• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just thinking bout potential shard changes

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Leave our Dark Wisps in peace, they had been here longer than you. Newbies need to learn to die.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave our Dark Wisps in peace, they had been here longer than you. Newbies need to learn to die.
Well at least remove their tendency to camp bodies so the Newbies don't lose their gear so much. Getting killed from behind while your fighting something else is annoying enough.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well at least remove their tendency to camp bodies so the Newbies don't lose their gear so much. Getting killed from behind while your fighting something else is annoying enough.
Don't think Dark Wisps make newbies give up, and next time they hear the sound of them, they will run and survive.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please don't take the following comment personal - I have nothing against you personally. However, the sentence above is a perfect example of people who need to develop a thicker skin.
If a dark wisp kills you and camps your body the easiest thing to do is the following: run to the nearest healer and res. Now go back to your corpse, carefully approach it and if the dark wisp is camping it let it target you and lure it away from your corpse. Of course being newly ressed you won't survive for long. It might even take a couple of runs to the healer but you'll get it far enough from your corpse so you can finally loot it without getting killed. If you can find a priest of mondain you can simply attack him and lure him nearer to the corpse so you won't have to run as far - yes he will res even after he killed you himself. This is so easy to do ...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a dark wisp kills you and camps your body the easiest thing to do is the following: run to the nearest healer and res. Now go back to your corpse, carefully approach it and if the dark wisp is camping it let it target you and lure it away from your corpse.

I know the tactic. :)

The problem is how short a time the body lasts if there isn't a healer nearby. I nearly lost a set of gear earlier when the healer I finally found was a long way away, doing the decoy routine wouldn't have been possible.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Call for help in gen chat or guild chat. I think EC client tells, where to find a healer.
You can always do your lumbering and mining near my castle. The healers always walk around in it :p

Shadryk

Visitor
GC, Gardian Choosen = The Cabel had not been seen on the shard for more than 10 years and only a few Undead Lords had been seen, the tag UDL is long gone.
Who was you and your guild?
I was with Order of the Golden Dawn (OGD). I can't remember my character names, but they might have been Shadryk or Maximillian. I purchased the Rimcat account and played that one as well, but not too much.

So, this Vice/Virtue is active on all Shards, or just Siege? I played the faction system on GL. That was fun, but it was almost like Test Server fighting.

Here's my checklist for a MMORPG game:

all PVP. No opt-in/opt-out.
Limited safe zones that don't offer much for the non-PVP'er
Sandbox, player-driven persistent universe. Limited questing and NPC stuff.

EVE online fits that bill and is still growing after 12 years, but that's a space game. I like the hack & slash games better. Siege fit that bill, too. Loved it, but that was 15 years ago.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call for help in gen chat or guild chat. I think EC client tells, where to find a healer.
You can always do your lumbering and mining near my castle. The healers always walk around in it :p
GC's been quiet the last few days, I'm just going to dup Tan's hunting runebooks and set them up at the house so I can log in Landreu to come rezz as needed. The Gift of Life spell had faded away during that last fight. I don't like the EC and don't even have it installed right now. I was gathering a couple thousand barbed hides in Destard and apparently healer's are rare near there. Should have just gone out and mugged a few merchant ships. :pirate:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was with Order of the Golden Dawn (OGD). I can't remember my character names, but they might have been Shadryk or Maximillian. I purchased the Rimcat account and played that one as well, but not too much.
I remember Maximillian and Rimcat. As I'm EU time, I may not have been on alot on your time.
So, this Vice/Virtue is active on all Shards, or just Siege? I played the faction system on GL. That was fun, but it was almost like Test Server fighting.
On Siege it works on all facets, on other shards, it only works on Felucca facet.
Virtue versus Vice | Ultima Online
all PVP. No opt-in/opt-out.
Siege is still that, but we need more players.
Limited safe zones that don't offer much for the non-PVP'er
Nothing changed vs the Siege you know, except, that VvV towns, get dangerous for 20 min, when a battle start.
Sandbox, player-driven persistent universe. Limited questing and NPC stuff.
UO never had a lot questing
EVE online fits that bill and is still growing after 12 years, but that's a space game. I like the hack & slash games better. Siege fit that bill, too. Loved it, but that was 15 years ago.
UO had some years, there the Devs did a lot damage to the game. Items become very expensive and hard to replace on Siege as they balanced it on normal shards with item Insurance.
The last years had been good for UO but it take time to get the players back. Think there are to many games out there

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
GC's been quiet the last few days, I'm just going to dup Tan's hunting runebooks and set them up at the house so I can log in Landreu to come rezz as needed. The Gift of Life spell had faded away during that last fight. I don't like the EC and don't even have it installed right now. I was gathering a couple thousand barbed hides in Destard and apparently healer's are rare near there. Should have just gone out and mugged a few merchant ships. :pirate:
Kill some tigers, they give you alot of fame to get self res from the virtue

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kill some tigers, they give you alot of fame to get self res from the virtue
Right, selfres!!! I even forgot about that unbelievable option since I'm red and can't use any of the virtues. Not only does it res you, it even resses you with all your gear!!!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I never used it, but I know some do.