• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] Just hit GM Stealing!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally hit GM Stealing! I used 2 blue scrolls and I'm saving the rest of them and the pinks I scored for later training. 20.0 points left to go for 120.0.

Is snooping difficult to train?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
First congrats on GM Stealing. Can you tell me how you did it? I'm at 82-83% and it's taking forever because pretty much all I use to steal I get the message "Very Easy" or "Too easy", even when stealing from my pack horse in Felucca in front of other NPCs in the middle of town.

Regarding Snooping. I had 27 skill as I recall so I got two SOAs for it for 10k each. Made a nice macro to just repeat last action on last target or something like that. stood next to a NPC shop keeper and snooped into his/her empty bag and used the macro. Hit 90 skill in 30 minutes.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For training Stealing, I was in my house in Fel. Used a packy that guards me, then I steal empty bottles.
they way I did it was, one bottle (1 stone each) per 10.0 points. So if you're at 83.0 stealing - make 2 stacks of bottles: one stack of 7 bottles and the second stack of 8 bottles. Alternate between stealing from each stack - this should give you a difficulty of Easy, and Optimal.

Reply with the results!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theron, one other important piece of info:: I put almost all of my skills on soulstones.
While I trained Stealing, the only other skill I had was 120.0 Magery. GGS gives more gains when you have less total skill points.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Theron, one other important piece of info:: I put almost all of my skills on soulstones.
While I trained Stealing, the only other skill I had was 120.0 Magery. GGS gives more gains when you have less total skill points.
I won't be able to do that, unfortunatelly.

I'll let you know how it goes with the bottles. I've been recommended to do it with apples as well...guess the important thing is that they stack?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have a better chance of a successful steal on stacked items because you could steal one item from the stack and get credit for a skill point gain

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For training Stealing, I was in my house in Fel. Used a packy that guards me, then I steal empty bottles.
they way I did it was, one bottle (1 stone each) per 10.0 points. So if you're at 83.0 stealing - make 2 stacks of bottles: one stack of 7 bottles and the second stack of 8 bottles. Alternate between stealing from each stack - this should give you a difficulty of Easy, and Optimal.

Reply with the results!
I think I realized what I was doing wrong. I just had a macro to steal from the pack horse and not specifically the stacked bottles. When I target the 8 stacked bottles, then I get the "Optimal" message. any way to get this into a macro in EC?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make a "Use Skill" macro. assign it to a button combination. Have your packy's backpack open, hit the macro then target your stack

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
make a "Use Skill" macro. assign it to a button combination. Have your packy's backpack open, hit the macro then target your stack
Yeah, thanks. I guess you can only have 1 stack for this to work.

Are there no individual items which can make this work with Optimal gains as well?

Last edited:

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
By the way, why do you want to take stealing to 120 skill? do you have any chance to get a "Burglar's Bandana" and "Shadow Dancer Leggings"? You could save those 30 skill points or is there an advantage to having it with real skill only?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, why do you want to take stealing to 120 skill? do you have any chance to get a "Burglar's Bandana" and "Shadow Dancer Leggings"? You could save those 30 skill points or is there an advantage to having it with real skill only?
The stackables are good for training stealing because you have a chance of stealing, let's say, 1 bottle from a stack of 9 versus only stealing a single item. So you have a better chance of stealing a stackable.

I'm kind of anal when It comes to min/max skills & skill boosting items. I like 120.0 real skill that way I'm not dependent on items.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hi I just hit 90 skill today which was my target. I followed your advice and stacked 8 bottles and started getting the "Optimal" message. I also managed to get a couple of cheap stealing SOAs and that did the trick ;)

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi I just hit 90 skill today which was my target. I followed your advice and stacked 8 bottles and started getting the "Optimal" message. I also managed to get a couple of cheap stealing SOAs and that did the trick ;)
Congrats dude! I'm currently at 115.3 - gains are SOOOOO SLLOOOWWW....

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You gained another 15.3 skill since yesterday???? Nice going ;)
Have you considered getting a Stealing SOA and then logging in every day for the GGS exclusively?

By the way you wouldn't be on Europa, would you?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gained another 15.3 skill since yesterday???? Nice going ;)
Have you considered getting a Stealing SOA and then logging in every day for the GGS exclusively?

By the way you wouldn't be on Europa, would you?
I'm on Great Lakes. Nobody seems to have any pink or blue scrolls. I've been all over the shard looking, but I've only found a few. Yeah, I been grinding like mad to get to 120.0 ...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
116.2 ... I'm getting burned out. I can't wait to train Hiding and Stealth.
Funny you should mention that, I wrote a thread some days ago about it. I don't know how you plan to train it but you should consider how I've done it. Check This Thread.
Worked pretty smoothly and fast, compared to how I was doing it before.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should mention that, I wrote a thread some days ago about it. I don't know how you plan to train it but you should consider how I've done it. Check This Thread.
Worked pretty smoothly and fast, compared to how I was doing it before.
Thanks for that. I checked it out and I'll refer to it once I get done with stealing.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just hit 117.0. Just an observation: you can gain pretty well stealing "Easy" level items, for most of my training so far. But at higher skill levels, focusing on "Optimal" level items produces better gains for me. Mixing it up with stealing a few "Easy" things also helps.