• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Public MEDUSA-Hunt this Friday, July 22, 10 PM CET

Public MEDUSA-Hunt this Friday, July 22, 10 PM CET
Posted by Eärendil
Medusa´s Lair
Friday, July 22, 2016 - 10:00 PM
Until: Saturday, July 23, 2016 - 01:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/Amsterdam)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/Amsterdam

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody,

thanks to Vic, who wanted to show Spock´s Beard that his complaints are nonsense, I got a number of sets for Medusa. We havent been there within our Hunting Campaign, so: That is your chance!

Come and join this Friday at 10 pm CET / 4 pm Eastern.

There is only one prerequisite: No tamers, no summons. I will only accept tamers/summons, if you can guarantee that you kill your pet/summon asap, when it gets mirrored by Medusa. Then we dont have a problem ;)

See you all and have fun!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way: Some players may think that there is an increasing danger of being ganked at this event - and it would be wiser not to announce it public. I understand that and I am thankful for any hint.

However, I never let others influence my playstyle. I am paying my suscription for having fun and I invite all players to join the fun and to share the loot of Medusa´s corpse. If I cant announce the event publicly, I wont be able to get a group and I wont have even a chance to have fun with my playstyle, which is cooperative and social. If I decide to stop my hunting-campaing because of the danger of some idiots showing up and ruining it, I can stop playing the game and paying my suscription.

So, I will go there in my cheapest suit and fight Medusa with all those who want to share in. There are safety measures, which are easy:

(1) Take your cheapest suit. If we are enough players, Medusa will be no big deal.
(2) Bring a bag of sending with you, most of the loot and drops can be send out so that you wont lose the profits of your hard work to idiots.
(3) We will check the place infront of the Medusa´s Lair. If the PKs show up, there are easy ways to get out of the situation without confronting them. This is especially important for younger, unexperienced players. We will find a way to make the hunt worthwile for you.

If you want to join, please write me a PM, I will set up a PM-group and discuss the safety measures.

We will have alot of fun - they wont.

:gee:

P.S.: I think I will send all my loot and my complete suit via a bag of sending before I leave Medusa´s Lair. If they are outside, they can kill a naked men - but they wont get one single piece of me, hahaha. Ok, just kidding. Thats one option - but we have more ;)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well said Doc, keep up your good work with the hunts. Add me to the group, I'm still a noob when it comes to this hunts, it will be my first Medusa :p

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, a last thing: Getting out with the loot wont be a problem, I bet. But if we are ambushed when we try to get in (which is a possibility), I will have a Plan B for our hunt. There are many other locations we can go and have fun withour being disturbed. I will send out a scout to check the place. If the PKs are waiting for us, we will work out a new plan.

We meet at my museum, I friend you so that you can use the teleporter under the snowy tree infront (I moved it due to cosmetical reasons).

Thanks to Tjalle for giving me good advice!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Tjalle has good info on things in game. Other thing is You could send out an alt, if anyone is there the rest can use help stuck out mode. I think you can do that when in a peerless still.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that was the second option to come out. Stuck call is easiest. However, we have 3-4 sets, so we have to find a way. Entering might be a bigger issue, but wait and see. Maybe those guys have to work at that time... If they have an employment. With Atlantic PKs you never know if they are productive members of human society...

Sorry, Freja. I couldnt resist...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wernt Kelmo and the other Siege elites bemoaning this exact type of play style in the other thread? Something about don't be afraid to die and If you can't take losing a suit, this isn't the shard for you. I believe he always ends his silly little rants with.... Trammel is that way - - - - - >

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Wrong. You were right, if I kept my hunts in secrecy. If I would do my own thing. But I am inviting publicly offering fun and loot for other players and try to keep the event safe even for people who don't know how to defend themselves in PVP (like me). Why should I be a lamb in a slaughterhouse for some egoistic asses? No, Sir! I am doing a social event for this shard and try to include some newbs, offering them encounters they could never do alone. It's just reasonable to find safety measures, especially with cheaters at your doorsteps.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I am not afraid losing a suit, I just dont want to serve it on a silver plate ;)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wernt Kelmo and the other Siege elites bemoaning this exact type of play style in the other thread? Something about don't be afraid to die and If you can't take losing a suit, this isn't the shard for you. I believe he always ends his silly little rants with.... Trammel is that way - - - - - >

Hello Freelsy, I am not afraid to die on Siege, occasionally I die on Siege I don't shed one teardrop. I lose my suits to monsters and toons alike. I never ask for my stuff back. But I do try and outsmart the fox. To try and not do that is dumb. Murderers should at least have to work for it. Glad your back, kill me anytime you catch me out and about. I am often out and farming something ! Cya later!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BDs way to argue is so much more elegant than mine. Hit the nail!

Last edited:

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would have no problem doing medusa with you guys, However... I have no gear and since I cannot PVP for gear I need to PK Innocent people.

I need to eat!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Victim told me that the eggs wont probably last that long. I will work out something tomorrow.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Victim told me that the eggs wont probably last that long. I will work out something tomorrow.
I'll be out in the morning my time tomorrow and should be good for the afternoon my time.

I'll be in the game a lot working on making slayer books and going for superslayers. Only one I have so far is the undead one. *grumbles* Should be around the house scribing myself silly if your around and want to come by.

And I didn't toss another couple hundred Gates into the hub mailbox yesterday.... *grumbles some more*

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
HI-5 will not intervene with Dr and the good people of TDO and else. However, GIL tags will be killed at this event. We will not kill or loot anyone else.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
HI-5 will not intervene with Dr and the good people of TDO and else. However, GIL tags will be killed at this event. We will not kill or loot anyone else.
I believe most TDO PvP'ers (who join the hunt) will have to try to protect the hunting group including GIL or anyone, who may join, however we will not loot any of you unless we have to stop you from reattack or to get back items who was looted from members of the hunting group. If we have to do that, we will return gear after, that do not belong to members of the hunting group.

Not possible to stay neutral when members of the hunting group get killed.
And I will not accept if someone, GIL or others in the hunting group loot anyone I/TDO kill or had part in killing unless it is their own items they loot back.

That's where I stand, bring the fun :grin:
But you could also choose to leave the hunt alone :heart:

Last edited:

Aroz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am not worried about any of my guys dying Freja. Too good. I understand we will get attacked by everybody but GIL's/JIL's suits are the only ones I am interested in :) Will hope for a fun day though :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am not worried about any of my guys dying Freja. Too good. I understand we will get attacked by everybody but GIL's/JIL's suits are the only ones I am interested in :) Will hope for a fun day though :)
I will be wearing my rags, suits made by my tailor for any events I come to

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me know if you plan to do this one again. The eggs are easy to get, I can get 5 or 6 sets in an hour or less, and they last 6 days I believe. I've solo'd it a few times, meaning I've gone in alone, died multiple times, and left alone.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event is canceled. If anybody wants to organize the Medusa-Hunt, I can give you Victim´s eggs. I can´t do it at the moment because of schedule-problems.

Next hunt will be in September - vacation now.

Thank you all and sorry.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event is canceled. If anybody wants to organize the Medusa-Hunt, I can give you Victim´s eggs. I can´t do it at the moment because of schedule-problems.

Next hunt will be in September - vacation now.

Thank you all and sorry.
Reality can get in the way, as people say **it happens. :pie:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be back. And remember: There are 20 Medusa eggs available for the next 3 days. Take em and have fun!