• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kind of a noob question...

G

I just came back after about an 8 year break not too long ago, so I don't call myself a noob, I prefer re-noob, lol.

Anyway, when I played last time, I never went into dungeons much, so I never had this problem. I finally went to the troglodytes last night. The spawn is so fast that I basically just stand in the center of the room and it is non-stop killing, but then all the bodies pile up on themselves and I can hardly loot any of them. Even moving around, the bodies pile up on top of each other and I can't target to loot them sometimes, I just get ones I already looted.

Is there some trick you all use for looting in a place like this where the bodies are really piling up? I tried looting each one as it goes down, but even then they pile up and then I keep getting one I already looted.

I

imported_Risso

I'm not sure theres any solution to re-opening old corpses - either you watch where they fall and see if theres any bits sticking out you can click on to loot, or repeatedly click the pile where they fell until the newest one opens. What I do is press Ctrl & Shift which brings up tags for everything onscreen, you can then double-click the corpse tags until you find the one you're looking for. Also if you have searched a corpse you can right click the tag to close it, which makes it slightly easier :p

G

hold ctrl + shift, 2x click on the object handles, you should be able to open each corpse, right click the handles to close them.

G

Ah, didn't know about the Ctrl+Shift. That should hopefully make it easier. Thanks everyone.

G

Handiest darn thing that's been put ingame IMO ... especially when neck-deep in corpses! Well that and customizable housing.

T

Trukx

If you have UO-Assist, check the box for somethign like "Auto Show corpse name". As soon as you kill something, it will pop up the name tag for the single fresh corpse automatically.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you can also set up a macro in the UO options section that will cycle through corpses in a pile. A "last target" macro will open the next corpse in a a stack, after you've clicked on the first one. This can be used to get past corpses you don't have access to (others' kills, or others' corpses) to your kills in the same pile. Most people set it up as 2 lines, "last Object" then "last target", as the first line is ignored in that application, but the two lines combined are useful in a LOT of circumstances (from mining, to lumberjacking, to fishing, to cross-healing others)