• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

January 9th: TC3 down as in down town

G

For Pete's sake... for the love of God... Guys, please try again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's still a no go

[/ QUOTE ]

I need for you to tell me what error message you're getting please.

K

Kymberleigh

I get this error: "Could not launch the game... Please verify that the game is installed and has not been tampered with..."

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Still no go for me Pari. Can someone provide an updated link to the EA Land one click install? My old link - http://ea-land.ea.com/EALand/setup.htm - isn't working...

[/ QUOTE ]

Error message?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same one hun - 'Could not launch the game... Please verify that the game is installed and has not been tampered with...'

G

I want you to try something. Try to patch to one of the production cities (AV, BF, etc), go to a house there, and then patch back to TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nope... still no go.

[/ QUOTE ]

What error are you getting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, same message as before when I use the tso patch icon.

This when I try the client icon

K

Kymberleigh

I am still getting the same ole error ..
Even trying to get in the production cities

G

<blockquote><hr>

I want you to try something. Try to patch to one of the production cities (AV, BF, etc), go to a house there, and then patch back to TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't let me patch to a production city, I get the same message as before when I try to do that

G

I didn't have any problem updating and getting in to the game. I don't have the EALand login so not sure that's the problem. Still using the old TSO login.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to do as you suggested, but I get the same message as everyone else. 'Could not launch the game. Please verify that the game is installed and has not been tampered with.'

I get this message on choosing TC3 and TSO. I have the EA-Land install.

Since I can't sleep anyway, I'm baking bread. I'll invite ya'll for breakfast

G

Okay, thank you guys for helping us. We've contacted NOC and they are working on it. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys!

We're going to fix this as soon as we can. At this point we've determined that there's nothing that you guys or the EA-Land team can do. We are all looking at NOC with adoration in our eyes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nope... still no go.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on one computer i got those mesages too. only fix was to reinstall as it says...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, thank you guys for helping us. We've contacted NOC and they are working on it. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you guys!

We're going to fix this as soon as we can. At this point we've determined that there's nothing that you guys or the EA-Land team can do. We are all looking at NOC with adoration in our eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Parizad and NOC. I appreciate all you are trying to do very much.
&lt;3

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

nope... still no go.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on one computer i got those mesages too. only fix was to reinstall as it says...

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, since I'm on prehistoric dial up, I would very much like to avoid that.

I

imported_SimTripps

Thanks, Pari!

I can't even patch to production cities either - gave it a go, and am still getting the same ol' 'Could not launch the game.. ' error msg.

Tell those NOC people the next round's on me, k? lol...

G

I have been in other cities today while tc3 was down, but I shut down for an hour and when I came back, tc3 was reopened, but Im getting the same message.. I get this error: "Could not launch the game... Please verify that the game is installed and has not been tampered with..." This is on TSO as i dont have anything about EALand.. Im very new and trying to figure it out.. I chose to fix files at login, but it says it did not work. Tried it three times..rebooted computer as well.. Should I download it again or maybe the EALand? Not sure.. I know your aware of it, but just wanted to add that I am getting the same message as the others posting here.. Thanks..

G

I see that you are trying to get it worked on by others.... the xp loaded fine here without any delay... the Vista updated then got the "could not launch the game. please verify that the game is installed and has not been tampered with. can't ignore or quit... only quit usable. selected quit.. attempted to launch the game and got

the app has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log for more details.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

I can't get in either Parizad. I'm getting the same message as Sim Tripps...."this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

G

HERE WE GO AGAIN. OH!A Nice shiney thingamabob
[and I can update ,but I can't get in TC3 .I hope this is fixed a long with the Paypal and other Things I just read about.So I am upset yeah
I am such a carm person but.. WHY AGAIN ! This isn't the first time.I have played TSO over 4 years and my hair has turned white
BTW.Why is the objects we are allowed to make so dang hard for us to do
Or is it a blond or white hair ? I do try to be nice I do. 11:00 EST. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

B

bigcuban

I know lots of people have informed you already but Im also having the same issue about the download andbeing tampered with lol.... just wanted to let you all know

G

Yeah, just too bad I can't play now, have to get out of the house in 20 mins

Hope I can still play when I come home

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, just too bad I can't play now, have to get out of the house in 20 mins

Hope I can still play when I come home

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yep and I have to get "up" in 3 hours to get kids off to school.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I re-downloaded this and now I'm in.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&amp;displaylang=en

[/ QUOTE ]

This worked for me too!
I downloaded and installed, then tried to log in. I could enter my username and password, and then enter TC3. Thanks for the tip, Glitter!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome.

Just so glad it worked. My twitching desperation made me try it, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Gracie! That worked for me too.

(I'll have to come use your bathroom!
)

btw....cute little pink box around the slide thingy on our bios

S

Synfully Sweet

ok well heres one for ya,
I could load the game go into game... went to a skill house... got the oops all roomates have left.... tried to join another house, loading freezes at 50% get a message " Avatar Leasing Error" this is the 3rd day in a row i got this. I gave up and went to bed. anyone know about this?

any help in avoiding this would be appreciated! thanks

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Not many answering you there.

I've only had that happen occassionally and generally logging all the way out of the game helps. Sometimes if it seems persistent, I'll warm boot my computer and that generally fixes it.

I've noticed I hang a lot now that I have Vista. I think my problem specifically has to do with the Symantec's 'firewall'. But again, I just log out and then back in and it clears.

I don't know what else to tell you.

S

Synfully Sweet

ty for your response :) i unfortunately tried all that... so i dunno... lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I re-downloaded this and now I'm in.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&amp;displaylang=en

[/ QUOTE ]

This worked for me too!
I downloaded and installed, then tried to log in. I could enter my username and password, and then enter TC3. Thanks for the tip, Glitter!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're welcome.

Just so glad it worked. My twitching desperation made me try it, lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Gracie! That worked for me too.

(I'll have to come use your bathroom!
)

btw....cute little pink box around the slide thingy on our bios

[/ QUOTE ]

Yw and feel free to come use my bathroom too.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

Guys, as Lee posted here, the only fix we know of right now is to reinstall the game.

Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Np - thx, Pari! I though it was because I didn't have the EA Land install. However... the updater worked on three other computers (note: geek squad house lol...). On the 3 it worked on, I updated using the TSOPatch.exe only... With the pc the update caused the headaches, I did the update using the TSOClient.exe...

So for those of you who still use the TSOClient for windowed mode, whenever there's an update, only use the TSOPatch.exe to update.... after you update, THEN you can use the windowed Client to play.

Okies... I'm off to reinstall lol...

G

Is TC3 still down? I can not get in at all. I have tried using the TSO.exe as well as the old tso.client. It says the game is not on my system and that I know is not true. I have kept up to dateon all patches as I am on dial up and takes me forever to download if I do not keep up to date as thy ar released. Besides I do play every day in TC3.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If you are still having trouble check your tso folders

Inside the tsopatch folder (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch)

or (C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch)

You should find a folder named "Microsoft.VC80.CRT"

If this folder and its files are missing you need to use the Microsoft link to update your "The Microsoft Visual C++" files.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you are still having trouble check your tso folders

Inside the tsopatch folder (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch)

or (C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch)

You should find a folder named "Microsoft.VC80.CRT"

If this folder and its files are missing you need to use the Microsoft link to update your "The Microsoft Visual C++" files.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for helping all the peeps who can't get in, Gracie.