• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Journey to Athenaeum Isle

• Thread starter Lord_Armageddon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
L

Lord_Armageddon

Has anyone started this quest? (Given by the queen) If so, where is the teleporter to the island?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes in the quest q it tells you where to go go south west till you hit the water across from the isle and there is a teleporter there also be very carefull the isle is full of demons the teleporter has raptors near it so watch for them

L

Lord_Armageddon

I went to the flyway, then walked along the bank, but haven't found the teleporter. I went more south then west, maybe I need to look more to the west.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
when you leave the city go south then take the western bridge and go south again there is a semi narrow pasage that will take you down near the area you need to be in i will try to post a pic later

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
here is the location hope it helps

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
spawn is insane!

160 barding ability
60 phys, 50 fire, 100( yes 100) cold and poison, 50 energy. they seem to have some kind of area effect hit.

Have not observed dedicated tamers trying to work them, but since the area effect, healing by vet will probably not work well as they retarget easily.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Provocation seems to be the best way to deal with them. But it probably takes an hour that way.

They have firebreath too :p.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 1,000 gold loot...have brown hued books you have to collect for the quest I guess. 80 loyalty to Queen when killed I assume (I had a 50/30 split). Took about forty minutes to kill one, provo'd two together, discorded both, and put two rising colossus on one.

An edit for clarification, I used two mystics chars at once, one of them being a provo-discord mystic.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 1,000 gold loot...have brown hued books you have to collect for the quest I guess. 80 loyalty to Queen when killed I assume (I had a 50/30 split). Took about forty minutes to kill one, provo'd two together, discorded both, and put two rising colossus on one.
Oh well, its nice to know whom I was working with lol.

L

Lord_Armageddon

when you leave the city go south then take the western bridge and go south again there is a semi narrow pasage that will take you down near the area you need to be in i will try to post a pic later
Thanks Storm. I found it. I'm a gargoyle, so I was flying and it didn't let me through the first time. I had to come out of fly mode, and the spawn on the island was like walking into a hornets nest. Unbelievable. Didn't last 10 seconds. I'll have to buff up and try again. Probably just wasn't in the right spot. Hard to do sometimes in fly mode.

Glad I've got the TC to play with before having to do this one in real-time. LOL

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok i went and took a look, yes i died the first time, and noticed no healers but heard that there was an anka but i did not see one in there. and wondered if some one can post the location for that if there is one in there?

Question 2, have any mages tried to solo one of these with magic? if so pls do tell of your methods...

Question 3 how does a mare/rune bug combo do aginst one?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quest done. All 10 items (books/scrolls) turned in. Mostly solo & took hours.
Gonna go eat some dinner but I'll be back to post w/ screenshots and book/scroll
contents and reward item.

WARNING : I dont know how to do the 'Spoiler' hidden thingy. If you dont want to know this then please dont read my next post :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Acid did you find that every demon you killed was in possession of a book?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Quest done. All 10 items (books/scrolls) turned in. Mostly solo & took hours.
Gonna go eat some dinner but I'll be back to post w/ screenshots and book/scroll
contents and reward item.

WARNING : I dont know how to do the 'Spoiler' hidden thingy. If you dont want to know this then please dont read my next post :)
spoiler]test[/spoiler only put the square brackets on each side the one I showed just needs them at the ends []

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, one mystic bard w/ alil bit of magery for inviso. Started at the Queen, accepted the quest, went to the teleport spot, and entered the Isle. Started slow with just a couple. Nice fellow named Skeet showed up and thought maybe a Harbinger could make things go alil faster. The Harbinger got pwned & for the short time he was alive, he was more trouble then he was worth.

Once I got my system down I started doing them in groups of 8-10. After 10 u loose health bars so over 10 it just becomes a HUGE PITA. After doing them in groups of 8-10 repeatedly for a few hours Saturday, I'd gotten 7 of the items. After a few more hours today (Sunday) I had all 10 items. Seems the least to drop are the 2nd & 3rd items on the list, a Gargish Document - Athenaeum Decree and a Gargish Document - Letter from the King. In the time it took those 2 to drop, I'd gotten 3-5 of each of the other 8 items. This could have just been my luck because it seems mostly random.

Took all 10 of the items, placed in the top level of my backpack, to the Queen & quest highlighted them. She thanked me kindly and rewarded me a book with 500 charges. Pic shows all the items in the order theyre listed in the quest from left to right, top to bottom as well as the reward book w/ charges. The book opens into a story 33 pages long w/ no apparent way to activate the charges listed on the cover.

A few people showed up along the way and were very kind to help in whatever way they could & I thank them. Thanks Lady Alice from Great Lakes, Skeet, Blissey, and False Pretense. Thanks for help on both days Blissey :)

In all probably took about 7-8hrs (3.5-4hrs per day for 2 days). Not every minion will drop an item, I did keep track & it should be around 30-40% drop rates. I had 36 of the items total and it took me just over 100 minions killed to get all of the 10 items individually. Also, if you choose the bard path you will fail ALOT. I can not stress the word ALOT strong enough, lol. Even with demon slayer instruments prepare to do a ton of running, hiding, invisoing, healing, and anything else you can think of to stay alive. Its not uncommon to loose corpses because sometimes they're impossible to loot. They are not going to make this easy for anyone.

On a side note, I think once you read all the documents/books & the Queens book in succession it tells a very intriguing and compelling history of our friends the gargoyles :) Whoever wrote the storylines did a great job. If folks are interested in seeing all the document/book's content I could post them. I took screenshots of all the contents before I turned them in because I wasnt giving ya'll a chance to say 'W/O screenshots this thread/post is worthless!' - LOL. My 1st time posting anything like this so go easy on me kiddies :)

EDIT : To post a pic of the ressurection spot but I have to make another post since I've already posted the max of 5 screenshots per post.

Attachments

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a courtesy toward other players, please try NOT to lure spawn onto the only resurrection spot on the navigable Isle. I went back to take this pic and some guy (not the one in the pic) appeared to be luring spawn all around the Ankh. Of course it killed him eventually. Normally nothing spawns in this immediate area. I lured everything off but not before it had already killed several players trying to resurrect :(

Edit : Thanks Storm for explaining the hidden Spoiler thingy but I was making my post at the time u posted urs so I didnt see it until after mine was up, sorry !

Attachments

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can exit through the same place you enter though, so if you can't rez on the island you can still leave and rez elsewhere. Just saying.

What they should have done was make it like Doom's Gauntlet. There are hardly any replications of that system, in which you pay to get rezzed and are protected within a room.

Anyway, pending what the charges on the book do, I don't think I'll be participating in this quest. If it's just deco and history then that's neat but really not something I'm going to spend extended time on, hehe.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find the biggest pain is the trapdoor spiders. How r u dealing with them?

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The trapdoor spiders are handy if you fail at proving the demons.
Sort of a life saver,other then that they dont realy hit hard enough to be a problem for long.

But i do see the deamons have a range limit to being pulled from starting spot.
They bounce back to were they came from, almost like Abyss mini boss.

That i like, saves having 20 in one spot...
Now they just need to increese the scroll drop rate.

Killed 10 and not one scroll,or zip there was 4 of us killing the demons.
Make it fun,not a full time job for this...