• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a question

D

daud79

Hello fellow tamers

I was absent for about 3 years and just got back about a week ago. Im just wondering do i need taming skills (for my mule) to own a rune beetle?and do i need to upgrade my account to mondain's legacy? Thanks again

G

Yes and yes, although a Rune Beetle wouldn't be much help for a miner (unless you mine in dangerous areas. You'd do much better to get a fire beetle (walking forge) or if you can't get that, a giant beetle (rideable packie).

Rey~

D

daud79

So rune and fire beetle is different, can you kindly elaborate more on the difference? I think my my miner already has a giant beetle (the usual blue color beetle). And for fire beetle can it be ridden?
Thanks again for your reply

G

You can ride on a fire beetle and smelt ore with it. Anyone can own them.

Rune beetles are lethal pets that require high taming and lore. They have fighting and magery skills, can corrupt armor (resists are halved), and use the special ability bleed. They can also poison. There's not much use for them for a miner. They're one of the big hunting pets.

D

daud79

Oh I see now, thanks for the info, im gonna get myself one those fire beetle....cant wait hehe