• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kill Ten Rats: [GW2] Guild Wars 2 Beta Key Contest

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ravious over at Kill Ten Rats has announced that they have a couple of beta keys give away contest for the next BWE2 coming up June 8th to the 10th.

So get over there and try to win you a beta key if you dont have one yet :)

[GW2] Guild Wars 2 Beta Key Contest
Posted by Ravious on May 30, 2012

ArenaNet was awesome enough to throw a couple Guild Wars 2 beta keys for the upcoming beta weekend our way. Did I say a couple? How about twenty! These keys are good just for the Guild Wars 2 weekend event occurring June 8-10.

How to enter? Simply answer this question via comments below: Why did the sylvari cross the road? with a clever, bookah answer by the end of this Friday, June 1st. (Hint: “to get to the other side” is not a clever, bookah answer.)

Please leave a valid email with the comment, and only one entry per person please. I will then randomly choose 20 participants on Saturday, June 2nd and notify the winners here and privately via email.

Good luck, and thanks to ArenaNet!
–Ravious

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've pre-ordered. Do I still need a beta key to play prior to GW2's release?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pre-order straight from ArenaNet. I got my beta key in my email. I think some are having issues if you ordered from gamestop. You shouldof gotten a beta key but I would call CS if you ordered from ArenaNet/NCsoft and didnt get it.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so did you get an email from them with subject line : Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!

If so there should be a cd key and register your account in a big red button you click.

Also found this :

If you have pre-purchased Guild Wars 2, you should have the actual game key. Register your game key on the main GW2 website, which involves making an account. After registration you will very quickly get an email containing the beta weekend... invite. There is no separate "beta key"

B

Bella

Ok so did you get an email from them with subject line : Thank you for pre-purchasing Guild Wars 2!

If so there should be a cd key and register your account in a big red button you click.

Also found this :
Exactly what I got too. Hope you get it worked out Syrus! You've probably done this already but check your spam folder just in case. Although, personally, any email program that would have the audacity to toss GW2 into a spam folder should be uninstalled, lol.

Bella

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I got an e-mail saying a download link and key would be sent, but I never received the subsequent e-mail. However, I sent a support ticket and they were able to send me the appropriate info. Just got my beta key this morning. :)