keep crafting areas?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Shiloh

so I have a keep that Im using for crafting stuff.. Im looking for any design ideas using forges and the new garg forge thingy.. its so big that I cant find a good spot that doesnt look odd.

This keep is dedicated to crafting.. so any and all crafting related deco is appreciated

Thanks all!

A

Ashyn

so I have a keep that Im using for crafting stuff.. Im looking for any design ideas using forges and the new garg forge thingy.. its so big that I cant find a good spot that doesnt look odd.

This keep is dedicated to crafting.. so any and all crafting related deco is appreciated

Thanks all!
You can break that soulforge into pieces It fits on a 4x4 grid. Some people like to keep the big anvil and nothing else. I've chopped it down to the two left side (west) poles and placed two rows of chests between them for the crafting storage. It's still useable using either of those "styles."

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado
You can break that soulforge into pieces It fits on a 4x4 grid. Some people like to keep the big anvil and nothing else. I've chopped it down to the two left side (west) poles and placed two rows of chests between them for the crafting storage. It's still useable using either of those "styles."

Do you do this with an axe? If so, does chopping once break it into two pieces? This house stuff is all new to me!

Thanks!

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 27, 2004
Siege Perilous
Do you do this with an axe? If so, does chopping once break it into two pieces? This house stuff is all new to me!

Thanks!
Not directly. She is referring to a creative use of a bug with multi-tile add-ons where under certain conditions you can "break" the sections apart, raising and lowering the sections as needed, and then chop the unwanted parts that are left, with an axe to get rid of them. Look at the stone kitchen tutorial sticked at the top of the forum where Ashyn describes how to make the stone counter tops using this technique. The technique can be applied to many add-ons. I would suggest you practice first on Test Center though. It is easy to destroy an item, and some of the things may be hard to replace.

-Skylark

A

Ashyn

...And be sure to see the (current) thread about placing a soulforge in a keep - I failed to mention that it can't be raised enough to break it into sections in any room that has a ceiling/floor above it (Keeps and castles have plenty of roof space where larger multi-tile items can go).