• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jewelry question

K

Khaelieth

Bit of a noob at taming and was wondering if at my current skill level (73.4) it would be smart to equip a +10 ring so there are creatures around 50% chance (at 73.4 there are only creatures at 40 and 60, aside from crocs at 50), or if that slows down my gains?

G

Yes, that will work fine I did the same thing. Your gains should be preaty steady untill you get into the 90's real skill as long as you are taming the correct critters.

D

Detharleon

(just to tap into a similar subject)
Ok, so I have 90 real skill, 120 lore. 120 taming w/jewelry.
According to the calc my 'sweet spot' should be white wolfs(50%) or giant spiders(62%).
I have points to spare, taming turned up and I spent about 4 hours last night working both and after my initial guarenteed .1 ,I didn't get nadda... is it really this bad or am I picking the wrong critters?

thanks.

G

No, gains in taming just suck. I've been in the 60's for the past two weeks and I've must've tamed at least several hundred polar bears, snow leopards and white wolves.