• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keep in Tram - Contact owner?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OKIES some peeps did not like the felluca castle faller due to the pvp nature

This keep as on its sign over 200m worth of goods inside and more leaving UO time to go...etc etc...

So if the owner reads this ''ITS ya last chance'' to save ya stuff...For god sake use all 5-6 chars bank boxes to store ya best stuff ,if u feel u need to leave the game, because if u ever come back in a year or so all ya stuff will be gone ....if u bank it u will still have it...

Anyways go north out of britain along the coastline and after a few minutes u will bump in the decaying keep ...if its not saved will fall in next 3-4 days.....thats it folks the rest is upto u...

Happy hunting...now back to the easter eggs......

D

Divster

Whilst i agree with the principle or sharing events in game i see these announcements heading the same way as the idoc listing thread, I am not a part of the guilds that normally monopolise these events but nor am i a fan of these posts, esp when they invite all and sundry from other shards to **** ours! If people take the time to go out and find these locations, fine they are welocme obviously to attend , but this quite frankly just smacks of desperation or vindictiveness.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This one is a former ELV. I've sent him an icq, but he was pretty upset when he left. =/ Sad to see another go.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Yeah, that did cross my mind as well. Watch it be empty!
Well I know someone that knew this guy, they where in the same guild. He only had the keep a couple weeks before he left the game so it could be empty other then the few things you see.

N

Nyte Doombringer

Whilst i agree with the principle or sharing events in game i see these announcements heading the same way as the idoc listing thread, I am not a part of the guilds that normally monopolise these events but nor am i a fan of these posts, esp when they invite all and sundry from other shards to **** ours! If people take the time to go out and find these locations, fine they are welocme obviously to attend , but this quite frankly just smacks of desperation or vindictiveness.
I totally agree. I could care less that its a keep falling that is supposed to be full. What is sad is the person that left the game was a friend of some people and he left upset and now all his stuff is going to be there for the vultures. Sure I idoc but I would much rather someone reactivate and come back to the game and not loose his stuff. I did that once, said nope never coming back and lost a keep myself, so i know.
Can you say to people hey this guy was a friend we want to get his stuff and store it incase he comes back, are you kidding me, greed is way to rampant for that.
Xshard trading is something else I hate. Ok if you are trading ingame items that you can get but all the server birth rares, event rares, should really have stayed on their original shards.
So now this keep will have people from other servers who dont even play on Europa hoping to get something that doesnt mean anything to them more then a few gold pixels.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hence AGAIN the second point of the post....Hopes too owner reactivates for one month...saves all best stuff/gold checks to his/her characters bank boxes ...so if he/she decides to come back a year down the line...yes the keep will have been long gone..but all his/her stuff is still safe in his/her bank .

And please less of the xshard crap..this is posted on the europa board not uohall...and while we are on the subject were the hell do u think most of the players came from chasing easter eggs on sunday...yes ''kerching''.....not europa...[end]

L

Law of Hell

god guild will be there for the occasion, will try to loot as much as we can and give it to whos keeping this guys stuff in case he comes back.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he/she is coming back methnks freinds will have already contacted him/her and all they need to do is reactivate for 1 month...i know quite a few peeps that leave still browse the boards once a week ....

Anyways its quite simple ..

Great keep faller -anyone welcome..really for europa players to have a taste of idocing on a plate but hey like the EM events we cant stop xsharders coming...thats UO life....And if u dont like sharing then i would advise that u dont come to it...hopefull the owner still as chance to save it all.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you don't advertise them here. they won't know about it and x shard!!!!!!!!

i did not know about it or the castle/keeps or the tower until i read it here!

N

Nyte Doombringer

If you don't advertise them here. they won't know about it and x shard!!!!!!!!

i did not know about it or the castle/keeps or the tower until i read it here!
Yep thats right. There are not alot of idocers running btw shards since the time diff btw the US/Europa shards. So unless you post it here, they are not going to know about it.
Good Job.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate the offer of God!, but I fear he won't return. (And I wouldn't have the storage space to keep his stuff anyway)

But, if any of you loot his soul stones, or any of the roses I gave him with the name "Mark" on them, I'd appreciate having those.

Thanks.

D

Divster

but hey like the EM events we cant stop xsharders coming...thats UO life....And if u dont like sharing then i would advise that u dont come to it
Thats the thing though, we can prevent x sharders from coming if people do not advertise on universal uo forums about the prescence of these things, in both of your idoc posts you have effectively opened the door for people to x shard, whilst i can understand you may possibly be wanting to introduce more people to idocing i cannot even begin to fathom why you would look to get more people x sharding, especially as you claim part of your reason is to alert the original owner!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tidy Petra...

Simply if the owner cant help himself to reactivate by either reading this himself/herself or by old friends flagging him/her to save his/her [reported 4/500m of stuff]...and to bank it all just incase he/she comes back in a year or so... then at least we have tried!!! and the owner did get one last chance before it falls and whatever is inside, is cleaned up, at a one off, anyone and everyone on europa is welcome faller ...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
another way to get the owners attention, assuming, like me "retired" they read the boards to to create a post, in bold, for the char to contact you, no clue to others why, if he/she reads, they can chose to reply

then you can say you tried :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I don't see why players should object to another player posting idoc locations if he wishes too. If it helps a player who may not know thier property is in danger due to unforseen circumstances so much the better. In this particular case the player has noted on thier house sign post that they are quitting, but that's not always the case.
If one wanted to create a book of idoc locations and make events out of it at thier house thats another possibility. The game over the years has become so item based, that its been a bit of a turnoff, the players and the interaction of them has always made this a great game from the beginning.
THP keep up the good work, I always enjoyed helping new players find a spot to place thier house either on europa or other shards. This was during the time when even small plots were almost impossible to find.
I think for new players particpating in thier very first idoc would also be alot of fun. Not that they would be as quick of hand like the old vets, but it would be a new experiance for them.
Think positive for the game and positive things will happen!