• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Just be carefull I guess

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had one of those Blackrock and Mortar and Pestal with charges on the roof of my museum on Baja with around 10,000 charges. Well I went to check the other day and the item was gone. I can only assume that someone was nice enough to stand there and fired off 10,000 charges. Those of you with charged items, make sure to set it to Owners only. I am also guessing this is the same nice individual that went around the 3 museums with a dye tub and dyed all the special colored bags to normal dye tub bags.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sucks! What a **** whoever that was! Sorry for your loss Manti :( That is so lame

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sucks Mant, someone did that to my Rem Glor bag as well (

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought items with charges stay around once they are gone? At least when someone did that to Glowing Orb on LS a while ago that's how it worked.

Orc39

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats really suck and sad!
Before someone on my museum runied all of my 'A Magic'...items inlcuded A Magic Boots my love :/

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sucks that people can screw with your stuff when its locked down, they shouldn't be able to do anything unless you allow it.

S

shulginist

What kind of jealous person would do something like that especially to someone who has given so much to the rares community?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That really sucks. I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. Thanks for taking the time to warn the community so others might not get hurt as well.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference between spell charges and fireworks charges, it is. Spell charges stay at 0, fireworks charges destroy the item when out (easier than having to throw so many of the damn wands out, as often as people use up full ones). The LS EM warned people about it for the item that had them for us, at least.

As a rule of thumb, don't set any charged items that aren't from the original spell charge set to public (not that there's any good reason to set those public either). Stuff without charges that do special things (like the mystical moo crook) should be fine. Anything with fireworks charges or that is chargeless but makes the effects either fireworks wand does should never be set public; this is doubly so for any item that can't have its security set.

And I can't think of any situations where a person that isn't friended to or owner of a house should be able to dye anything inside of it that's locked down or secured.. that really needs to be changed.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think with the bag situation was due to the fact that it was set to public because there were contents inside for people to see which made the bag itself was accessible by anyone.

The Mortar was set to owner only but for some reason people could still access it. This might have been an isolated incident however as I did not hear anything went wrong with the other 2 back on Napa. I even checked it multiple times to make sure it was set to owner and asked a couple of people to see if they can access it and they could. So from that, a couple of charges got spent but I figured it still would be safe displayed there and visitors can fire off a shot or two when they came for a visit. I didn't expect someone would literally stand there probably consecutively for a few nights and spent all 9900+ charges. lol

The fact that he/she was willing to spend the time to fire off 100 firework wand's worth of charges meant I really pissed that person off somehow lol.

P

PoCove

Damm that is harsh ...Sorry for your loss

I to have a bunch of special bags and pouches set to lock so they can be looked in ...
Thanks for the info ...

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that, I think ill move mine then. I wonder if Mesanna would change them to a flame strike so that they can be displayed atleast.

Oh and btw they only had 1000 charges

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
funny how you can't eat peoples fruit baskets (less that was changed?), yet you can destroy uber rare items.

fighting irish

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is such a nasty thing to do. This is why i made all my houses private cos there always seems to be some ahole trying to ruin things for other people.
Sorry you lost such a great item.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that, I think ill move mine then. I wonder if Mesanna would change them to a flame strike so that they can be displayed atleast.

Oh and btw they only had 1000 charges
ah, if its only 1,000 charges then I can easily see someone use it up all in one night.

C

Charbear

I am sorry to hear about this as well. I can't imagine what drives someone to be so petty especially when you are displaying a lot of items for everyone to see and appreciate.
You probably didn't **** anyone off. There have always been people willing to take advantage of an opening like that one.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we need to be more cautious about how we display certain items in our museums. Perhaps players should set up a barrier like they do with some of the public auctions across the various shards. This way the items can still be displayed, but not touched or destroyed by the small percentage of players who enjoy ruining the game for collectors.
Perhaps a list could be made thus informing the rares community as to what to be carefull displaying in thier museums.
Sorry for your loss Manti, but thankyou for alerting the other collectors on the boards here as to this problem.

T

Tinsil

One person who had their Rem Glor bag messed up by the vandal was able to get its special color restored by a dev. Did everyone get theirs fixed?

While this sounds nice.. No I doubt it. They need to quit doing stuff for individual people unless they'll do it for everyone.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... Perhaps a list could be made thus informing the rares community as to what to be carefull displaying in thier museums...
I agree, we've been slacking on a priceguide for a while, but a list like this I think is pretty high priority.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch, just saw this thread. Sorry for your loss manti! It's always such a shame when someone will try to make things worse for others just because they can.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is to address a couple of the responses here:

1. The Dev. will fix the item but it is a time consuming process. Here are the steps:
a. Email Mesanna with the problem, tell her the shard the item came from
b. Where is the item located now (Coordinates)
c. Owner of the item (you)

What she'll do next is to confirm with the EM who created to see what the original item looked like and if they showed her proof then she'll fix it. Mind you this is something she does aside from the other 10,000 things she does out of her own time. Those who have been persistent with her she was able fix them eventually. I have heard she has fixed thus far: the color bag situation, Casca paintings, and a few other things.

2. The only thing I know that can be messed up by other players when locked down that I know of are:
a. colored bags that can normally be colored by dye tubs but set to lock down with contents inside set viewable by the public. What that does is basically set the bag public so anyone can access it (dye tub...)

b. New event items with charges make sure you set to owner first, then you may want to ask a friend to try to access it. You might spend 1 charge out of it but I think its worth the charge for the extra added piece of mind.

c. Or if you don't want to test that charge you can also display it at a location that is not reachable by others.

d. Bloody bedrolls from the LA event. Don't double click on them. If you open them up they will revert to their regular colors and loose the special hues.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, this gets better and better. Last week I guess I'll have to remember as my UO week in hell. This morning, while logging in my Atlantic vendor stocker, I find him dead next to the vendor house. I can only guess someone saw me stocking then logged out and summoned a harbinger on me. Here are some of the items I lost:

20-30 EM greeting sashes
20 or so white angel food cake
2 pans of stag cookies
10 or so herb baskets
20 or so royal guard spyglasses
4-5 green potato things

I can only blame myself for not taking the time to log him out but another lesson learned. One can never be too careful in this game.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so now second thoughts on whether it was simply random griefing or targeting... bah:mad:

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, this gets better and better. Last week I guess I'll have to remember as my UO week in hell. This morning, while logging in my Atlantic vendor stocker, I find him dead next to the vendor house. I can only guess someone saw me stocking then logged out and summoned a harbinger on me. Here are some of the items I lost:

20-30 EM greeting sashes
20 or so white angel food cake
2 pans of stag cookies
10 or so herb baskets
20 or so royal guard spyglasses
4-5 green potato things

I can only blame myself for not taking the time to log him out but another lesson learned. One can never be too careful in this game.
im sooo sorry. People are very s**t...
Anyways i have some spare asian baskets if you have to replace in ur collection. ill donate np. not much but still something

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im sooo sorry. People are very s**t...
Anyways i have some spare asian baskets if you have to replace in ur collection. ill donate np. not much but still something
thanks for the offer but I am good. I just wanted to warn people to be careful hehe.