• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy, Draconi and all of you UO ppl

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a hurricane on the way to Houston and the powers that be tell us we will probably be without power for a while. It could be days or even a week or more.
Please don't do any cool event stuff in game while we are away. =) Please?

Ps. For those of you who like to watch live broadcasts of situations such as this our local tv stations can be found at khou.com (CBS), ktrk.com (ABC), click2houston.com (NBC) and myfoxhoustonlive.com (FOX).

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck out there guys. Be safe. You're all in my thoughts this weekend.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a guess ... but since they were initially planning on being in Austin this weekend, and have had to cancel that, I would say that the liklihood of them scheduling events in the next few days is fairly low. GL and stay safe :)

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a guess ... but since they were initially planning on being in Austin this weekend, and have had to cancel that, I would say that the liklihood of them scheduling events in the next few days is fairly low. GL and stay safe :)
I would think so, too. It's just that sometimes it takes weeks to restore power and services to all parts of the affected area.
I guess we could go hop online at a coffee shop or something if our UO withdrawal becomes too severe. :sword:

Thanks to each of you for your good wishes.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
blissmarie and family ~ stay safe and hopefully nothing big will happen in game till Ike is gone and you have power back!
:grouphug:

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its Texas.. Im not too worried.. You dont mess with Texas.

(unless its the Bears.. which destroy the Cowgirls every time) ;)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Its Texas.. Im not too worried.. You dont mess with Texas.

(unless its the Bears.. which destroy the Cowgirls every time) ;)
hehe 2481 Days (I beleive) and counting since Dallas won a playoff game.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a hurricane on the way to Houston and the powers that be tell us we will probably be without power for a while. It could be days or even a week or more.

Ps. For those of you who like to watch live broadcasts of situations such as this our local tv stations can be found at khou.com (CBS), ktrk.com (ABC), click2houston.com (NBC) and myfoxhoustonlive.com (FOX).
Please be safe, I'm from that area, and I know how rough it can get.

Good luck!

S

ShadowJack

tell IKE that tina isn't in Texas, so not to slap you too hard

And tell him thanks a lot for my gas going up a dollar a gallon overnight

my little bro lives in San Ant... what's the effect of the hurricane there? I might have to call him

T

Tazar

San Antonio is close enough to shore that it is in a danger zone for flash flooding, high winds, etc... they'll probably get everything a non-coastal city could as they are in the line of fire.

Hope everyone fares well through all of this!

S

ShadowJack

yeah good luck guys. I'm from Atlantic Beach, NC and have had my share of hurries

blackout party! Have fun and be safe you guys.

No looting while the gms are evacuated ;)

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope you and wraith both have evacuated the area,I hate to loos such good friends to stupid storm Like Ike.be safe and stay alive.

we just got 7.89 inches of rain yesterday from the remnants of tropical storm lowell(pacific) when Ike forced it to go more to the north west and slowed it down too.we got flash flooding like crazy but I ma mostly dry and safe now.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi BlissMarie,

Good luck, keep your head down, and best wishes to you, yours & Texas on riding this out safely!

E

Evilminion

And if they DO implement new content while you're offline, I promise as a fellow LA player to snag event goodies for both you and Wraith.

Now get your house prepped, just in case, and stay safe, lady!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hope you stay safe and all blows over without too much destruction.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
currently on my own island with my generator running my essentials and abuseing teh wifi connections, We could possiably be without power for 3 weeks tehy are saying, so please keep us in your prayers, as we are looking for a possiably 20 foot storm surge or wall of water, with teh high tide and 6-8 foot waves on top of that, within the next 4-7 hours. I will try to update you all fmro ground 0 of Ike anyone interested in seeing the local newsfeeds this is a good link that you can peek for yourselfs

http://www.myfoxhoustonlive.com/

Good luck fellow neighbors,
Hunkered down in Baytown

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*huggles to all down south*
Please, please, please don't take any chances we want to see yah all safe, alive, and onery as ever on the boards!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hey Conner and the rest of you North Texas folks. Looks like Ike is heading up 45. It may take a right soon. How you folks doing? I hope you Houston area folks are on a laptop somewhere else!

S

Sebrina

-Native Houstonian myself- Austinite now. -I've been through many of those and feel for you all. There is only cloudy skies here in Austin, and such a shame that they cancelled the Town-Hall, but "safe is better than sorry!"

It looks like the path will be heading up the I 59 corridor and take rain up along East Texas and Louisianna to Shrevesport then head NE.

C

Connor_Graham

Hey Conner and the rest of you North Texas folks. Looks like Ike is heading up 45. It may take a right soon. How you folks doing? I hope you Houston area folks are on a laptop somewhere else!
We're just getting wet. Houston got nailed, with windows in the downtown skycrapers being blown out all over town. They're talking about flooding throughout the area. Here in the Dallas area there's just been on and off rain for most of the day up until about a half hour ago or so. It's been lightly raining steadily since then, but that's it. I imagine the drag races probably got rained out this weekend, although they may have gotten some of the prelims done on Friday.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im luckly on a wifi access atm not much is available to me, House has major damage, but im in it and refuse to leave, im being stubbourn and figure im going to be unconfortable, im going to stay unconfortable in a familar location. being alive is best now, everything else can be rebuilt and repaired. I look forwaard to getting back and casueing hell to blow off steam when i get hard lines back.

stay safe guys.

Still hunkered down in Baytown

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is a few pictures of personal damage if anyone is interested

neighbors house

My pier before Ike

My pier after Ike

Someone elses dishwasher in my yard

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We made it! Yay! We just got our power back tonight and I am really happy about it! I love air conditioning! I love the internet! =)

It has been a rough ten days and Ike was a frightening storm. Fortunately, we didn't have too much damage. We have some roof damage and had one window broken, but we only had water in part of the house.

We ended up driving around a lot yesterday and we didn't see even one household that wasn't damaged by the storm in one way or another. We did see some businesses that didn't appear to be damaged, but they might have been repaired already. I don't want to go through another strong storm or its aftermath. Anyway, we're safe and sound.

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes! Draconi and crew - thanks for not doing anything exciting in game while we were away. =)

T

timbeOFbaja

Just it time for the granite stacking patch!!!

Glad you're safe and back home.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First time I've ever heard anyone say thanks to the powers that be in UO for NOT doing anything.

Glad yer ok, welcome back.

K

Kensai Tsunami

I feel ya BlissMarie.
Grew up in houston myself - 40+ yrs.
Went thru tons of storms but not many since Carla caused such massive damage as Ike.

Just outside Baton Rouge now and we made it thru Gustav with minimal damage ourselves thankfully, but 100's of 1000's here went thru pure hell for about 2 weeks ...some still are without power.

Glad you made out ok.

We missed the final days of the turn-ins and the launch of pub 55/56 to our shard, but hey, least we didnt all get blown into the gulf aye?

:D