• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

King’s Collection items only useable in your own house!?!

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
You can place the three items, that give resources, in a house that you are co-owner (or friend?) to, but you can't "harvest" them?!?

KingsCollection.png

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Guess that is to force players to keep the house owner active each month :devil:, I like that

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Guess that is to force players to keep the house owner active each month :devil:, I like that
I personally think is all a crock of hooey... You pay for something you expect to be able to use it... I pay for several accounts... not all my houses have tons of room in them so expecting me to keep them all (As I have purchased several Kings collection boosters) in separate homes to use them and log onto each of them one by one just to get the resources IMO is stupid. Infact there are dozens of silly things in UO that just make the game increasingly inconvenient to play. Just another stupid annoying thing where rules only apply in part... Co-owner is supposed to be like Owner somewhat Yet that's often not how it works.... works in one situation but not in others... In a time when they KNOW that many of us run multiple accounts why they insist on making things difficult and unwieldy is beyond me.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Same with the raised beds
I'm assuming you mean the raised garden beds. With the garden beds, I've found that if the co-owner plants the seeds in the bed, then the co-owner can harvest the seeds and petals (or whatever) that the plant produces. However, if the house owner plants the seeds in the garden bed, then the co-owner can not harvest. At least this is the way it is working in my house. Just tested this again in the last few days.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming you mean the raised garden beds. With the garden beds, I've found that if the co-owner plants the seeds in the bed, then the co-owner can harvest the seeds and petals (or whatever) that the plant produces. However, if the house owner plants the seeds in the garden bed, then the co-owner can not harvest. At least this is the way it is working in my house. Just tested this again in the last few days.

Yes, I do.

It would just be that bit easier if I could set permissions on it, just like I do with everything else...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other thing I'd like to be able to set permissions on is mannequins. That 'switch clothing' option is real useful, and I'd like for all of my chars across my accounts to be able to use it as is, rather than having to faff about over who places the thing and who can and can't move stuff about via the paperdoll.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue with Kings Collection item harvesting is really annoying. Playing multiple shards, it should really be enough, that an account, which has the Kings Collection enabled, can harvest as coowner on all shards of his choice. Even if the house owner account would be active and entitled for Kings Collection, I prefer to use the characters of my main account to harvest stuff and not gamble through 12 accounts.
Such huge limitations make the items much less desirable and the gameplay worse.

*Salute*
Olahorand

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
While we're at it, you also can't change the text on a sign unless you're standing in your character's account owns - coowner, friend, etc don't count. Makes them a real pain to use at things like a rares fest, where I have to make sure that the right alt account is holding the sign I need to edit.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mannequin place it with coowner. Then owner can use it also. Dunno if a second coowner can use it. I assume no.
For the Garden beds I will give coowner at try next time.
Accounts Roulette? I have always a fifty fifty chance. ;-)

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Mannequin place it with coowner. Then owner can use it also. Dunno if a second coowner can use it. I assume no.
For the Garden beds I will give coowner at try next time.
Accounts Roulette? I have always a fifty fifty chance. ;-)
With the garden beds, a co-owner can plant seeds, in which case the account that planted the seed and the house owner account will both have access. But other co-owners will not.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the mannequin, there are problems when the co-owner places; things like spellbooks & talis don't seem to have the permissions applied.

Honestly, just fix it so permissions can be set. Makes life SO much easier!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I find it all fine, that this items are ovner only as standard, but allow us to changes permissions.
With the gem/mining cart, you can do it with lockdown the cart after you place it and then you are allowed to set permission.

It's sad, Co-owner is nerfed so much because someone got burned in the past. Let the one who fear a coowner will screew them keep the secure way with owner only on this ressource giving lockdowns.

Also I wish my co-owners to be able to release items locked down of an other co-owner or friend, unless set to owner only. We need more control.

Many of us only use co-owner for our own accounts and it is very annoying not to be able to allow all our accounts full co-owner power.

Maybe we need a master account setting, master accounts can share Sov to UO Store, so why not give all accounts on master account house owner power. Maybe make an options on house sign, where house owner can allow full power to all accounts on master account.

I also miss an options to allow full power to Guild Emissories in my guild houses, so they can havest resources, release lockdown pieces of resources, lockdown and secure stuff as Guild secures.