• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Just a little reminder folks EM Event today!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You missed nothing. We tried to kill the boss for over an hour, the whole shard working together. But the EM didn't adjust the boss correctly and we couldn't damage it.

He called Mesanna and in the very moment HI5 showed up, Mesanna came and made the boss so easy to kill, that HI5 finished it with 2-3 people after most of us were dead or have left.

Mere coincidence? Maybe. I dont care. Total waste of time. I should have spent my time with my beautiful wife... My fault.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, another open question is, how HI5 found out where the boss was. But I remeber, EM Bennu told it several times in GC. So, no conspiracy if you ask me. Most probably just bad timing :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently, EM Bennu feels bad about how things went, there is a post explaining it on Facebook...

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a huge waste of time, she came in an adjusted it down to almost no hit points. i was alive, i casted WOD and before i could even target it.....it was dead. i didnt mind the deaths or the looting. it just wasnt fair, plain and simple.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some kind of throne, Zora offered it for sale in GC later.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Glad I went to bed early and did not waste time.
How could HI-5 take over the event with only 2-3 people?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The boss did loot. Before he became adjusted and lowered in power he killed most of more than twice and looted armor. She Mesanna came, most of us already were lots of pieces missing. And Mesanna made it very easy to kill. So neither we nor the boss were a match.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How comes you guys don't get bolas and all kill or something?

I heard it was like, 15 of you vs 3 HI-5

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only speak for myself, but having not been a PvPr, the hardest thing for me was "pulling the trigger". It's nerve wracking for non pvprs. If the large group of players that usually attends then EM events and others, ever gets their crap together, especially in their vent which im sure they all use, they could easily squash these raids. It just takes communication. Until then, it's just going to be a panic, every man for him/herself mentality. Just my opinion, I still suck at pvp, but I can pull the trigger now.
the hardest part for me was wearing nothing but a helmet by the time the 3 reds showed up. all my other gear had been looted by the boss by that point.

im pretty sure that even trammies would have no problem killing naked players.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It was all about timing. In this case terrible timing on our part and perfect timing on Hi-5's part. At the start, the boss was simply not killable and 1 shot almost everyone. Ranged players would get pulled to the boss and 1 shot. I died 4-5 times and lost bola's, quiver, legs and something else (Probably should organize my bag better). Anyway, after my quiver was taken I just stayed hidden and watched so I'm sure most of the others died way more times then I did. Each time an item was taken from them. Anyway, by the time hi-5 rolled in we were more then compromised and in no form to even attempt a fight.

The good news for Hi-5 is they killed the boss (after it was gimped by Mesanna). So essentially they looted the boss and all of our lost possessions. Good haul I'm sure.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the hardest part for me was wearing nothing but a helmet by the time the 3 reds showed up. all my other gear had been looted by the boss by that point.

im pretty sure that even trammies would have no problem killing naked players.
That was exactly the problem yesterday.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was all about timing. In this case terrible timing on our part and perfect timing on Hi-5's part. At the start, the boss was simply not killable and 1 shot almost everyone. Ranged players would get pulled to the boss and 1 shot. I died 4-5 times and lost bola's, quiver, legs and something else (Probably should organize my bag better). Anyway, after my quiver was taken I just stayed hidden and watched so I'm sure most of the others died way more times then I did. Each time an item was taken from them. Anyway, by the time hi-5 rolled in we were more then compromised and in no form to even attempt a fight.

The good news for Hi-5 is they killed the boss (after it was gimped by Mesanna). So essentially they looted the boss and all of our lost possessions. Good haul I'm sure.
Yea! And GDs died with 2-3 hits.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll take the hit on this one.

I was running protection for event with a few people but circumstances at home had me off and on afk for most of the event [including my son pulling the plug on my modem once and my computer another time - was surprised to see I was still alive at LB's castle after that one]

By the time Hi-5 rolled in most people were dead and looted a few times, people running protection had switched to pvm characters to help kill the boss (or had to log) and most of them had been looted a few times by then as well.

After Hi-5 raided, there was a group re-equipping and preparing to raid hi-5 to get the boss back but it was dead before they could even bank. We also had someone luring Boss away from area when Hi-5 raided but Mesanna pulled it back from scout directly to Hi-5.

Let Steve know I am sorry I had to run but I was holding a screaming baby in one arm and trying to get to a place to log off when showed. I can't recall or gate so I basically had to run to a safe location and I couldn't type to explain because I only had one hand free. I'm sure we will meet again and I dislike how i left things.

-Lore

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok cool! It's all Lore's fault! whew! I'll ask Hoffs how many demerits you should get once he is back.

Good job everyone else! Shame on you Lore.

I don't know about you guys but I feel a lot better.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ya we had pulled back to regroup, and were going to go fight, but by then it was too late, the boss had been nerfed and killed before we could get everyone up and ready to go back. oh well, that is life in UO.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHA Ya know I like many Gilfane's people. But sometimes when I read these boards I think damn that is really really dumb ass lame. This is one of those times. :rolleyes:
Then that joke clearly wasn't for you. No need to be a d%^k about it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I missed the event was outside with the dog enjoying the day. The dog was enjoying the day barking at the squirrels once they set one paw on her driveway lol