• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just returned, and a few questions

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello decided to come back after a 6 year hiatus, decided to try the EC client and you apparently have to hit / to talk, is this something you always have to do? or can it be toggled off? because i can never remember to do that until after i write something out. so I'll be downloading the regular client in case i can't. absolutely hate having hotkeys on the keyboard when i do not want them, always used a shift then key in old client.

also, on the pet upgrade which was released, just an idea, i wonder if they would consider allowing 1 slot pets, which are not tamer only, to be trained up to 2 slots and still be owned by non tamers. This would be no different than say a vollem in a crystal(though they would still require a tamer to train up).

also was wondering on the new money system is this tied to shard or account?

k that's it for now going to download the old client for now, i guess.

thx

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I press enter to type using EC.

You can remove all the hot bars and stuff and just have macros and you can assign them to key combinations of your choice.

Money is per shard.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always been like that. Comes a bit across like you were just looking for a reason to vent about enhanced client. Have fun with the CC. Or give the EC a honest try and never look back after some months ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As DJAd said just hit enter to type and talk... this allows you to use every key on your keyboard as a macro without looking like you have turrets by typing 3295709328457923y75p934128y5p9013u5 continually or 12938719283 before you talk all the time when you are fighting...

Money is tied to all characters PER SHARD... If you transfer to another shard and want to take money you have to now remember to put it in a TRANSFER account... You can do this by going to the bank and single clicking the banker to open your bank box. Brings up an extremely confusing menu but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

IF you upgrade and train a pet at all it will then require taming to own... sorry.

If you reserve yourself to the ancient client you'll be playing with one hand tied... trust me. It takes a little effort and some time but it's WELL worth it.