• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement January 2014 Event Schedule

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
January 2014 Event Schedule

Plot Introduction Oracle Events (Self Paced):
Friday January 17th, 2014 @ 8pm EST
Monday January 20th, 2014 @ 8pm EST

Bennu Event: Plucking the Heart of Winter
Thursday January 23rd, 2014 @ 8pm EST

Conseil du Roi: January December 26th, 8pm Eastern @ Castle Blackthorn

Taweret Event: "For the Orcs, a hand up not a hand out"
Wednesday January 29th 2014 @ 8pm East

Last edited:

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How long with the Friday's Oracle event be. There is a story telling event at 9pm that Captn is
sponsoring. Vesper's Bi weekly meeting will be a short one so that those wishing to attend may. :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long with the Friday's Oracle event be. There is a story telling event at 9pm that Captn is
sponsoring. Vesper's Bi weekly meeting will be a short one so that those wishing to attend may. :)
Both of the Oracle events are self paced and will be up till the Orc event on the 29th, which means you wont miss anything if you do it the next day if you want :)

They are both lead in fiction as we step into 2014 and the new event arc.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first of these events is tonight, it is a semi-short (out of respect for the player events going on) but important plot starting point for the year.

I suggest you very carefully speak with the fellow at the end of the line as his speech isn't exactly completely linear, spend some time talking to him... you will be seeing a lot of him.

Have fun tonight :)

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It starts in Vesper where the town crier is pointing people to.

In retrospect, a mixture of orcish/goblin/english on an oracle was a mistake, just too dang confusing.

In short, the Goblins are in Vesper because they were displaced with a band of Orcs took over Blood Dungeon in Ilshnear, their Warchief is at the Bloodgod Shrine in Orc Dungeon, he is a major character this year and talking to him shouldn't be nearly as confusing as the goblins if you wish to skip to the end and talk to the Chief I totally understand.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note, can we please stop splitting the loot list? It's hard enough to get in the top 20. When you split it we end up having to be in the top 10.
agreed. i know the EM's intentions are good, but it allows / promotes multiple drops for the same person. which makes sense damage wise, but is very frustrating for the masses who struggle to get even for a chance at a 1/20 drop.

that or put a system in place limiting 1 drop per character. people who have more than one account at event could still get more than one drop, but this is fair as they have put the time / effort into making 2 or more competitive characters.
1 character getting multiple event drops tho just doesnt seem right to me.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It starts in Vesper where the town crier is pointing people to.

In retrospect, a mixture of orcish/goblin/english on an oracle was a mistake, just too dang confusing.

In short, the Goblins are in Vesper because they were displaced with a band of Orcs took over Blood Dungeon in Ilshnear, their Warchief is at the Bloodgod Shrine in Orc Dungeon, he is a major character this year and talking to him shouldn't be nearly as confusing as the goblins if you wish to skip to the end and talk to the Chief I totally understand.
Have the oracles been turned off for the moment?

I was unable to find the Warchief in the Orc Dungeon, and can't seem to get any response out of the Blood Chosen Messenger by the EM hall.

Last edited:

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed. i know the EM's intentions are good, but it allows / promotes multiple drops for the same person. which makes sense damage wise, but is very frustrating for the masses who struggle to get even for a chance at a 1/20 drop.

that or put a system in place limiting 1 drop per character. people who have more than one account at event could still get more than one drop, but this is fair as they have put the time / effort into making 2 or more competitive characters.
1 character getting multiple event drops tho just doesnt seem right to me.
In the last event both mobs were dropped in the same area at the same time, I'm sure the loot lists looked quite a bit different because of that. People were unable to concentrate on a single mob and guarantee a prize. I'm working on ways to spread the loot around a bit on Atlantic while working within the system we have.

I was pretty happy with the way the last event went as far as loot went. We even had people get a prize who didn't even know that rewards popped into their packs now, as well as a guy that showed me his reward to be sure it was what he thought it was.

Soar, the Orcs have taken up residence in Blood Dungeon in Ilshnear.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly, I know multiple people who got a drop off each boss. Even with 2 Bosses up, the group mentality still focuses on one first, and when that one died the second had been hardly touched, which is plenty of time for the top players to get onto the top of the list on that boss as well.

Getting into the top 20 is a lot easier for people who don't usually get drops than it is getting into the top 10. I haven't spoken up about this subject before, because well, I enjoy getting more than 1 drop at an event. But honestly, I hardly play anymore.

*IF* you want to spread items around to people/templates that usually dont get items, then take into account the following:
1. The TOP damager + TOP item getters are currently THROWERS/ lesser degree Archers. <- These DOMINATE events on EVERY shard.
2. The second top item getters = Spellweavers AKA Word of Death users.
3. Tamers arent much of an issue nowadays, as its really hard for a dragon to outdamage a thrower/WoDer now.

If you want some change in who gets items you can do the following:
1. Turn off WoD (Ive seen it on Event Bosses before)
2. Make the Bosses Anti Range (Like tentacles of the harrower for example). Or don't let them get AI'd.
3. Eat Pet if you really want to negate tamers (Although like I said, tamers are hardly an issue atm IMO, and this causes more grief than is needed).

Of course, I don't recommend doing stuff like this on every Boss as really, it starts becoming unfair negating a whole template/character over and over. But for when you want to switch it up for awhile, that's the best route you go.

Anyways, sorry for the mini rant. At the end of the day, not only does my guild get a good chunk of items, but so do I. And if I happen to NOT get a drop, well I just use my vast UO fortune to buy it.

(I want to mention, that I remember an event on Deceit with 4 bosses you did Bennu, I believe it was the zombie painting or some such. That actually seemed to work decently well. But again, alot of people got multiples (like myself). The important part was their spacing, as it took some time to go between bosses. If more than 1 boss are going to be used, I do reccomened there be some travel between them, and for them to be up at the same time. This will also help Lag, while making it harder for those top players to easily switch and keep damage up on both bosses.)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i really think simply giving the bosses more hp would make things a bit more "fair" most bosses the last few months die FAST. like under 3 mins. everyone knows how UO is especially at the events. if you cant find the boss, target and start attacking in the first 5 seconds or so you have no chance at a drop. With lag / sorting thru the mobs, and no real way to "auto attack" (in classic client at least) just getting to the boss in that first 5 seconds can be a challenge.
Simple Fix. make bosses take longer. In other games bosses can take 20mins. UO's volunteers have time constraints so that might not be possible, but a little boost in overall boss HP would be nice. Currently most Event bosses could be killed easily by a group of 4 - 5 players, and there are usually 30 to 100 players at an event.

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do a gumball drop

Bennu, your story arcs are famous-they are a challenge- the items keep the value

Some of my most favorite items were clickys

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Lots of great ideas here.
Mostly the best idea might just to give Flutter 10-20 rewards and let her hand them out to random people.
*nods*
Sounds fun to me!

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was waiting on something that never came so I'm going to work around it. Schedule will be up in a couple hours.