• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling all Writers - Catskills

Calling all Writers - Catskills
Posted by Dramora
Blue Boar Tavern - Britain
Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 08:00 PM
Until: Thursday, July 28, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britain’s first tavern night; Thursday, July 28 at the Blue Boar Tavern, will be a writing competition.

The theme: The Britain Conservatory

Bring your stories (any story having anything to do with the Britain Conservatory, even just a mention of the Conservatory), fact or fiction, and perform them at the Blue Boar Tavern on Thursday, July 28th.

The tavern will open at 7:30 PM and the performances will start at 8:00 PM.

Prizes to be awarded:

First place - $500K, plus a guarantee to be used as the first play performed by the Britain Players.
Second Place - $250K
Third Place - $100K

Winners will be chosen by Thom Gryphon, Britain Event coordinator and Dramora, Governor of Britain.

We reserve the right to use any of the entries as upcoming plays performed by the Britain Players.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you are all working hard at creating a Conservatory story and will be at the tavern on Thursday, July 28th!

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's stories.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone asked me how this will work, so I will post what I told him so we can clear up any other questions.

We are going to have people actually read whatever they write at the tavern on Thursday night. As sort of a bard night with or without the music. So it can either be written in a book, so you know what you are saying, or you can wing it. Just remember the theme is the Britain Conservatory. Either something true, or something not so true! Whatever will make a good story and play.

Both Thom and I save our journals so when we choose the winner, we will be able to get the winning entry from our journals and adapt it to our first play.

I'm hoping lots of people will join. And if there are any other questions please either ask me or Thom!