• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Just returned to the game

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi I have just returned after a years absence but all my gold from my bank is no longer there?? I had a few million. Where is this now? Also my backpack is half of the screen and I can not reposition it. Ican't drag it as it was locked before. Any help please.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your gold is still there in the bank, and you can use it as before. It just doesn't exist as piles of gold & cheques anymore.

Best thing I can suggest is to drop in on the Daily West Britain Bank meet, 6pm UK time (7pm CET), where a group of us meet to help new & returning players like yourself. You will have many questions.

Can't help with the backpack I'm afraid. Are you using the Enhanced Client? I use the Classic Client myself.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back!

There was recently a currency conversion, so all the gold and checks in you bank are no longer physical items, but rather a shared balance across all the characters on a single shard on a single account. Please read here for a much fuller explanation of the new currency system.

As for the backpack issue, it sounds like you are in the Enhanced Client? I play in the Classic Client so I can't help you much there, but we do have an Enhanced Client Discussion forum that might get you the answers you need.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
It's probably still there.

the system changed and now you no longer have Gold in the bank account or checks. Gold still exists outside the bank account.

To check your gold click on the banker and ask to open the bank. You will see the new gump which will be another story.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
go to the bank and find the minter. say 'balance' to find out how much gold you have. as an alternative, you can right click on your character and look at the insurance menu b/c it also shows your bank balance.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you should be able to move your backpack. click (and hold) any brown part of the backpack to drag it whereever you want it on your screen. in the EC there is a lock at the top middle of the backpack. make sure it is unlocked othewise the backpack will not be moveable.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you should be able to move your backpack. click (and hold) any brown part of the backpack to drag it whereever you want it on your screen. in the EC there is a lock at the top middle of the backpack. make sure it is unlocked othewise the backpack will not be moveable.
Thats the problem only part of my backpack shows so cant unlock it. Installing classic client as I type and will move it that way. Thanks

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Your gold is still there in the bank, and you can use it as before. It just doesn't exist as piles of gold & cheques anymore.

Best thing I can suggest is to drop in on the Daily West Britain Bank meet, 6pm UK time (7pm CET), where a group of us meet to help new & returning players like yourself. You will have many questions.

Can't help with the backpack I'm afraid. Are you using the Enhanced Client? I use the Classic Client myself.
Found the gold thanks. A lot has changed I see. I used to play this game a lot but quit in 2003. Came back in 2014 but only hung around for a month as couldnt find many others online. Nostalgia has brought me back again so hopefully this time I stay longer. Just noticed Im classed as poor these days. 3.6m was a lot of gold in 2003. Looks like I have lots of work to do :)

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
S'why we have the daily meeting, New & Returning peeps need a lot of help to make sense of it all.

Did I mention we often have coffee?
Sometimes even Pizza.