• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

kinda curious as to what you guys think...

S

Stupid Miner

Kinda a hybrid between player thieving and dungeon floor thieving...

What do you thieves think of stalking a player into their home and "stealing" things they place on the floor before they lockdown. (in either Trammel or Felucca)

Acceptable, unacceptable? Legitimate extension of a thief? Or dastardly griefing?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What do you thieves think of stalking a player into their home and "stealing" things they place on the floor before they lockdown. (in either Trammel or Felucca)

Acceptable, unacceptable? Legitimate extension of a thief? Or dastardly griefing?
Ever hear of Galad?

Looting is a fine profession...sub class of thief, that doesn't even require the stealing skill...la

S

Salty Pete

I have been a looter since the first day I started in UO. If it is on the ground, it is fair game.

If you want something, NEVER place it on the ground of a public place.... Including inside of a public house.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part of my regular rounds while I played on a production shard was the Inns of the various cities. It was great how much stuff you could find littering the floor of those places. Then the interaction with the previous owners of those goods was as good a time and many of my thefts. I'll have to see if I can dig up the one episode I made from an interection over 1600 cooked steaks, lol...la

M

MagicNinja

The inns are great places, lol. I caught a player transferring his Shadow Black Tokuno dye and snatched it up in between his character changes, man was he mad ^^

A

Arch Magus

Nothing wrong with that.
That's the beauty of the game UO.

I mean, in what other game can you do something like this, lol.

S

Stupid Miner

dangit, i need to think of a tougher question...

Would you be willing steal from a friend/guildmate with a char that wasn't guilded with them while using a disguise kit so they'd never know it was you?

just curious as to the answers really.

S

Sweeney

Real thieves know what not to do.. and if they do it, they do it far away from populated places.

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dangit, i need to think of a tougher question...

Would you be willing steal from a friend/guildmate with a char that wasn't guilded with them while using a disguise kit so they'd never know it was you?

just curious as to the answers really.

If your going to rob your guildmates why bother being in a guild with them? (unless you joined a random guild specifically to rob them but thats not what your getting at)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your going to rob your guildmates why bother being in a guild with them? (unless you joined a random guild specifically to rob them but thats not what your getting at)
No it wasn't, but that used to be fun as hell. That may be the last thing I miss about playing a production shard. Joining trammy guilds to steal from them blind. Even now would be easier since it's so easy to swap templates with soulstones...la

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Rico said, some of the most fun I had was seeing some spamming their guild was recruiting at a bank, i'd throw on a disguise kit and 2 hours of fun would be had!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I remember back right after UO:R was released before commodity deeds, I had a stealth mage. I'd some days spend the better part of the afternoon in the back room of WBB intercepting trades from players. I acquired enough resources that way to GM a smith, Alchemist, and Tailor. Not to mention I paid for my first house off the gold I picked up.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one loves them finding dumb on their faces when things disappear. Rico mentioned that they then may accuse each other. Very funny.

T

Traveller

This one loves them finding dumb on their faces when things disappear. Rico mentioned that they then may accuse each other. Very funny.
Even better is to steal from people who purposefully spam guilding requests to gank noobs, and then proceed to rob them blind... :)