• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Just gm'd LJ, can't seem to find crystal shards

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm an elf, wearing high luck suit, with my fingers crossed, chopping in Ter Mur. I've chopped about 12k logs, all flavors, and only one crystal shard. Something has got to give here! What do you wood wizards do to keep from using your head instead of the axe against the trees?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chop the ratmen in cavern of the discarded instead
Sounds like that's more up my alley. On a side note, I did figure out how to get more chopping trees. Chop more trees! Reminds me of a new recruit asking what he could do to be able to do more push ups! DO MORE PUSHUPS FREAK! NASTY! Aaruuughha! Semper Fi to all of my brothers and chick brothers on here, happy birthday tomorrow.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my mind I can hear how that conversation went with the Dev's involved with this :

Dev 5: Hey - DevMgr - I need to put some numbers to this Crystal Shard drop for LJ's... How about 1 in 50 trees?
DevMgr: No way, more.
Dev 5: Ok, how bout 1 in 100?
DevMgr: Nah, more.
Dev 5: Hmmm... 1 in 500?
DevMgr: *Remember's his fondness for PK'n LJ's in Fel*.... More.
Dev 5: Wow... 1 in 1000?
DevMgr: Just make it 1 in 12,000...
Dev 5: Holy crap sir, that's not rare - that's insane!
DevMgr: Yea... It is, isn't it... Muahahaha

Well, somebody had to decide.... When the cat's away, the mice... well, you get it...
;)

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not quite that bad. 12k logs, not 12k trees. :D
Also it sounds like the OP had a bad run with the RNG. I've had runs like it, but I've also had runs when an hour of chopping got me 3 crystal shards.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I first the lumberjack way to get them, and gave up after a couple of hours and like 2 or 3 crystals. The ratman gave me a much better return of imbuing material along
with the crystals. The renowns take a while to kill with like 120000 hit points, but I found using deadly poisen helps to speed up the process. Just need to place the poisen
skill on your template but the spawn is pretty easy to do.