• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just Do it Already!!!!

• Thread starter Crystal Canyon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
C

Crystal Canyon

I think that we should kidnap Sara and keep her forever here on Origin. I have so enjoyed her reporting and keeping us up to date on everything happening on this shard and in game. But at the same time, I know she would appreciate some help!

A Lot of us here have already put in our time as reporters and it was awesome to say the least, but now it is someone else's turn.

I don't even want to hear the "but I cant write" thing. Ive seen some of the writing people from this shard have done. We did a story line not long ago and I was amazed at the writing ability of some you out there.

I suck at writing and if it weren't for "spell check" people would think I had lost my mind for even trying to report. So, I know for sure that there are some of you out there with actual talent that NEED to step forward and apply to help Sara out! (Besides that, we want to get her to actually playing more on this shard with us instead of only posting what all we do here!)

So Just do it people! I dare you! :thumbsup:

M

Michael Wolf

Well put Crystal. I see enough of you at every event. Same people all the time. I will gladly help someone set up UO Screen shot utility and UO Journal converter. Then all you have to do hit a key once in awhile during events for pictures and the rest you do after the event. Read your journal and pic out some highlights to post. Write a few comments and post it. Stuff like event news and such, a few quick lines and link, takes 10 minutes.

Sara is keeping up with 2 shards, surely someone who lives here can help out on Origin.

Took me a few hours to post that long article about the arena. I've written and posted short ones in 20 minutes. I just can't be reliable as the shard reporter anymore, besides, I've done my time. Your Turn.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been here, done that, and due to circumstance, I'm unable to do so for Stratics again. But I'm sure you'll find someone to fill the shoes.

C

Crystal Canyon

There's another option ... anyone can submit items for publication to me via email at Shard News Origin with Shard News Origin in the subject line. :)
I really like Sara's idea here also. It would be great if several people on the shard started writing up articles and have Sara post them.

There is so much people could report on here...guild events, hunts, anything actually that goes on on this shard. Let everyone know what is going on with the players of Origin.

This would be also eliminate having to put it all onto one or two people to have to do.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can not begin to express the mixture of emotions I felt when reading through the OP.

Call it conceit or arrogance or whatever, I felt this was directed at myself and am deeply moved and flattered that anyone is asking for me to serve in this capacity, in any capacity at all really.

In a real world that seems to clamor for my attention I feel pretty sure that my committing to six hours of service on a weekly basis would not be a good thing, for Origin, my family or myself.

I already owe Mr. Wolf a glut of apology for NOT being faithful in my service previously, I got my self behind a curve and just never found myself able to extricate Viq from what I felt was a hoppers bog of neglections.

My wife turns the big four oh later this month, and I am behind on a number of promises made to her. Yet I can't seem to prevent myself from checking in here on an all to regular basis, I do love this game.

I haven't played six hours a week in months, a combination of factors has left me trying to figure out where in the heck I want to go, what I want to do, and who I will be in UO.

I have several big commitments to a real life faith based community, and while I know that the community we form, out here in the ether of netspace is very real, I have found that I can more deeply "touch" my world face to face. In fact I'm hopeful my obligations to these people whom I also call my friends will increase dramatically over the months of summer.

RL, I'm feeling that my successes over the last six years or so do not live up to my potential, not a great place to live.

The allure of "being Viq" is HUGE. The kind of approval I get when I am "on" in this game is narcotically seductive. And more than anything else it is knowledge of this weakness that mandates I plead for your understanding.

I will, as I am able, continue to write and submit as Sara has indicated is possible. More knowledge about how to make presentation of story include pictures and other visually appealing elements would be accepted gladly. My skills in this area have improved, but certainly do not produce anything that could be termed professional.

I've talked too much, way too much.

If you actually read this far I say, "Thank ya!"

Thank you also to Crystal and MW and Sara for a sense of some confirmation. I hadn't hammered out anything in a couple of years. Verbal confirmation that I haven't lost "it" means a lot to me.

C

Crystal Canyon

Viquire,

How the heck did you see through everyone so easily? :blushing: LOL

You do write very well and should use your great talent here. I know you do some and it is always enjoyable to read.

Utilizing Sara's suggestion, maybe you will be able to commit to "sometimes."

M

Michael Wolf

I will post a 'How To' for UO screen shot and Journal Converter in the next few days for anyone who want to venture into trying their hand at reporting. You can use them to create your own news article and submit it to Sara for publication.

How's that?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hadn't hammered out anything in a couple of years. Verbal confirmation that I haven't lost "it" means a lot to me.
I can expect an email ([email protected]) when? ;)

Interacting with the people of Origin has been a rewarding experience. There are so many playstyles, points of view, etc. There has been a request for Origin history ... what a great way to build the history of tomorrow by writing what happened today, from all perspectives?

This is my open invitation to all of you to submit something you write or a screenshot (jpg or png format, please), etc. Role Players' perspective welcome.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You would have a shard vs shard battle if you tried to kidnap Sara from Baja. It would not be a pretty sight. *grins* Sharing is good.

WildStar

A

Anon McDougle

You would have a shard vs shard battle if you tried to kidnap Sara from Baja. It would not be a pretty sight. *grins* Sharing is good.

WildStar
well consider her shardnapped we have her and you will have to bring a posse to get her i figure mabye 22 people should be enough only 18 of us left to keep her here :)

M

Michael Wolf

well consider her shardnapped we have her and you will have to bring a posse to get her i figure mabye 22 people should be enough only 18 of us left to keep her here :)
Make that 19, Ghost will learn to PvP to keep Sara here...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kidnapped/Shardnapped!!! Why is this starting to sound like some sort of event to me?? hmmm

And, really, you guys are being too kind .. making me blush and all that embarassed stuff.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

WildStar

Boy Howdy WildStar ! I am glad I checked Origin to see what was happening over here. No No ..Sara is ours. Sharing we can deal with. Kidnapping Sara would start another Magencia !

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, nuh uh, no way no how. Can't have her permanently. I need my sanity over there!!!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Originians! GET IT??? :D

Oh cripes, I totally forgot what I was going to say now :bored:...Oh yes, I remember! :thumbsup:

If any of you can beat me in a sake drinking match, have done over 696,696 naked dungeon runs, and can pat your head and rub your belly at the same time while eating sushi and doing the chicken dance, you MIGHT have a chance at getting our Sara. She's just that blinkin' brilliant.

All kidding aside, I recognize some of the names here as having a shield or contributing in one form or another. You've done an excellent job in the past, and I sincerely hope that Origin gets someone to uphold and maintain that excellence of reporting your shard news. Sara's doing double-shift, people! DOUBLE-SHIFT! She needs some cosmopolitans, sake shots, and a hot stone massage with all the overtime she's put in! :shots:

To all the folks on Origin, please take care, and if you ever visit Baja and you happen to see a naked monk run past you at a very random time in a very random place, well, don't be afraid to say "Hail!"

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She needs some cosmopolitans, sake shots, and a hot stone massage with all the overtime she's put in!
OOoooooo, I have some of those with her. Hey she needs someone to help her enjoy that lol.

A

Anon McDougle

ok so new origin pvp arena for naked sake drinking contest ?? name your time my friend !!!!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so new origin pvp arena for naked sake drinking contest ?? name your time my friend !!!!
Tonight! 12:00 AM Pacific, April 22! I'm 69.6969% ahead as I've been ingesting red wine for approximately three hours, and I've got a sake bottle sitting in front of me, and a lovely shot glass to my left. I always prepare ahead. Earlier, I ran naked through Destard Felucca, Ice dungeon Felucca, and I ran naked past a Dark Father in Ilshenar. Grasshopper, I will teach you the ways to properly open a duel with a Legendary Sake and/or Alcoholic Beverage Drinker! Mwahahahahaha! Well, at least until I pass out! Again...MWAHAHAHAHA! :shots:

A

Anon McDougle

Aye i shall be there i have not touched a drop of drink in many a day but am ready to do battle !!!

i do however need a rune to the new arena if anyone could mark me one i will be in luna on Arnie Quickpalm

M

Michael Wolf

Aye i shall be there i have not touched a drop of drink in many a day but am ready to do battle !!!

i do however need a rune to the new arena if anyone could mark me one i will be in luna on Arnie Quickpalm
Can't Mark, Gate, or Recall in or out of the new Arena. Go the the Councelor's Hall on the Fel side and you'll find a Red Vortex outside the building. Go into the vortex and it will take you to the arena.

A

Anon McDougle

Aye i went in but it took me to a place in malas do we need the EMs to direct it to fel ?

M

Michael Wolf

Aye i went in but it took me to a place in malas do we need the EMs to direct it to fel ?
Hmmm. The Vortex outside of the Counselor's Hall in Tram is supposed to take you to Malas to the Award Hall, the Vortex outside the Counselor's Hall on Fel should take you to the Arena. If that's not the case then we might have to send an email to the EM's to get it fixed.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was there at the appointed time, and I didn't see anyone. I stayed until I was drooling on my keyboard! Ah well. We're having another Bazaar on Baja. It's at Baja's Skara Brae Fairegrounds, Trammel-side. I'll be tending bar if anyone from Origin would like to come! It'd be great seeing you guys and gals from here! If you check out Baja's forums, I'm sure there'll have the day/time for that. I look forward to meeting any Originians! We can get our drink on! :shots:

A

Anon McDougle

Alas i was there, i wanted to get warmed up and began drinking at 8 pm having not touched a drop in many a years i quickly passed out did you not noticed the snoring lumb in the stable area !!!

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I should follow up.

In my previous post I cited commitment to my church as one of the reasons I have a hard time leaping forward into the responsibility of reporter for this shard.

Well, as it turns out, my commitment there has increased, dramatically. Every summer in early August we put on a musical production of the off Broadway variety. This year we are doing Into the Woods, and I have been cast as The Baker which is a principle in the production.

It means with a certainty my Wednesday nights and nearly all day Sunday will be occupied.

I have continued to think about this however and our need on Origin and may have a solution of some workable kind. Just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten and when I have more that is certain I will be informing the right people.

Oh, we are also about to move our renovation efforts into the kitchen, FUN!

O

Obsession 1

Nope, nuh uh, no way no how. Can't have her permanently. I need my sanity over there!!!
Ahem, Mrs. Ori is this still a viable option for you? Err i mean heck no ladies and gents from Origin, you most certainly can not have our Ori to your very own. I am a bit more selfish and would rather not even share but we all must make sacrifices in times of need,,,,so twice a year it is. hehe:blushing:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahem, Mrs. Ori is this still a viable option for you? Err i mean heck no ladies and gents from Origin, you most certainly can not have our Ori to your very own. I am a bit more selfish and would rather not even share but we all must make sacrifices in times of need,,,,so twice a year it is. hehe:blushing:
LOL Obsession, this isn't to keep me, it's to keep our beloved Sara on Baja. I just mod here on the Origin boards. Sara's got a much harder job to do, reporting for both shards.

O

Obsession 1

LOL Obsession, this isn't to keep me, it's to keep our beloved Sara on Baja. I just mod here on the Origin boards. Sara's got a much harder job to do, reporting for both shards.
:talktothehand: I dont want to share Sara either lol.