• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kingdom of Dawn and the Baja Roleplayers Alliance attend "A Christmas Carol."

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Baja Roleplaying Alliance and the Kingdom of Dawn attend "Charles Dicken's: A Christmas Carol" on Lake Superior!
by Nicholas the Old
Saturday, November 29th.

** Notice: Unless otherwise stated, the roleplayers attending last evenings festivities did so largely Out of Character. I wrote this article as if it were an in-character function, but assume otherwise unless stated to the contrary. Thanks! **

Greetings, Lords and Ladies of Dawn.

I would first like to thank each and every one of you for your expressions of concern. I am doing significantly better now, thanks to your care and assistance. I did want to clear a few things up before I proceeded, though. Contrary to the many rumors spread about the tables of the Dragon's Breath last evening, I was not roughed-up by members of the Dark Tower; and rumors of my kidnapping by Oriana's beloved auntie have been highly exaggerated. No, instead I was caught up in a series of mystifying and unexplainable events that I can only conclude were the result of a...feverish delusion, perhaps? A halucination, if you will.

I have been asked to relate the contents of that delusion; so it is in that vein that I relate this strange tale to you. Should any of you take some meaning from this, let it be this solemn warning. When raiding the Golden Brew's pantry, check the date on the leftover turkey before consuming.

So, there I was. The road just south of Luna, the City of Paladins. It was beginning to grow late in the evening, and these ol' legs had enough wandering for one day. As many of you already well know, nothing mends the mind and warms the soul better than a bottle of Ursula's finest; so it was with that thought in mind that I proceeded to the doors of the Golden Brew with my companion, the Grinch.

When we arrived, we found the tavern to be quite empty. I wonder, whatever happened to the Brew's legendary service? Tsk, Tsk. I suppose I should leave a couple of pieces of blackrock in their stockings this year. That'll remind them!

Nonetheless, we helped ourselves to the pantry. I guess I should have taken note of the thick layer of dust covering everything?

We helped ourselves to some leftover turkey, and a couple bottles of Leyf Bolden's Green Dragon Ale. As I mentioned above, I should have probably checked the date on those leftovers (which had been stamped "Underground Knights Turkey Hunt"). It was then that I began to feel ill...very ill.

The world began to spin around me. I hadn't felt this way since the Shadow Imperium held its annual bake sale. It was clear that I had contracted food poisoning from that blasted turkey.

Honestly, how was I suppose to know that the Underground Knights Turkey Hunt was last year!?

I must've fainted.

I regained conciousness after a couple moments, or so I thought. I glanced around briefly, observing that I was in some unrecognizable glade, with an azure moongate fading into oblivion behind me. It took a moment before I realized where the draft was coming from.

I eventually found my way through the woods, stumbling upon the village of New Haven. How did I get there, I wondered? It began to grow stranger, when I discovered my clothes tossed up in the tree outside the local tavern.

I quickly retrieved my belongings, and proceeded to the local moongate; intent on return to Dawn. It was then that I was approached by a small rodent.

I then recognized the eyes, and the little cape on the rodents back.

It was none other Sir Zackarias, Knight of the Blue Rose!

He informed me that there was something happening north of Luna, and that I should make my way there immidiately. Based on the urgency in his sqweeky voice, I quickly rushed through the moongate; directing my thoughts to the City of Luna. In light of these times, I suppose I can't be blamed for assuming that something dire must've been afoot.

I strode past the gates of Luna so fast, that I nearly missed the parchment pinned to one of the sandstone pillars; a single stilleto shoved between two of the massive blocks.

Proceeding past the threshold, my ears picked up what appeared to be quite a commotion just beyond the trees.

I managed to discover the source of the noise, but it was not the screams of innocent Britannians being fed to some Crimson Dragon. Instead, it was laughter. I quickly asked the first person that I saw.

He explained to me that it was a stage production, and that I should go inside and watch. I proceeded up the stairway into the theater, to discover not only that Zackarias had beat me there (bloody rodent); but that the Lady WildStar was there as well!

It must have been a delusion. They claimed that we were on some world known as Lake Superior (we were clearly in Malas), and that Whispering Rose was hosting a play based on the Christmas Carol! The Grinch would've surely told me of such an event.

Nonetheless, in my confusion I decided to remain and watch the festivities. Interestingly enough, it was suprisingly good; as would be expected from the delusions of Sir Nicholas Claus, of course! Although, I must question where in my subconcious mind did I concieve of a strange race of beings known as "Canadians."

I surely must be going senile!

It must say, the Banker Norman Bates did an excellent job for being a figment of my imagination. Now, why my unconcious mind would dream of that dastardly banker from "Deal or No Deal" hosting the play is beyond me.

After the play concluded, I decided that it was long past time that I returned to my bed in Dawn and recieve some much needed rest. It was growing late, and I would have to inquire why Duchess WildStar would turn Zackarias into a rodent another night.

I cast the words of my incantation, tearing a hole in the etheral weave that binds Sosaria. A moment later, I arrived in Dawn and found what I thought to be the citizens of my beloved homeland there to welcome me back.

What? I pay my taxes, and no guards?

So, now I am here resting my head. It seems that I recieved a nasty bump over the head. On a more positive note, Moria MacBroden is baking me all the cake I can eat, so I suppose its not too bad.

Warmest Regards, from the Royal Hospital in Dawn.
- Sir Nicholas Claus of Dawn.
The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance

I just wanted to add that last evenings event was wonderful! We all had alot of fun, and look forward to more from Whispering Rose Radio.

For those who were not in attendance, you certainly missed out! Yeah, bah humbug to you!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful to hear from you, Nicholas the Old. I was at the presentation for awhile, and unfortunately encountered technical difficulties. I do remember you searching for your britches .. now I know why! ;)

One of your statements causes me great concern:
I would have to inquire why Duchess WildStar would turn Zackarias into a rodent another night.
When you determine the answer, please let us know.

L

Leyf Bolden

Wow, clicking around the forum, like I do about once every 6 months I stumbled on this post and saw my name - can't believe anyone would remember me!

(I keep intending to come back some day, probably over Xmas break in a couple weeks. Main problem has been I can't seem to get the KR client to run, and dread digging up an old UO:Rennaisance and waiting for it to patch. Second problem is I feel so nostalgic and sad walking through a deserted Britannia - or at least that's how it was last time I stuck my nose in a couple years ago)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Leyf!! It's active in the right places. As for the 2d client here's the download for it so you don't have to patch from WAY back when, just from way back when. 2D is setup-1.46.0.3.exe. It was updated about a year ago. Hope this helps.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so glad this post got bumped. I was waiting for supper to cook and actually had time to sit down and read it. Excellent story and very well written. If we hadn't been visiting our sons in another state that day, this would've been very enjoyable to attend. Thank you again for posting!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you determine the answer, please let us know.
It makes you wonder what happened to the King and Queen.

*Suddenly feels the unconcious urge to twitch his nose*

Wow, clicking around the forum, like I do about once every 6 months I stumbled on this post and saw my name - can't believe anyone would remember me!

(I keep intending to come back some day, probably over Xmas break in a couple weeks. Main problem has been I can't seem to get the KR client to run, and dread digging up an old UO:Rennaisance and waiting for it to patch. Second problem is I feel so nostalgic and sad walking through a deserted Britannia - or at least that's how it was last time I stuck my nose in a couple years ago)
*Smiles*

The Golden Brew Tavern and its Knights are fondly remembered by the last few roleplayers still here on Baja. Tis unfortunate that I never personally aquainted myself with the people of Golden; but I do remember meeting you once many years ago. I was on one of my old characters, and you showed me around the Brazen Mule near Covetous. I thought it only fitting to mention your name in a tale about the tavern.

I certainly hope that you return. Its true, the land is a mere shadow of its former self; but we still exist in pockets. I will actually be more active in the next week myself (I've been busy with finals). If you need anything, just send me a message and I shall be glad to help.

Safe Travels, Leyf!

I'm so glad this post got bumped. I was waiting for supper to cook and actually had time to sit down and read it. Excellent story and very well written. If we hadn't been visiting our sons in another state that day, this would've been very enjoyable to attend. Thank you again for posting!
Thank you, Mama Faith! *Smiles*

Should you be interested; I believe that our friends on Chesapeake regularly host plays in their village of PaxOku. Some of us on Baja have been attending their events and showing support for our friends and allies on other shards. You are certainly welcome to tag along.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Zacharias needs to post evidence about his allegedly forced transformation into a rabbit. That sounds more like something Dread Lady Cymidei Fier of Dark Tower would do, only it won't be a rabbit.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tsk, Tsk. *Shakes Head* You really shouldn't stereotype people like that, Duchess WildStar. Who says that evil meglomaniacs bent on the total subjugation of Sosaria can't love cute and cuddly little critters?

;)