36:05] [King Blackthorn]: I believe they intend to move forward with this idea.
[14/08/12][21:36:15] [Gillian Wilkins]: Excellent!
[14/08/12][21:36:15] [King Blackthorn]: Of course, it may take you away from some of your duties as a Ranger.
[14/08/12][21:36:21] [King Blackthorn]: But it is something to keep in mind.
[14/08/12][21:36:41] [King Blackthorn]: In the meantime, give written notice to my attendant what you have in mind
[14/08/12][21:36:52] [Gillian Wilkins]: Thank you, Sire.
[14/08/12][21:36:52] [King Blackthorn]: for your "blood drive."
[14/08/12][21:37:15] [King Blackthorn]: And I shall see of what use we could find for you, and other healers, in Tokuno.
[14/08/12][21:37:28] [King Blackthorn]: The Empress would be most grateful.
[14/08/12][21:37:49] [King Blackthorn]: Was there anything else?
[14/08/12][21:37:56] [Gillian Wilkins]: No, sire.
[14/08/12][21:38:11] [King Blackthorn]: *nods*
[14/08/12][21:38:17] [King Blackthorn]: Then thank you for your initiative. You may have a seat.
[14/08/12][21:38:31] [King Blackthorn]: *looks to schedule once more*
[14/08/12][21:38:43] [King Blackthorn]: *looks up to Corinna*
[14/08/12][21:38:57] [King Blackthorn]: Corinna. I believe you had another matter to discuss.
[14/08/12][21:39:00] [King Blackthorn]: Please approach.
[14/08/12][21:39:11] [Corinna]: Yes, my king.
[14/08/12][21:39:22] [Corinna]: As you might recall, the Rangers of Spiritwood took custody of Xuri of Tokuno.
[14/08/12][21:39:29] [Corinna]: The former partner of Xanthus.
[14/08/12][21:39:35] [King Blackthorn]: Of course.
[14/08/12][21:39:56] [Corinna]: The crown had advised us to hold her but wait for further direction regarding any punishment for her transgressions.
[14/08/12][21:40:09] [King Blackthorn]: Yes...
[14/08/12][21:40:13] [King Blackthorn]: *nods slowly*
[14/08/12][21:40:24] [Corinna]: She's remained at our prison since that time.
[14/08/12][21:40:36] [Corinna]: There was an escape attempt by another prisoner, and she was broken out.
[14/08/12][21:40:42] [Corinna]: However, she returned of her own volition.
[14/08/12][21:40:53] [King Blackthorn]: *raises eyebrow*
[14/08/12][21:40:58] [King Blackthorn]: That is...interesting.
[14/08/12][21:41:08] [King Blackthorn]: Why would she leave, and then return?
[14/08/12][21:41:14] [Corinna]: And I've been advised by one of my rangers that she genuinely seeks to better herself.
[14/08/12][21:41:25] [Corinna]: I don't know if she had a choice in leaving.
[14/08/12][21:41:32] [Corinna]: There were a handful of prisoners broken out that night.
[14/08/12][21:41:37] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][21:41:58] [King Blackthorn]: Have you had luck tracking any of them down?
[14/08/12][21:41:59] [Corinna]: She returned as soon as it was over.
[14/08/12][21:42:18] [Corinna]: And it's not a matter I would seek to trouble the crown with, unelss requested to.
[14/08/12][21:42:21] [King Blackthorn]: Hm.
[14/08/12][21:42:37] [Corinna]: We know who was responsible. It's a guild of thieves.
[14/08/12][21:42:49] [King Blackthorn]: *raises eyebrow*
[14/08/12][21:42:57] [King Blackthorn]: Have you spoken with Detective Thorpe, recently?
[14/08/12][21:43:07] [Corinna]: I must confess, I have not.
[14/08/12][21:43:20] [Corinna]: Perhaps I should submit a report on our dealings with them.
[14/08/12][21:43:29] [King Blackthorn]: I have not heard his early brief in its entirety, but it sounds as though
[14/08/12][21:43:44] [King Blackthorn]: You may want to speak with him, or any who have assisted in his current case.
[14/08/12][21:43:44] [Eodain]: *leans forward elbows on knees*
[14/08/12][21:44:05] [King Blackthorn]: It may be nothing, but perhaps there is a connection.
[14/08/12][21:44:38] [King Blackthorn]: In regards to Xuri.
[14/08/12][21:45:09] [King Blackthorn]: Initially I was of a mind to simply bring her back to Tokuno when we next sent supplies
[14/08/12][21:45:36] [King Blackthorn]: To Zento where we are assisting the Empire with their current medical problems.
[14/08/12][21:46:03] [King Blackthorn]: However, it seems there is a chance she may be of some use to us.
[14/08/12][21:46:20] [King Blackthorn]: Hold her a bit longer. Thorpe will want to speak with her.
14/08/12][21:46:48] [Corinna]: We shallddo so.
[14/08/12][21:46:57] [King Blackthorn]: We may need to transport her, but we shall cross that bridge
as we come to it.
[14/08/12][21:47:04] [King Blackthorn]: Was there anything else?
[14/08/12][21:47:24] [Corinna]: Nothing further, my king. Thank you.
[14/08/12][21:47:30] [King Blackthorn]: Then I thank you.
[14/08/12][21:47:33] [King Blackthorn]: You may have a seat.
[14/08/12][21:47:45] [King Blackthorn]: *glances at timepiece*
[14/08/12][21:47:59] [King Blackthorn]: The hour grows late, and I yet have one more audience that has been requested.
[14/08/12][21:48:20] [King Blackthorn]: Before that, are there any gathered who wish to speak before me?
[14/08/12][21:48:26] [King Blackthorn]: In a VERY brief manner?
[14/08/12][21:48:28] [King Blackthorn]: *chuckles*
[14/08/12][21:48:52] [King Blackthorn]: None?
[14/08/12][21:48:57] [King Blackthorn]: *looks around Council Chamber*
[14/08/12][21:49:03] [Katrina Hawkins]: *shakes her head*
[14/08/12][21:49:06] [King Blackthorn]: Very well.
[14/08/12][21:49:31] [King Blackthorn]: Then I thank you all for coming this evening, especially those who had no desire but
[14/08/12][21:49:41] [King Blackthorn]: to be informed of the affairs of the Kingdom.
[14/08/12][21:50:13] [King Blackthorn]: I shall be taking my final audience in private, so I bid you all a good evening.
[14/08/12][21:50:18] [King Blackthorn]: And wish you safe travels home.
[14/08/12][21:50:20] [King Blackthorn]: Thank you again.
[14/08/12][21:50:37] [Alfonso]: *salutes*
[14/08/12][21:50:44] [King Blackthorn]: *shuffles through notes, organizing papers*
[14/08/12][21:50:48] [Piper]: *stands, taking her helmet*
[14/08/12][21:51:04] [Katrina Hawkins]: *still scribbling notes*
[14/08/12][21:51:27] [Eodain]: *stretches*
[14/08/12][21:51:38] [King Blackthorn]: *glances to Governor Thom and motions towards the door to the orchard*

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh this is rather golden isn't it. The debate of what's a personal attack and what is actual RP. Simple guideline that I usually follow, if they complain about it in an ICQ or trillion or whatever they use to you or your guildies and then in a space of about 48 hours attack you based on a premise that's not normal to a characters persona that has been established, it may be a personal attack, I say may be because it's not always. Anything else is usually just RP, if you take everything personnally you aren't really playing the game as much as holding up a giant shield with a target on it for more people to basically say, "They aren't fun to play with let's just ignore them.". As an expert in MMO Apathy, yes I've become an expert because I really don't care, Just play the game and get over yourself not everything is going to be about you and you have to deal with it. If the world revolved around you you'd be the sun and you'd still have to obey the pull of the black hole in the center of the universe, thinking it was out to get you.

So the summary of my little spiel is this, If a character says something, accuses, or generally dislikes your character it doesn't mean the player is out to get you it means the character has an opinion on current events based on the knowledge they are provided at the time.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Katherine Elle, great rp interaction there. I actually found myself caught up in the discussion and interested in the progression. I also find that it was reported on accurately and well by Katrina. The king needs a few acting lessons, see me after class one day and I will work with you a bit.

I do not understand how what to me reads as very good RP caused any sort of consternation that had to be brought into OOC. What I am reading from Spiritwood and Olympus tempts me to spend a night or two in Sosaria again soon. Thank you Tom for posting the conversation.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off Katherine Elle, great rp interaction there. I actually found myself caught up in the discussion and interested in the progression. I also find that it was reported on accurately and well by Katrina. The king needs a few acting lessons, see me after class one day and I will work with you a bit.

I do not understand how what to me reads as very good RP caused any sort of consternation that had to be brought into OOC. What I am reading from Spiritwood and Olympus tempts me to spend a night or two in Sosaria again soon. Thank you Tom for posting the conversation.
Your welcome Aedon. Sorry it took so long but I've been on 3rd shift for a while now. Sleep got in the way haha. What this really boils down to in the long run is jumping to conclusions without all the facts. A short summary of a meeting isn't going to get you all the information, and when your looking for a reason to think someone is out to get you... well it's really difficult not to find something if you look hard enough for it.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your welcome Aedon. Sorry it took so long but I've been on 3rd shift for a while now. Sleep got in the way haha. What this really boils down to in the long run is jumping to conclusions without all the facts. A short summary of a meeting isn't going to get you all the information, and when your looking for a reason to think someone is out to get you... well it's really difficult not to find something if you look hard enough for it.
This is so true. And no worries about the time, I know what work crunch and need for sleep is like.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Best thread we have had in a long time on the Catskills forum!!! :drama:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree to some extent..... I love to see people speaking passionately about their game. I have always felt there is room for many different play styles, opinions, and story lines....but what was most important was passion.

Sometimes passion goes to far....I was guilty of that in the past and I have attempt to mend some of those bridges this time around.

I find professional role players intimidating at times....but I enjoy interacting with them.... But I can see how intense discussion or drama of this sort might drive some away.

Oh and flutter....great new sig,.... You got skills girl

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the rbg of umbra was present at the deposition of armand & merida, not the deposition of amelia & emiko, but the rbg of skara brae was present at both... & i kicked out anyone that was a) not immediately involved or b) not part of the rbg as a whole. are u saying that was conducted inappropriately? i asked both tserim & mylar if they had questions of the subjects, which they did & surely asked them & were answered & at the end i asked if they had any further questions. i think i handled that with absolute professionalism. tserim & mylar were great! i thought that was a great rp event that included all three regiments of the rbg, the actual rbg. afterall this was rbg business.

kodoz, it was u that took it ooc when u clearly went ooc during our interaction at skara brae, we did not break character --- u did to once again insult they way we rp. then proceeded 2 insult pandy (she was on jade) by telling her we do not deserve 2 call ourselves rp'ers bcuz we dont rp the way u do & that we do not deserve 2 be on this shard in a public chat channel. did u not? so it was u that took it ooc, sir not us. we just defended ourselves. shall i pull out the screen shots?

& btw, we did not recall into the spot... we actually went to skara brae through the crystal portal & rode our chargers around for a while looking for her & looking for the description that astoria had provided us. so ur memory cannot be trusted.

:drama:

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I find questionable in this whole matter was the termination of war status, which from what I can tell was not handled very well. Spontaneous RP leading to PVP.. a rare occurrence and the golden dream of most roleplayers that I know; the thing that we're all waiting for while sitting in taverns twiddling our thumbs and drinking virtual beer. Had Katherine taken the girl, it would have led to a completely separate series of events, all of it fuel for RP flame from which we all warm ourselves.

Rather in this timeline what we have is a case taken to the governor's council and the king, driven by its own kind of (good) drama with a bit of passion and politics to spice things up, a result which I am no less pleased to see. I genuinely hope nobody thinks this is an "OOC attack". With that said there is certainly no denying that there is some tension surrounding all of this. I wish that that tension did not exist and I wish Pandora didn't feel like she was being "roped in" to interacting with us. I wish there was something I could do about all of this but I'm not really sure what, so I'll just click "Post Reply" and hope that we'll all be sitting in a tavern together soon after cooled heads prevail.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the rbg of umbra was present at the deposition of armand & merida, not the deposition of amelia & emiko, but the rbg of skara brae was present at both... & i kicked out anyone that was a) not immediately involved or b) not part of the rbg as a whole. are u saying that was conducted inappropriately? i asked both tserim & mylar if they had questions of the subjects, which they did & surely asked them & were answered & at the end i asked if they had any further questions. i think i handled that with absolute professionalism. tserim & mylar were great! i thought that was a great rp event that included all three regiments of the rbg, the actual rbg. afterall this was rbg business.
Player of Armand, these are all interesting issues that can lead to some interesting interaction, intrigue, and politics, between all of our characters. I sincerely hope that if and when your RBG character learns of what transpired at the most recent King's audience, he will pursue these issues with the same passion you are doing so here on the boards. If his beliefs at all reflect yours, it sounds like he might have some good arguments!

And while I wasn't able to attend, I also heard good things about the deposition event that you and Pandora went out of your way to invite us to. Which, now that I think about it, makes Pandora's earlier claim in this thread about forced interaction and wanting nothing to do with us seem rather odd. Then again, I do realize that sometimes people can resort to hyperbole when they're upset or arguing so I'm not taking it too seriously.

But all of this just proves my point of letting the characters hash out their character arguments -- taking it to the player/board level doesn't seem to accomplish all that much.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
And while I wasn't able to attend, I also heard good things about the deposition event that you and Pandora went out of your way to invite us to. Which, now that I think about it, makes Pandora's earlier claim in this thread about forced interaction and wanting nothing to do with us seem rather odd. Then again, I do realize that sometimes people can resort to hyperbole when they're upset or arguing so I'm not taking it too seriously.
what pandy stated was that the whole thing was made into a huge mountain when it was a molehill between 2 guild, cod & pgoh. it was never against u ppl. u folks werent even there & frankly that area is sooo far south of skara brae that to me it just didnt include u guys at all (that was before i knew u guys had more than 1 outpost, honestly i've always gone 2 the one by skara brae & hardly ever see folks there, but i guess its the wrong one). we were basically dragged into this whole thing against our own will, the depositions were a way for us to set the record straight. honestly u guys do not know what really happened during the cod/pgoh encounter. but u certainly were there 2 see the crap that went on in public chat channel, no? maybe u didnt know that insults were thrown at us ooc by kodoz/katherine & thats why we roared so.

when ppl insult us, we defend ourselves. ppl have the assumption that we're scripted, why? because we plan scenarios & schedule times for us to be online (mind u we dont plan the outcomes of said scenarios just a time & day 2 be online because we're busy ppl irl)? because we're really different from you? because we write our character biographies based on a book series? because we use our website 2 tell our stories past the confines of this game? i dont get it. organic rp (the kind u find out in the world) or planned rp (the kind that is structured and planned ahead) doesnt matter how u slice it, its rp. period the end. the very same thing u guys beat ur chest about is exactly what u are denying us. just like u say that u wont change ur rp for anyone, the same can be said for us or do u think it doesnt apply 2 us because we're somehow inferior? even in the way u address us, its like we're inferior.

i get nothing but that feeling from all of u, like all of u (even those of u that no longer really play much)... that we're somehow inferior because we're different. now i understand why certain old guilds chose to keep to themselves, never leaving the confines of their own cities, because that's certainly looking far more attractive for us now a days. we're really considering taking that very same route & u'll be done w/ us.

btw, its adam. my name is adam.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what pandy stated was that the whole thing was made into a huge mountain when it was a molehill between 2 guild, cod & pgoh. it was never against u ppl. u folks werent even there & frankly that area is sooo far south of skara brae that to me it just didnt include u guys at all (that was before i knew u guys had more than 1 outpost, honestly i've always gone 2 the one by skara brae & hardly ever see folks there, but i guess its the wrong one). we were basically dragged into this whole thing against our own will, the depositions were a way for us to set the record straight. honestly u guys do not know what really happened during the cod/pgoh encounter. but u certainly were there 2 see the crap that went on in public chat channel, no? maybe u didnt know that insults were thrown at us ooc by kodoz/katherine & thats why we roared so.

when ppl insult us, we defend ourselves. ppl have the assumption that we're scripted, why? because we plan scenarios & schedule times for us to be online (mind u we dont plan the outcomes of said scenarios just a time & day 2 be online because we're busy ppl irl)? because we're really different from you? because we write our character biographies based on a book series? because we use our website 2 tell our stories past the confines of this game? i dont get it. organic rp (the kind u find out in the world) or planned rp (the kind that is structured and planned ahead) doesnt matter how u slice it, its rp. period the end. the very same thing u guys beat ur chest about is exactly what u are denying us. just like u say that u wont change ur rp for anyone, the same can be said for us or do u think it doesnt apply 2 us because we're somehow inferior? even in the way u address us, its like we're inferior.

i get nothing but that feeling from all of u, like all of u (even those of u that no longer really play much)... that we're somehow inferior because we're different. now i understand why certain old guilds chose to keep to themselves, never leaving the confines of their own cities, because that's certainly looking far more attractive for us now a days. we're really considering taking that very same route & u'll be done w/ us.

btw, its adam. my name is adam.
I'd rather refer to you as Player of Armand. I don't even refer to my parents by their first names.

I can certainly understand *why* Pandora is so sensitive, given the amount of criticism (sometimes warranted, sometime unwarranted) that she receives. On the other hand, it is a direct consequence of seeking center-stage and trying to assuming such a public role on the shard. Also, sometimes in life, when you keep experiencing the same reactions over and over again from different people, it's time to look inwards and ask why that might be.

Nonetheless, no one is asking you to change your role-playing or your fiction. People are just asking you not to assume that every in-character conflict is player-hate-motivated. That's all.

You also open up more possibilities that way. Example: What if Corinna is secretly a manipulative villain trying to usurp the king by pitting his closest allies against each other? Or Katherine was actually intending to level Spiritwood so she can put up a giant shopping mall on behalf of multinational PGOH INC., and picked a fight with Armand and Merida in order to eliminate the witnesses? Obviously these are extreme and ridiculous examples (well, maybe not so much with Corinna *wink, wink*) but my point is that by placing the burden on proving you are not ooc-motivated, you end up missing out on a lot of the fun or mystery of characters interactions. In real life, we have no idea what other people are thinking or if they mean what they say, and I think that channeling aspect of human interaction that into role-playing makes it more interesting. I *hate* knowing the motivations of other characters and/or the behind the curtain aspects of player-driven story lines. But as someone with nearly a decade of UO-RP/GM experience, I've accepted that I often have to be in the know to coordinate things behind the scenes. Since my return to Catskills late last year, I've really enjoyed the opportunities I've had to be in the dark on a player-level, like with the Xanthus stuff. And just to clarify, I am not accusing you or Pandora of feeling any differently on this issue, I'm just trying to support my assertion that I think it's a bad idea to assume/debate character motivations on an OOC level. Plus, it leads to everyone hating each other.

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Let's start with the RBG only thing... Where was RBG Trinsic during any of it? Ludes.... Thom?.. Because I mean Ludes is Captain right, and he reports to the Governor.. For that matter where was an underling for them. So she did go out of her way to make sure no one knew all the facts. And the person who was there, Katherine's guild.. was excluded. Now that too is being handled IC.

None of us are beating our chest about "Planned rp".. actually, we're really clear on the fact that is what you are after. What I see is that you don't want anything that might change your outcome or make you deal with someone who screws with your timeline. Which is fine.. but yes.. that needs to be done in private.. in your houses.. on a private mode. The Point of RP is interaction. And again.. Pick a side.. either be public and willing to do so.. Or go away. I, myself.. would interact gladly. But none of us.. are going to keep taking this... "Well it's this way cause I say it is".. YOU can play it however you like..It's your character. We can choose to believe it and follow or to argue the points.. or to go to the king.. or even plot to put snails in your bed... if we so choose to.

Additionally, This.. is a discussion.. I haven't seen anyone be insulting ... Yet. So sensitive doesn't even begin to cover it.. Paranoid. delusional.... maybe. And even those aren't insults... At this point, There are expectations of People who rp leadership, in any capacity. Don't take the job on any character and expect to not have to deal with the outcome.

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I'm just completely staying out of this argument, but for some clarity I suppose, I found this image from Ultima V. The red area indicates the extent of Spiritwood (at least in that game, as the shape of the land has changed somewhat between there and UO). Now, I can understand that some characters may not know the borders of Spiritwood, but I guess this can be used as a rough guide, for future reference?

Again, not arguing, but just showing that the area in question does indeed fall within the general borders of Spiritwood.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Let's start with the RBG only thing... Where was RBG Trinsic during any of it? Ludes.... Thom?.. Because I mean Ludes is Captain right, and he reports to the Governor.. For that matter where was an underling for them. So she did go out of her way to make sure no one knew all the facts. And the person who was there, Katherine's guild.. was excluded. Now that too is being handled IC.

None of us are beating our chest about "Planned rp".. actually, we're really clear on the fact that is what you are after. What I see is that you don't want anything that might change your outcome or make you deal with someone who screws with your timeline. Which is fine.. but yes.. that needs to be done in private.. in your houses.. on a private mode. The Point of RP is interaction. And again.. Pick a side.. either be public and willing to do so.. Or go away. I, myself.. would interact gladly. But none of us.. are going to keep taking this... "Well it's this way cause I say it is".. YOU can play it however you like..It's your character. We can choose to believe it and follow or to argue the points.. or to go to the king.. or even plot to put snails in your bed... if we so choose to.

Additionally, This.. is a discussion.. I haven't seen anyone be insulting ... Yet. So sensitive doesn't even begin to cover it.. Paranoid. delusional.... maybe. And even those aren't insults... At this point, There are expectations of People who rp leadership, in any capacity. Don't take the job on any character and expect to not have to deal with the outcome.
no one was questioning katherine elle, as she was being directly questioned by the king himself. these were people that were not able 2 be there in person, as pandy & the king agreed to. what part of that do u not get? we said that over & over & over & over again. the king only wanted depositions of those that could not attend. u can call me paranoid or delusional, but u apparently lack comprehension skills. thats not an insult either.

Status
Not open for further replies.