• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Join the Sosarian Communication Network!

• Thread starter Solomon Wright
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Solomon Wright

Welcome to the Sosarian Communication Network.

Mobilize. Organize. Energize.

What is the Sosarian Communication Network?

In order to effectively mobilize our population and better organize our efforts, a reliable, up-to-the-minute system of communication must be established. Message boards in local taverns are effective to a point, but real-time updates are necessary when building, coordinating and maintaining structures of significant scale.

With Casca's ascent, Kasaven's kidnapping, and the dreams of Owain Surrey speaking to dark times ahead, the ability to quickly execute a response to any event is critical.

In order to facilitate this, the SCN has been established.

Who manages the Sosarian Communication Network?

We all do. To join, simply use pigeons, communication crystals or telepathy (all also known as ICQ) to connect with as many active citizens as you meet. By maintaining a contact list of all potential allies, community is strengthened, new alliances will be fostered, new stories will be born, and our ability to respond to events as they unfold will increase exponentially.

To maintain ordered lines of communication, all citizens interested in participating should connect with myself, Solomon Wright (441758722). Once we're connected, immediately contact me with any breaking news, and I will send out a notice to every other SCN subscriber. This allows for citizens you haven't met to receive your updates, allows for anonymity for those who wish to remain in the shadows, consolidates information flow for historical record, and limits network-wide announcements to a single source. If I'm unresponsive or unavailable, you still have the portion of the Network you've connected with available to you.

How do I get started?

Some call it "sending pigeons", others use "communication crystals", and still others use "telepathy". All of it requires you to wield the following resource: ICQ.

Once you've acclimated yourself, add myself, Solomon Wright (441758722) to begin receiving announcements. Send breaking news my way, and be sure to share your contact information with as many people as possible, to establish greater interconnectivity on a shardwide scale.

Is there anything I should be prepared for?

According to Owain Surrey, we should be prepared to coordinate the rescue of Emissary Kasaven in approximately two weeks' time. The Sosarian Communication Network stands ready to keep citizens informed, connected and prepared as this mission approaches, and new futures unfold.

The Sosarian Communication Network is part of a larger initiative currently in the formative stages. Stay tuned for further announcements in the coming weeks...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy mate!

Ye can expect ta see a parrot wit' me name attached in the near future!

I like your way of thinkin'.

-Aneirin of the United Pirates.

C

Corvak

This sounds like a fine plan! Count me in!

-Corvak, Emissary of Saber and Rose.

((I havent used ICQ in almost ten years, heheh))

C

CatLord

I like this idea... except it has an obvious flaw... a central ICQ.

If each sent message carries the # of the sender... we can create a multi centered network...

This will prevent it from falling if anyone leaves...

My icq is 169-320-850

Send me a message and I'll send you all the numbers in my list...

Thank you.

Pitr, the Thread Necromancer... braving the past, when no one dares.

PS:
A suggestion... create folders based on shards... so you only mass send the info to the right shards. (something I obviously dont do)
This time we lost Owain Surrey...
And last... if you want to mass send messages, use icq2003b.