• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King Blackthorn Wishes the Entire Kingdom to hear his Words...

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
King Blackthorn: Good evening everyone.
King Blackthorn: Please, sit.
King Blackthorn: Small group this evening. But that is to be expected.
King Blackthorn: As we haven't had one of these successful in a number of meetings due to scheduling.
King Blackthorn: Hopefully we can pick them up with more frequency and get back to normal.
Alward: I don't believe we have much to report. growing commerce and such
King Blackthorn: This meeting will be a bit more autocratic than normal, I have quite a lot to say.
King Blackthorn: Hopefully someone will take notes and relay my words to the entire kingdom.
King Blackthorn: After I say what I need to say, I will open the floor to open conversation.
King Blackthorn: I have a meeting in an hour with Lady Amandine.
King Blackthorn: So we will need to finish prompty at 8:55.
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: I wanted to speak tonight about the dangers of censorship and tyranny within our...
King Blackthorn: Britannian community.
King Blackthorn: And how it is important that we not allow a simple few, to rule over us for the sake of their
King Blackthorn: own power and pleasure.
King Blackthorn: First, a bit of background.
King Blackthorn: Many years ago, there was a small, what I would call cult in Magincia.
King Blackthorn: They were a pro-human group that shunned all of what they would call, 'lesser' species.
King Blackthorn: A small cohort of that group existed still when the child Addie was found in New Magincia.
King Blackthorn: I believe they called themselves the Republic of Magincia.
King Blackthorn: But at their heart, they were still Humanists.
King Blackthorn: That group was secretly a major influence in the early life of young Addie.
King Blackthorn: And later, under my rule, Lord Adamu often fell back on the teachings of that group.
King Blackthorn: We had many discussions, although private, and they often got quite heated.
King Blackthorn: I have learned that Lord Adamu was one of the leaders of the modern Humanist movement
King Blackthorn: Within Britannia.
King Blackthorn: And after his 'passing'...
King Blackthorn: or 'Ascension'...
King Blackthorn: Whatever we choose to call it.
King Blackthorn: Others took the baton and spread the Humanist ideal even farther than it had been carried before
King Blackthorn: Into the peasantry.
King Blackthorn: That group recruited and battled back and forth with the Knights of the Crux Ansata.
King Blackthorn: And Lady Amandine herself.
King Blackthorn: I have reports of several zealous cleansings of Humanist camps in Ilshenar and other areas.
King Blackthorn: Over the years.
King Blackthorn: Lady Amandine has been brutal in her pursuit of these people.
King Blackthorn: Interesting considering her connection to Lord Adamu, and of course their child.
King Blackthorn: Now, let me be clear.
King Blackthorn: I wholeheartedly and completly disagree with the Humanist philosophy.
King Blackthorn: I find it abhorrent, distructive and wholly disgusting.
King Blackthorn: However.
King Blackthorn: Just because I disagree with a school of thought, or a community of people.
King Blackthorn: Does not mean I, as ruler, have any business in conducting a hunt or a complete...
King Blackthorn: eradication of that group.
King Blackthorn: Debate and free flow of information and ideas is paramount to any free kingdom, culture...
King Blackthorn: or community.
King Blackthorn: We cannot allow ourselves to become zealots in the quashing of opinion.
King Blackthorn: We cannot excise an entire school of thought, simply because we disagree with it, or dislike...
King Blackthorn: its membership.
King Blackthorn: That my friends, is a dangerous path.
King Blackthorn: I find it completely disgusting the actions of the past few days.
King Blackthorn: How someone in power could think they could exersize such power over a community of people...
King Blackthorn: Is simply tyranny and zealotry.
King Blackthorn: Even as King of Britannia, I allow my subjects the freedom of thought and of action.
King Blackthorn: Even the Traitor Lord Tazar was given leave to disagree with my actions.
King Blackthorn: To debate openly and disagree with his King.
King Blackthorn: And only after he comitted a crime of attempted Regicide, was he acted against as a...
King Blackthorn: traitor and a criminal.
King Blackthorn: We must all guard against Tyranny within our community and our Kingdom of Britannia.
King Blackthorn: We simply cannot allow anyone, ever to speak, or take action for us.
King Blackthorn: That is our right as individuals.
King Blackthorn: The laws of the realm are simple.
King Blackthorn: To break them invites severe action.
King Blackthorn: However, words are almost never cause to comit zealotry against a group of people.
King Blackthorn: Lady Amandine will be spoken to, and I hope that she hears my words.
King Blackthorn: I will not allow her, or anyone else to speak for the people of Britannia.
King Blackthorn: Britannia has its own voice.
King Blackthorn: Britannia does not stand for zealotry or Tyranny.
King Blackthorn: And we will not abide tyrants or zealots in our midst.
King Blackthorn: The most righteous and brightest of knights, is easily tainted by what is 'right'.
King Blackthorn: When you are 'right' no one else can speak against that, you step closer and closer into zealotry.
King Blackthorn: She will not, Lady Amandine is loyal to the crown.
King Blackthorn: I have only to speak with her, and she will bend her knee to me.
King Blackthorn: However, we must guard against others who do similar action.
King Blackthorn: *takes a deep breath*
King Blackthorn: I think I have said my peace.
King Blackthorn: my piece as well.
King Blackthorn: I will add only this...
King Blackthorn: We are a kingdom of voices.
King Blackthorn: We are Kings, we are Lords and Ladies, we are Knights and Mages...
King Blackthorn: We are Peasants, Woodworkers, Blacksmiths and Shop Keepers.
King Blackthorn: We all have a unique view of our world.
King Blackthorn: We all see things different.
King Blackthorn: We cannot stifle any voice, simply because we do not like what their opinion is.
King Blackthorn: Our community must remain open, free and without tyranny or opression.
King Blackthorn: And we must rid ourselves of the zealots that try and silence those voices they dislike.
King Blackthorn: Lady Amandine will be dealt with.
King Blackthorn: Even her own daughter is furious with her over this.
King Blackthorn: The burning of books, indeed.
King Blackthorn: Disgusting!
King Blackthorn: *shakes his head*
King Blackthorn: The floor is open, to all.
King Blackthorn: Should anyone have anythign to say.
King Blackthorn: *sits*
Alward: a kingdom that burns books , soon burns victims
Lavendar: Well spoken, Your Highness. I am proud to know you stand for freedom of your people.
King Blackthorn: Exactly. If we allow someone to silence ideas they do not like.
King Blackthorn: people are next.
King Blackthorn: *nods to Lavendar*
King Blackthorn: I am monarch here, I am King, but I rule in a way where all voices are heard.
King Blackthorn: I would say to allow your voice to be heard, make sure those that need to hear your opinion...
King Blackthorn: hear it.
King Blackthorn: Do not allow your voice to go unheard, even if it is small and meek.
Izaya: how should we deal with the remaining humanists, surely they will attempt revenge after we killed so many
King Blackthorn: The majority of Humanists I have heard about are deathly afraid of the Crux Ansata
King Blackthorn: Most simply want to be left alone.
King Blackthorn: I think for Lady Amandine, the issue is personally.
King Blackthorn: Or rather, personal.
King Blackthorn: Between her ideas and the ideas of Lord Adamu.
King Blackthorn: And which voice she wants little Charlotte to hear.
King Blackthorn: But we cannot allow personal wishes to turn into vendetta.

zsnap1095.jpg

King Blackthorn: I will open the floor to any discussion the Governors wish at this point.
King Blackthorn: I simply wanted to issue my opinions and let my words be heard across the realm.
King Blackthorn: hopefully the spirit of my message will be heard by all.

King Blackthorn: In closing of tonights meeting, I would just like everyone to remember...
King Blackthorn: When you see someone shouting down someone elses voice.
King Blackthorn: Remember, it may be your voice they try and squash next.
King Blackthorn: Stand against Tyranny and Opression.
King Blackthorn: Do not allow it to take root.
King Blackthorn: Here or anywhere.
King Blackthorn: Long Live Britannia!