Jeremy / Devs - Add Invisibility to Imbuing Please!

• Thread starter Kyrie_Elaison
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
  • Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
K

Kyrie_Elaison

I would like to see invisibility added to imbuing properties. I am one of the "oldschool" players that still likes to have the ability to use invisibility charged items (instead of wasting space on a skill like Ninjitsu just so I can hide.)

Please consider adding it to the chart of item properties.

:bowdown:

X

Xel Naga

pvp will be ruined.

hiding will become a pointless skill.

people will be able to aggro and immediately invis with an item. stack enough invis items in a backpack and you can solo any pvm content without ever being hit.

you will never die with an equip invis item macro.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
pvp will be ruined.

hiding will become a pointless skill.

people will be able to aggro and immediately invis with an item. stack enough invis items in a backpack and you can solo any pvm content without ever being hit.

you will never die with an equip invis item macro.
No it wont...
You can reveal people who use that spell with 0 detect easily.
They have invis pots, and that didn't even effect PvP one bit

Before AoS they had invis items, that didn't change anything either.

And saying people will start stacking invis items is a huge exaggeration. The time it will take to stack up on all those items will be a waste of time for prepping to PvM or PvP. It just unrealistic that anyone would want to do that.

S

Sheridan

Invis potions have timers and other restrictions like no moving etc.

X

Xel Naga

along with needing a free hand to drink it.

Where as invis would simply mean having a ton of clothing that you can pop ontop of your existing armor and get an invis instantly.

Oh what's that? someone just cast FS? oops invised before they could target. Revealed? ooops ill just reequip the item and be invised again.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
along with needing a free hand to drink it.

Where as invis would simply mean having a ton of clothing that you can pop ontop of your existing armor and get an invis instantly.

Oh what's that? someone just cast FS? oops invised before they could target. Revealed? ooops ill just reequip the item and be invised again.
Yeah, and charges will run out, too. No one had a problem with invis items before AoS when they were common.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

The oldschool invisibility items act in the same manner.

I have always used invis items when t-hunting. I equip an invis item when the spawn pops, which allows me to prepare for the fight without having all of the spawn targeting me at once. Run off screen real fast and then come back to fight one monster at a time (of course I'm talking about the high level t-maps.)

Allowing us to have invisibility items would be no different than giving us pots or smoke bombs, except it would allow you to have it on an item so you don't have to carry those extra items.

I was thinking they could add it to imbuing and it would add say 25 charges to an item. Nothing too overwhelming, but enough that it would be worth it for someone like me.

:)

F

Fink

If Invis pots don't upset the balance, why not just use those instead? It's a simple matter to set up a UO:Assist macro, arguably even simpler to set up a hotkey in KR.

D

D'Amavir

Yeah, and charges will run out, too. No one had a problem with invis items before AoS when they were common.
Yes they did. That's one of the reason they were removed after AoS. Because soooo many people had a problem with a no cost, no wait time and no skill required item being able to accomplish what a midlevel mage or a GM hider couldn't even do. Bringing it back would be a very stupid thing to do.

So, be looking for invis items to return in the next few patches.

X

Xel Naga

Yes they did. That's one of the reason they were removed after AoS. Because soooo many people had a problem with a no cost, no wait time and no skill required item being able to accomplish what a midlevel mage or a GM hider couldn't even do. Bringing it back would be a very stupid thing to do.

So, be looking for invis items to return in the next few patches.
Yea, let's bring back full suits of items with unlimited bless charges too.

I miss having 300 of every stat.