• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

jewel question

S

shadowlkj

if im scrolled to 120 archery. can i have 70 archery real skill, then add hunter headdress plus two +15 jewels to get to 120 ? will i still be able to use the specials as long as my tactics is 90? i figure it would free up about 50 skill points if i do it this way.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

if im scrolled to 120 archery. can i have 70 archery real skill, then add hunter headdress plus two +15 jewels to get to 120 ? will i still be able to use the specials as long as my tactics is 90? i figure it would free up about 50 skill points if i do it this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can do this. I would suggest NOT doing it though, as once you do, you're tied to those items until you actually build the skill up to a full 120. You'll find you have much more freedom in what you can do with your suit if you're not using +skill items.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes but with the hunters headdress you can go out and fight tougher stuff like peerless and your skill does still rise as long as you have real points.

i did it this way, as the skill went up i dropped the skill bonus stuff.

this also let me search for nicer jewellery and get my armor in check as its very expensive.

K

Kakitasteel

Agreed, i was at 105 arch scrolled to 120 using H/H for the ophid invasion took me all the way to 120.
half the fun is finding better gear to incorporate into your suit to make it better.

I

imported_GFY

1 important thing to remember about jewelry. You only have so many possible slots for skills, resists, FC, FCR, dex increase, HCI, DCI, DI,... well you get my point.

Using skills on your jewelry are only good in 2 situations (IMHO of course)

1) While training, so you can fight something worth killing for skill gain and loot.

2) If your playing a complex template and need the skill points to be able to accomplish what you want to accomplish. The down side of this is you "marry" your template to the gear you need to get the skill points your after.