• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King Casca Shows his True Colors!!

A

Aia

Rumor had it that King Casca had found a rift or rip of some kind and was going to close it tonight. This would hopefully stop the invasion of the Trammel cities. Since I enjoy death and destruction, this was something I wanted to go see.

I got there early. I enjoy checking out the armor people wear… and eavesdropping on their conversations.

Eventually King Casca showed up and everyone rushed to get as close as possible to him. I think a few people were even standing right on top of him.

That would have sent me screaming to the nearest server line, but it didn’t faze him one bit.

Casca: Through my tireless efforts in trying to save this fair land of our, I have discovered a rip in Britiannia, an open wound. It is through this open wound that the invaders lead by those vile Crimson Dragons have invaded our lands, destroyed our homes, and killed our loved ones. BUT THAT ENDS TODAY!!!

Gates were cast and off we went.

We ended up in a dungeon I had never been in before. In it were several creatures such as poison elementals, ophidians, and other such critters.

Soon the hallways were cleared and we stood at the doors to the main room.

Fortunately the doors were locked. (Yes, some idiot tried to open them…) So we hung around and waited for the King while more and more spawn crowded the doors. When he arrived, he was rather amazed that we couldn’t get the doors open.

So he ‘concentrated’ and the doors opened. I hid.

Turned out there was an invisible barrier between us and the creatures. The spawn was slaughtered. Hardly a fair fight. But hey, they were dead and we weren’t. Onwards!

When the spawn was dead, the barrier dropped. King Casca spoke to us:

Casca: My Loyal Subjects!!!! That was a job well done. I shall close this wound now. After this is gone, please meet me back where we started. *begins to chant*

Light flashed and the crystal exploded raining crystal shards down upon us.

(Masta Blasta was kind enough to show me some of the crystals he picked up.)

Back at Yew….

Casca: Sons and Daughters of Britainnia. Today we have earned a hard fought victory in a war that had a great cost. Many of our friends, our loved ones have perished in this conflict. Today, I have given their sacrifice meaning. I have given their children hope. When I destroyed that corrupted crystal that was allowing them access to these lands I stopped them. As your King I have fulfilled my duty and protected these lands. Not even the vaunted Crimson Dragons can stand up to my power. They will be swept aside just like everything else that has stood in my way….

A Crimson Dragon by the name of Syrak had a few things to say about that…

Syrak: You puny fools!
Casca: *looks around*
Syrack: Dare ye think you can get rid of us so easily?

Casca suddenly remembered some ‘affairs of state’ that needed his immediate attention – and left! – leaving the crowd to face Syrak on their own.

Syrak: *licks lips… suggestively*
Syrak: You stupid fools will never be rid of us!
Syrak: You will pay with your weak pathetic lives!

Oh goodie. I decided it might be a good time to hide again. But instead of masses of hungry spawn, a platinum dragon appeared.

Syrak: An.. elder?
Syrak: NOOOO!

The platinum dragon ran Syrak off then said ‘farewell’ to us and left.

All I could think of was, ‘huh??? That’s it?’ I feel like I’m missing a major piece of the story, so if I am reply and fill in the blanks – please!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you so much for posting a great report. I had to miss the event as my daughter and son-in-law (Kali & Ginger of TDA) arrived in town. Since they needed me to pick them up at the airport at the same time as the event I had to chose. looks like it was a blast.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's another picture of the Platinum Dragon... Couldn't get all the spawn moof the screen, and ended up having to get it partially obscured by a tree. BTW, that's me in the Ranger green suit, copper cloak and anthropomorphist glasses in the bottom left corner....

Another interesting thing was that a number of us quickly discovered that, if we went the OTHER way in Casca's little "show" dungeon, the doors on the OTHER side of the room weren't locked, and in fact the monsters were starting to circle around us to attack us from behind. Quick action by myself and others prevented this treachery from occurring.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fayaxion is still standing in the corner of the Yew winery. Poor girl's feet must surely need a rest by now....

S

SLACK

Wow Bas, glorify self much??????:loser:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Here's another picture of the Platinum Dragon... Couldn't get all the spawn moof the screen, and ended up having to get it partially obscured by a tree. BTW, that's me in the Ranger green suit, copper cloak and anthropomorphist glasses in the bottom left corner....

Another interesting thing was that a number of us quickly discovered that, if we went the OTHER way in Casca's little "show" dungeon, the doors on the OTHER side of the room weren't locked, and in fact the monsters were starting to circle around us to attack us from behind. Quick action by myself and others prevented this treachery from occurring.