• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) King Blackthorn a traitor?

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Having arrived back at his office and after having removed his blood soaked armor and a cup of coffee prepared for him by his staff, Aragorn sat down and pondered a most terrible thought indeed. Our King Blackthorn a traitor? Or is he been merely possessed? Maybe Captured by some unseen nefarious force and a doppleganger put in his place? So many questions and what precisely happened to Father Grant that resulted in him being killed in the first place and his beloved cathedral blown up. Ironic this alleged king in the interest of "love" brings so many mobs to try to love us to death and then suddenly the real king shows up sounds a bit fishy.

Calling in a scribe he had the boy pen the following message:

To all Governors in the realm,
You are all loyal indeed to our beloved king however we also need to consider the unthinkable at this time, our beloved King Blackthorn has either turned traitor or possibly Captured. I hope it is indeed the latter as im sure you share this belief. We need to pool our resources to find the truth and bring the person or people responsible to justice. Please keep this to yourself and trusted staff...nobody else. Right now I don't believe we can trust our king.
Please return replies by secure courier.

Kind regards,
Aragorn
Governor- New Magincia

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In times of trouble it should be remembered that loyalty is kin to friendship. It is said that 'A friend in need is a friend indeed', the same could be said of loyalty, if you are truly loyal you do not begin to doubt if something appears a little strange sometimes, life is like that, not everything will be as you think it should. Like friendship loyalty does not doubt but remains steadfast through all.

A few words with Skaros reveals all about the new tower. Apparently there is a legend (of which I knew not) that if the Ravens ever leave Britain the realm will founder. Though this be only legend and as far as I know has no factual basis the King does believe it. So much so that he has had constructed a tower wherin they can reside and given ownership over to this King of the Ravens. Is this so strange? a bird that talks? in our lands there have been many stranger things. We have a dragon that talks in Sudiva, so talking animals are not unknown either.

So we had no advance knowledge? well the land belongs to the King, the King had the tower built and is therefore in his gift. If he wishes to give it to a flock of birds is this so serious? it is in a remote part of Britain, it will annoy no-one. Ravens harm none, they are not predators but merely scavengers and in fact, help keep the realm clean. Effectively the King has built an aviary, does it need to be broadcast throughout the length and breadth of the land?. It might have been polite to advise the Governor of the province but such is the autocratic way of Kings.

When issues like this arise it is time to display loyalty not disquiet. Until my trust is betrayed I will not doubt.

Long Live the King.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently there is a legend (of which I knew not) that if the Ravens ever leave Britain the realm will founder.
I dont think the ravens wll leave but they will eat us all next event.png

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reposted, as the original format seemed to be bizarrely 'wrong' and some people saw dark text on a black background!

After his latest behaviour, I share your concern about out King. Whilst the creation of 'duplicates', which seemingly began with one of Alaster of Skara Brae, partially could explain the strange and violent actions of the first 'version' of King Blackthorn we saw at the site of the planned Temple, other of his recent actions also point to a potentially serious problem.

As Governor of Britain, I was greatly surprised to see that one of the structures in the town has apparently been handed on to some strange 'Raven King' creature, and is now occupied by that being, and many of his 'raven' followers. This 'Raven King' can converse, and if what he says has any credibility, is known to and knows of Blackthorn. Also, Skaros seems aware of this creature, and past links with our king - yet Blackthorn seemed to think it appropriate to hand over control of a tower in the city to a clearly supernatural entity, and post notices on that tower warning off the citizens, without the slightest thought to advise us what was happening and why. I appreciate secrecy was vital in his escaping from Exodus, but he is no longer a prisoner of that entity - he now is a ruler of an independent and fair minded people who are not likely to think kindly of such bizarre supernatural creatures being deposited near their homes without any forewarning. Talking carrion birds, in towers decorated with banner of the 'Bloodwing', are scarcely a calming sight, and when suddenly parked in the capital of the realm require some considerable explanation.

So much is currently unclear - with the regular appearance of these 'duplicates' I am not even completely convinced that the body we found at the ruins of the temple was guaranteed to be the genuine Father Grant! The bodies now at that site are intriguing, whilst the ravens have picked some clean, others remain untouched - and frankly look rather 'artificial', which makes me wonder when the Raven King talks of his creatures thus : "We can do nothing with the dead of heart or mind or the never living. Those who break the cycle of life we leave behind." I am pondering if those untouched bodies are actually 'duplicates' that we fought, and in some way these ravens can tell them apart from 'genuine' living creatures? Hopefully the Royal Investigators will find out more.

Meanwhile, I am beginning some small actions to increase the protection of the city - firstly we have now launched a vessel for defence of the docks, the Britannian Defence Vessel 'Governor Dredd', named after our first elected governor. Hopefully she will be a significant part of our future defences, and also a memorial to an absent friend who we hope can return to us at some point.

Aurelius

Governor of Britain

Last edited:

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*half drunk, arrives at his office*
oh damn, another mail, treat that, please, my dear slave
*the slave knocks on alaster shoulder* it's really important mister, it's from arapants, the well named.
*the slave comes back to work, and praise for vesper to be a real town for once, as all vesperian slaves do*
oh, real mail, indeed, let's look.
*Alaster reads all which been write*
ok i see.
*writes a letter to be carried by vesperian slaves to all governors*
gentlemen, governors,
i may have been missing since days, sorry for that. I know you all been doing what you could for making our towns awesome.
*scratches few lines about the fact vesperian slaves aren't that fast*
so, well, i heard someone was impersonnating me. I tell you guys, the real alaster only steals undies, and socks. And isn't mean to anyone.
It seems our King been acting weirdly recently. I hope you all will update me on that, cause i wasn't here !
stop passing me barrels of liquor, it's ok, i have enough of it omg.
*signs*

*alaster says*
ah finally. Now i can go have a meal, a drink, and a fart. Bless life.

Last edited:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Blackthorn a traitor? Does that mean my collection of about 40 Blackthorn busts are rares now? Woohoo ... I am rich!!!